This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is Dragon Age any good?

#1Government_FoodPosted 7/18/2012 11:08:50 PM
I'm mainly looking for decent graphics, great storyline, and awesome gameplay.

I'm also a big fan of medieval stuff (Game of Thrones, Oblivion, Skyrim, LoTR, etc)
---
http://i.imgur.com/fVP2a.jpg
#2yakkacruzPosted 7/18/2012 11:09:40 PM
DA:O is amazing
---
. . . I'm a genius, not an engineer! - Aramis
#3KulaXDiamondPosted 7/18/2012 11:09:53 PM
Imo no, the game just drug itself out, or it's because i rushed through it.
---
Rinoa is my waifu.
#4x_stevey_xPosted 7/18/2012 11:10:24 PM
it's one of my fav games this gen. the story is good but not anything great or special (play witcher 2 for story) what i really enjoyed though was character customization and semi real time/turn based baldur's gate/wow gameplay
#5hyjinx17Posted 7/18/2012 11:16:32 PM
Government_Food posted...
I'm mainly looking for decent graphics, great storyline, and awesome gameplay.

I'm also a big fan of medieval stuff (Game of Thrones, Oblivion, Skyrim, LoTR, etc)

Graphics are decent, but the style is great. Story is fantastic and all of the major side quests are also really interesting. Gameplay is great. You can either control one character and have the AI do the work of the others or you can pause it and assign direct, tactical orders to your team.

The setting is a fantastic fantasy setting with alot of adult themes. Elves are descriminated against and are forced to live in alienages(ghettos) and mages are segregated to a tower where the Paladins can keep an eye on them. Nevermind the Darkspawn army(think of them kind of like orcs from LOTR but more demonic) and their Archdemon leader.

If you like good, Deep RPG's, you will love this.

Dragon Age 2 is ok. Mediocre on it's own, but horrible compared to Origins. Honestly if you can get it for 10 bucks, I think it's worth it. It's definately not as bad as people make it sound and I still say it would of been better recieved if it was called a spin off rather than a direct sequel
---
Rainbow Dash is best pony. The only arguement I will accept is for Twilight Sparkle.
#6akuma634Posted 7/18/2012 11:21:43 PM
I thought it was mediocre in every aspect. It's a generic dark fantasy game with very bland combat and a very over done story. I did beat the game but I felt no desire to ever play it again. You get conversation options but the game never makes anything count nor is there anything to keep track of moral choices. I chose to play as a bastard coated bastard with bastard filling and the game ended up treating me like a saint for the most part, yeah I can be a dick but in the end nobody really cares. At one point just because I could I murdered an innocent child and the father simply thanks me because I did what had to be done. I could have easily got rid of what was possessing him but I committed cold blooded murder for a reaction. The whole player choice aspect felt like one big jerk off. I never understood what the hype was or why people loved it so much when it really wasn't anything special.
#7yakkacruzPosted 7/18/2012 11:22:25 PM
the story isn't very important compared to how good the characters are
---
#8akuma634Posted 7/18/2012 11:22:59 PM
Also if you do get the game, make sure to get it with all the DLC because if you don't the game has several NPC's that give you long winded pitches to sell you on these epic quests only to finish with a link to the DLC page with no prior warning of it being DLC. It's f***ing annoying.
#9AlleRacingPosted 7/19/2012 12:24:13 AM
yakkacruz posted...
the story isn't very important compared to how good the characters are

The characters were f***ing terrible, from Carth 3.0 to silent Shen.
---
http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8325/scrunchface2copyfx0.png
http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/default/alle5.jpg
#10yakkacruzPosted 7/19/2012 10:37:02 AM
oh
---