This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PS3 Controller question (Jade Empire)

#1MortalDangerPosted 7/29/2012 7:19:08 PM
Right, so I got my PS3 controller working for the first time.

But in Jade Empire you're supposed to be able to evade by tapping the direction twice. Whichever way I tap on the analog stick my character rolls forward everytime.

Fix?
---
God Bless America.
#2MortalDanger(Topic Creator)Posted 7/30/2012 9:12:04 AM
I'm using MotionInJoy. Thanks.
---
Recently traded in: Dead Island; Dues Ex
#3deprofundis442Posted 7/30/2012 9:13:54 AM
Does using the D pad make a difference?
#4KillerTrufflePosted 7/30/2012 9:22:41 AM
I've had the same problem with my standard Logitech gamepad. Works great in the game, except for that issue and the fact that I can't seem to be able to invert my Y axis (I only like pull down to look up in flight sims). One weird thing I've noticed is that it changes tho, so I think it may be something with the game rather than with the controller. During normal exploration, double-tapping any direction rolls forward. However, during *combat*, I actually roll the direction I tap. No idea why it's different.

My bigger problem is that I'm stuck in an area shortly after one of the early flying sequences - there's a campfire inside some kind of old ruin. The camera is 100% broken in this area, so it's zoomed in and looking straight down at the ground. I'm unable to look around or find any sort of exit, so I can't get out of there. I've carefully gone around every single wall, following the rules of maze navigation even, and I cannot find an exit from that place. I can't see what's around, so I've gotten utterly stuck there. :P
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#5MortalDanger(Topic Creator)Posted 7/30/2012 9:46:43 AM
Maybe that's all it is, just only roll forward while exploring. I didn't think of that. Got discouraged and with the huge backlog I just went to something else.

And I can't use the D-Pad because it is mapped for stances and wouldn't be feasible anyway else. I'm new to this whole gamepad on PC thing so bear with me here. I'll try in combat when I get home and see what the deal is and report back.
---
If I ever see that woman walkin' down the street, I'll just stand back and try to move away slowly...
#6MortalDanger(Topic Creator)Posted 7/30/2012 9:33:34 PM
That was it. I just wasn't in combat. And I learned to flip it over to PS2 controller instead of PS3.

Thank ye.
---
God Bless America.