This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Does youtube really show true 1080 HD?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Does youtube really show true 1080 HD?
4 years ago#21
skinnyguy1234 posted...
8Mbps is.... not very high. Blu rays are usually around 35, I think. Sony XDCam (Pro stuff) tops out at 50.

Lol wut? I don't know what's worse, you implying that 8 Mbps is low or you expecting blu ray level rates.
What's a sig?
4 years ago#22
1080 "HD"

LOL
I think I'm the only person on gamefaqs with a daughterboard - ToastyOne
New with a moderation history more plentiful than karma. - Fossil (Moderator)
4 years ago#23
skinnyguy1234 posted...
8Mbps is.... not very high. Blu rays are usually around 35, I think. Sony XDCam (Pro stuff) tops out at 50.

Lol wut? I don't know what's worse, you implying that 8 Mbps is low or you expecting blu ray level rates.

Compared to other standards out there, 8Mbps is low. Decent for streaming I guess.

I'm not expecting Blu Ray quality, that'd be stupid. It's called a comparison. Put away that 'lol wut' crap.
I find your argument is based on unqualified assumptions, faulty logic, and pipe dreams.
4 years ago#24
Of course its compressed - where are you going to find uncompressed 1080p? Lossless 1080p encoding? How large would that be?

The issue is that youtube compression sucks. And its still slow.
Don't be scared of nightmares; make them be scared of you.
4 years ago#25
skinnyguy1234 posted...
skinnyguy1234 posted...

Compared to other standards out there, 8Mbps is low. Decent for streaming I guess.

I'm not expecting Blu Ray quality, that'd be stupid. It's called a comparison. Put away that 'lol wut' crap.

A lot of the HD movie downloads you find are 8-11 Mbps. Downloads.
What's a sig?
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Does youtube really show true 1080 HD?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived