This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why you should vote for Obama if you care at all about internet openness.

#131New LinkPosted 11/5/2012 5:53:36 PM
Snacks23 posted...
Mike_HD2 posted...
And yet China's annual military budget is about one sixth of America's.

drones are really expensive bro, and we use a s***load of them to murder innocent people that weren't fighting us

oh btw that's been going on the last 4 years and not just during bush's time in office, the difference between bush and obama though is that obama got a nobel peace prize for it

Snuckie7 posted...
Snacks23 literally has no idea what he's talking about.

Actually Snacks kinda hit the nail on the head with that one Snuckie. Our standard drone strike procedure is to have a second strike come in to take out any rescuers which may arrive. Obama has killed significantly more civilians than Bush has by using this method, including American citizens on domestic soil without any right to a fair trial.
---
-SNES- Hasta Pasta!
Sieh nur wie ich laufen kann... Mich fängst du nicht, ich bin der Lebkuchenmann!
#132Snacks23Posted 11/5/2012 5:54:16 PM
DarthVashti posted...
I used to live in a town that Romney and Baine Capitol completely destroyed. He will do the same to America if he gets elected.

i used to live in a town that Obama and the united states government literally destroyed

he will do the same if he is re-elected
---
http://tinyurl.com/86ycesp http://tinyurl.com/7r8ouge
http://tinyurl.com/7hb5dzn http://tinyurl.com/6rxud7b
#1331shadetail1Posted 11/5/2012 5:54:24 PM
Snacks23 posted...
please tell me how obama is not exactly as bad as romney

The President has all combat troops out of Iraq and is drawing down Afghanistan on schedule. Romney has criticized both of these moves and wants to reverse them. The President is relying on negotiations and international diplomacy to deal with Iran. Romney has declared his desire for a unilateral attack.

And that's just for starters.
---
Religion is like spaghetti: either stiff and fragile, or wet and limp.
#134Snuckie7Posted 11/5/2012 5:55:35 PM
Snacks brought up the drones to justify why the US spends 6 times as much as China on it's military, which is of course, completely wrong. The drones killing civilians is just a side point.
---
#135New LinkPosted 11/5/2012 5:57:09 PM
Snuckie7 posted...
Snacks brought up the drones to justify why the US spends 6 times as much as China on it's military, which is of course, completely wrong. The drones killing civilians is just a side point.

The reason our military budget is so high is because since its inception the military has never received a budget cut, nor has it ever been audited. We keep funnelling more money into it without any checks to see where it is actually going.
---
-SNES- Hasta Pasta!
Sieh nur wie ich laufen kann... Mich fängst du nicht, ich bin der Lebkuchenmann!
#136ygfbvPosted 11/5/2012 5:57:46 PM
Snacks23 posted...
ygfbv posted...
China is easily twenty to thirty years behind us in naval technology, ten to fifteen in air technology, and still in the past century on infantry warfare. It isn't a threat. Their navy is half the size of ours, consisting of ships that are mostly derelict and out of date - their carriers are still using technology from the damned 80s.

Our seventh fleet is more than enough to handle anything in that region.

speak to someone in the military about this subject

if you are in the military speak to someone in intelligence about this subject about as much as they are allowed to tell you without violating any kind of secret clearance

if you are in military intelligence please dont re-enlist

More ad-hominem attacks? How cute.

It seems you're nothing more than a troll. Sucks that I took the bait, I guess.
---
http://www.anime-planet.com/images/users/signatures/ygfbv.jpg
#137Mike_HD2(Topic Creator)Posted 11/5/2012 5:58:32 PM

And there's also the fact that it was the MILITARY who decided they didn't need an increased military budget. It wasn't Obama, or any of his party pals, it was the f***ing miltary, who i'd say have a better idea about how much money they need than Mitt 'Five Trillion' Romney.
#138Dave_is_my_namePosted 11/5/2012 6:00:06 PM
New Link posted...
Snuckie7 posted...

The reason our military budget is so high is because since its inception the military has never received a budget cut, nor has it ever been audited. We keep funnelling more money into it without any checks to see where it is actually going.

That's pretty true. Which is why I like the idea of tying a certain portion of the GDP to the military budget. That way it is not just a blank check being handed over, but a predetermined amount.
#139ya_about_whatPosted 11/5/2012 6:01:32 PM
Mike_HD2 posted...

And there's also the fact that it was the MILITARY who decided they didn't need an increased military budget. It wasn't Obama, or any of his party pals, it was the f***ing miltary, who i'd say have a better idea about how much money they need than Mitt 'Five Trillion' Romney.

"The president also serves as the Commander in Chief of the armed forces"

C'mon, kids know more than you man. http://www.congressforkids.net/Executivebranch_presidentsjob_2.htm
---
I fought the mods, and the, mods won
#140Dave_is_my_namePosted 11/5/2012 6:01:44 PM
Mike_HD2 posted...

You don't even understand what his plan was. It's not just arbitrarily raising the military budget, it's tying a specific percentage to the GDP.