This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Battlefield 1942 free on Origin!

#31King PazuzuPosted 11/11/2012 2:15:51 AM
arleas posted...
Knowing some people on this board, they'd rather pick in up on Steam for $10 than get it for FREE on Orgin.

I'd just rather not use Origin. I've bought very few EA games lately, and mostly they've been on sale for very very cheap on steam. As for BF1942, it's not on steam, and the Origin version is unfortunately incompatible[1] with the old BF 1942 so the only people you'll get to play will be those on Origin. Why would they do this? ... the only reason they're offering it free is to get people to use Origin so they can show their shareholders that they're still increasing the subscriber base.

[1] http://blogs.battlefield.com/2012/11/download-bf1942-for-free/
"Q: Can I play online against players who have the original disc-based version?
A: Unfortunately, no. This Origin digital download version can only be played against other players who are using the same version. But since itís free for everyone, everyone can download their own copy of the game. This version of the game will only show applicable (new) servers in the server browser.
"

So its not big deal really. If you have the disc version you can get it for free on Origin. They're not making you pay extra for another copy.
---
In a 6 person hot tub, there should be a maximum of 3 guys.
#32ElementalWindPosted 11/11/2012 7:17:04 AM
If only loading a map didn't make it crash on my machine -_-
---
Now, if we'd just use postfix syntax like sensible people, this wouldn't even be an issue. -scudobuio
#33bobhome2Posted 11/11/2012 9:16:51 AM
arleas posted...
Knowing some people on this board, they'd rather pick in up on Steam for $10 than get it for FREE on Orgin.

I'd just rather not use Origin. I've bought very few EA games lately, and mostly they've been on sale for very very cheap on steam. As for BF1942, it's not on steam, and the Origin version is unfortunately incompatible[1] with the old BF 1942 so the only people you'll get to play will be those on Origin. Why would they do this? ... the only reason they're offering it free is to get people to use Origin so they can show their shareholders that they're still increasing the subscriber base.

Agreed. I don't much care for Origin, and I only have 2 games that require it. I generally use Steam, as that has the rest of my downloaded games, and my friends are on it. I have no real reason to boot up Origin, and no reason to bargain hunt there.
#34machetemanPosted 11/11/2012 9:22:28 AM
Origin is fine. If you want to forgo free games, thats your prerogative. Entitled PC gamers are the worst.
#35SomeMacGuyPosted 11/11/2012 9:22:59 AM
tried it, uninstalled it, and went back to bc2
---
Maximum Payload, INFINITY! Currently playing GGPO
#36strongo9Posted 11/11/2012 9:24:39 AM
sonicteam2k1 posted...
lost me at origin

---
Want Paper Mario Sticker Star, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, New Super Mario Bros. U, and Rayman Legends
i7-2670qm @ 2.2ghz | 6GB DDR3 | 1GB Geforce 540m