This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Any good similar games to age of empires?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Any good similar games to age of empires?
3 years ago#1
I like the idea of swords and bows over guns but have had a hard time finding similar games. Any to suggest?

Army ones are ok also. Just don't like the idea of a group of swordsman going against guns. Seems stupid.
---
I'm actually a good bloke.
http://chzgifs.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/funny-gifs-lovely-bear.gif
3 years ago#2
All I heard was swords & bows so Shogun II is the game for you.
---
AMD Phenom II X2 565 Dual Core 3.4 BE | Corsair Vengeance 8GB | Biostar Radeon HD5770 1GB | Msi 760GM-P23(FX) AM3+| Antec 300 Mini-T | XFX PRO650W CE | 500GB |
3 years ago#3
Shogun 2 actually does feature swords vs guns, but it's (mostly) historically legit
3 years ago#4
I don't mean this to sound racist, but is that game only have Asian races?
---
I'm actually a good bloke.
http://chzgifs.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/funny-gifs-lovely-bear.gif
(message deleted)
3 years ago#6
unless you can think of western shoguns that existed, then yes, its all asian races

and its a fantastic game, you'd be a fool to pass it up because of something so arbitrary
---
i7 920 D0 | P6T6 WS Revolution | 2xGTX285 2GB | 12GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1600 | 2x600GB Raptor/ 2x1TB RE3 WD | Corsair HX1000w | Silverstone RV01
3 years ago#7
If you get the Fall of the Samuari expansion, you can eventually hire American, British, and French soldiers to fight in your army.

Just be warned that Shogun 2 has a totally different combat system that requires a lot of strategy and thinking, and has a large learning curve. The gun vs sword battles are actually pretty cool. Shogun 2 doesn't have guns and cannons until near the end of a game, but Fall of the Samurai has guns and steamships from the start.
---
"I just wasted a bullet. Don't waste your life." -Big Boss
3 years ago#8
You might like Rise of Nations. It features all the ages, from the stone age to modern age with stealth bombers, but I believe you can set an age limit so just limit it to medieval or w/e.

Also check out ANNO 1404 if you think you'd like something more economy focused.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Any good similar games to age of empires?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived