This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Dungeon Siege Collection worth grabbing?

#1RenegadeDrowPosted 7/17/2012 12:28:03 AM
I'm a massive fan of this kind of Dungeons and Dragons playstyle and I swear to god that Dungeon Siege 1 was what got me into D&D and is up there as one of my favourite games of all time, has that game held up at all through time?

I hate Dungeon Siege 2.

How is Dungeon Siege 3? I've only played the demo and it seemed pretty poor. Is the co-op viable?

Thanks guys!
---
Listen carefully.
PSN: theDONI
#2darkelfkillerPosted 7/17/2012 12:28:53 AM
DS was terribad. Not sure about the others. Save your money imo.
---
"This is it. This is your story. It all begins here."
LoL IGN: Dr Steinman, Steam ID- Fragerboy, XBL GT: Dr.Steinman, 8/3/2010, best day ever.
#3spardasiegPosted 7/17/2012 12:30:15 AM
No, the first two don't even come with expansions or online apparently and the 3rd is well yeah.... not loved by fans of the series.
---
My Photography and such: http://insidemyeyes.aminus3.com/ (I take pictures of unsuspecting people and inanimate objects for funsies mostly.)
#4KulaXDiamondPosted 7/17/2012 12:40:33 AM
No, the games suck.
---
I think somethings cracked....
C-Critical hit to the nads.....-Yosuke(Persona 4)
#5SolaceIXPosted 7/17/2012 12:40:50 AM
Dungeon Siege 1 is one of my all time favorites. Plus there is a custom launch option that allows lan play. Just use Tunngle or something similar.

DS3 is good. If only weren't called Dungeon Siege. DS2 I haven't honestly put a lot of time into. Though it seems to be pretty awesome. DS2 however does not allow online play period.
---
"Outside of FPS games, the PC really doesn't have ANYTHING." - Friends, gotta love 'em!
#6KutKuSlayerPosted 7/17/2012 12:48:11 AM
i would only recommend DS1, and even then it doesn't come with the LOA expansion.

i would advise trying to find a physical copy (i have one that doesn't work on Vista due to DRM compatability issues, but apparently Win7 runs it fine) of DS:LOA, it includes DS1 and the expansion.
---
"Wise's Bermban ass destruction will challenge these abilities. - darkportal785
Times Ninja'd by Oil: 2
#7MwulfPosted 7/17/2012 1:06:23 AM
What, seriously? I liked DS2. More than DS1, actually. Since the bundle is the only way to get those two games, I say buy the bundle. Definitely worth it. The third game does suck, though.
---
"...Blame this on the misfortune of your birth."
-Char Aznable