This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

VGA No Signal appearing on LCD Asus Monitor.. suggestions?

#1DemosKonradPosted 7/26/2012 6:21:50 PM
So I bought a pretty nifty computer through EcollegePC the other day, and with it I decided to get a nice 24" Asus LCD (LED backlight) monitor. I have everything hooked up, and when I boot up the monitor it just says "VGA No Signal" and then the monitor auto sleeps.

What the heck do I do to fix this? I've tried reattaching the cords one by one several times and nothing. I have an HDMI/DVI/VGA cable.. do they ALL have to be hooked up? I tried just one cord at a time, but regardless of which cord I use it still says "VGA No signal" no matter what.

I even tried two different VGA cords, same thing. Help?
---
"There is nothing good or bad, but thinking makes it so." ~ William Shakespeare
#2DemosKonrad(Topic Creator)Posted 7/26/2012 6:54:27 PM
None of the input options are working. I've tried switching the monitor display option to HDMI, VGA and DVI and they all say the exact same thing.. no signal. Dunno what the solution is..
---
#3DemosKonrad(Topic Creator)Posted 7/26/2012 7:06:26 PM
Anyone..? I keep seeing suggestions like "Are you sure your video card drivers are up to date?" and such like that, but how exactly do I update my drivers with a blank screen??
---
#4GriffPosted 7/26/2012 9:09:56 PM(edited)
Are you sure that the computer is working?
It sounds like the video card is either not seated properly or perhaps missing a power supply lead?
Is the computer even booting? Do you hear the Windows startup sound from your speakers, are the keyboard lights coming on?