This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Getting gaming pc. What games should i get.

#1LB3Posted 11/4/2012 7:41:10 PM
I havnt had a gaming pc in 4 years and will be getting one soon. What games do you think i should get?

I will already be getting.

The Witcher 1 and 2
Skyrim
Xcom Enemy unknown
Diablo 3
I really want an mmo but i dont know which one. I loved City of Heroes.
---
PSN: Bwleon7
#2praetor fenixPosted 11/4/2012 7:45:51 PM
The new Deus Ex is pretty decent, the STALKER games are worth checking out but they might not be for you. If your machine is pretty strong, check out Metro 2033. Amnesia is pretty good, be sure to play with the lights off and headphones.
---
[S]olitary, poor, nasty, brutish, and short. - Leviathan
Nyar
#3Silversun7Posted 11/4/2012 8:02:34 PM
I'd probably knock Diablo 3 off the list, it is really nothing special and doesn't live up to the previous games in the series.

Add the Mass Effect trilogy, pretty sure all 3 are $59.99 on origin when bought together.
---
Early '11 MBP | i5(2400) 8gb, 550Ti, Nikon D90, '03 Lancer Oz-Rally
[ insert more stuff I own here] - for Suicidal Banana
#4Lady_GweynPosted 11/4/2012 8:12:46 PM
There aren't any good MMOs out right now (GW2 is fine, but they screwed up class balance and PVP by getting rid of tank-healer-dps), but FF14 - Realm Reborn could be worth looking into. Square built the game up from scratch after the disastrous launch two years ago.

Dragon Age: Origins is pretty good, but stay away from the second game.
---
PSN: Megistrus
#5slayernycPosted 11/4/2012 8:34:20 PM
Borderlands 2
Sleeping Dogs
Diablo 3

Should keep you entertained for awhile
---
* NZXT H2 case - I5 3570k - evga 660ti - 8Gb DDR3 - ocztech 750w Fatality psu *
#6JKatarnPosted 11/4/2012 8:34:30 PM
Silversun7 posted...
I'd probably knock Diablo 3 off the list, it is really nothing special and doesn't live up to the previous games in the series.

Add the Mass Effect trilogy, pretty sure all 3 are $59.99 on origin when bought together.

I would disregard that poster - Diablo 3 isn't perfect (which is likely why it gets so much unjustified hate on these forums), but if you enjoyed Diablo 2 or just enjoy Action RPGs in general, and aren't OCD about games meeting your every criteria, you'll have a lot of fun with the varied classes, and fun combat with plenty of flexibility in skill allocation.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 460 Superclocked
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#7Arsene-LupinPosted 11/4/2012 8:41:02 PM
Shogun II: Total War.
(And Rome II: Total War when it comes out).
Mass Effect & Mass Effect 2 (skip the third game, it's awful).
Assassin's Creed 2, Assassins Creed Brotherhood, Assassins Creed Revelations & Assassins Creed III
Diablo III (lots of blind hate for it, but it's a decent game).
Civilization 5
Portal 2
Dishonored
Skyrim
Sleeping Dogs
Ys Origin & Oath in Felghana
Starcraft 2
The Witcher & The Witcher 2
Bastion

Well, that's about it for more recent games. Classic PC games should go without saying--Baldur's Gate 2, Fallout 2, etc., etc.

Oh, and keep an eye out for Baldur's Gate: Enhnaced Edition which is supposed to be released this month, if it hasn't been delayed again.
---
"And you see where that can lead you, into what mistakes and absurdities, when you are dealing with a man like Arsene Lupin."
#8The_Count_FooPosted 11/4/2012 8:43:08 PM
Dark Souls and a controller.
---
Divided by night...
#9Arsene-LupinPosted 11/4/2012 8:43:55 PM
Oh, yeah. Can't believe I forgot to mention Dark Souls.

And a controller should go without saying. PS3 or X360 controller, preferably.
---
"And you see where that can lead you, into what mistakes and absurdities, when you are dealing with a man like Arsene Lupin."
#10Silversun7Posted 11/4/2012 8:48:49 PM
JKatarn posted...
Silversun7 posted...

I would disregard that poster - Diablo 3 isn't perfect (which is likely why it gets so much unjustified hate on these forums), but if you enjoyed Diablo 2 or just enjoy Action RPGs in general, and aren't OCD about games meeting your every criteria, you'll have a lot of fun with the varied classes, and fun combat with plenty of flexibility in skill allocation.

It's an opinion, I never said I outright hated it just that I wasn't a huge fan of it and would have rather spent my money elsewhere.

That said, I have not played it since launch month, has anything substantial changed that might warrant more play time?
---
Early '11 MBP | i5(2400) 8gb, 550Ti, Nikon D90, '03 Lancer Oz-Rally
[ insert more stuff I own here] - for Suicidal Banana