This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Question about GTA IV and savegames

#1AjaxTheBeastPosted 7/25/2012 9:24:46 PM
Downloaded this from steam sale recently, put in some graphics mods, and such all to my liking. I have it perfect (also have that first response police mod which is cool) But I am stuck on the first island :/

I see you can download savegame files, but you also have to get this xliveless which basically removes the whole game for windows lives thing with GTA. But I'd prefer not to do this because I really don't want to tweak or add anymore files. I've had to reinstall a few times before backing up :/
---
\/\/\/ Guy below me has no idea what he's talking about \/\/\/
#2thrashmetal59Posted 7/25/2012 9:25:41 PM
Just install Xliveless. It's 2 Dll's that get dropped in the GTAIV folder. Easily removed if need be.
---
Slayer > KISS and Quiet Riot. People that agree 11http://media.pcgamer.com/files/2010/09/PC-Gamer-Minecraft-cover1.jpg
#3SteadyingMeatPosted 7/25/2012 9:28:06 PM
I recommend just playing through the game. The story is great, and the game overall is just awesome. (You unlock the islands as the story progresses). I can't imagine just playing GTA IV to screw around in. It's fun for a while that way, but gets incredibly boring really fast unless you have a friend or two with you
---
" hey meat-kun y you no sig? :| "
#4AjaxTheBeast(Topic Creator)Posted 7/25/2012 9:30:10 PM
SteadyingMeat posted...
I recommend just playing through the game. The story is great, and the game overall is just awesome. (You unlock the islands as the story progresses). I can't imagine just playing GTA IV to screw around in. It's fun for a while that way, but gets incredibly boring really fast unless you have a friend or two with you

beat it like 3 times on consoles and played online free roam with my friend to death!! thats why i got the mods it feels refreshed
---
\/\/\/ Guy below me has no idea what he's talking about \/\/\/
#5SteadyingMeatPosted 7/25/2012 9:32:59 PM
AjaxTheBeast posted...
SteadyingMeat posted...

beat it like 3 times on consoles and played online free roam with my friend to death!! thats why i got the mods it feels refreshed

Oh, lol, me too. It's pretty much the only game aside from FFVII, ME 1 and OoT that I have beaten more than three times

I'd install some graphics mods on mine, but it runs poorly enough for me, lol. I'm not really sure why, either, but whatevs
---
" hey meat-kun y you no sig? :| "