This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why you should vote for Obama if you care at all about internet openness.

#161Orestes417Posted 11/5/2012 6:25:47 PM
SythisTaru posted...
It's common sense: Young people start out as democrats, and as they get more life experience and grow older, they become Republican. I wonder why that is....

Better discounts on Depends for Republican AARP members most likely.
---
All your questions can be answered, if that is what you want. But once you learn your answers, you can never unlearn them
#162Dave_is_my_namePosted 11/5/2012 6:26:02 PM
Orestes417 posted...
Obama's not great, but he's not terrible either. Romney on the other hand is the Universe attempting to keep up with the "Build a bigger idiot" principle after their startling successes with Bush.

I disagree, Obama is terrible.

I've never been a big fan of GW Bush, but while everybody has taken their chace to crucify him, at least done more in the way of curing AIDS then any other president has before him. You can take your time to read this article. Without Bush 04 there is no PEPFAR.

http://www.ibtimes.com/elton-john-praises-george-bushs-aids-work-ex-presidents-popularity-rebounds-731806

What has Obama done besides jam a national health care system down our throats?
#163Dave_is_my_namePosted 11/5/2012 6:27:06 PM
Mike_HD2 posted...
Unless you were against the policies he stood for in 2008 then there's no way you should be voting against him this time around. Otherwise you're just somebody who clearly doesn't pay attention.

I'd venture to say many of us did not stand for his policies in 08...
#164Mike_HD2(Topic Creator)Posted 11/5/2012 6:27:09 PM
It's common sense: Young people start out as democrats, and as they get more life experience and grow older, they become Republican. I wonder why that is....

Dementia.
#165n00b14Posted 11/5/2012 6:27:49 PM
SythisTaru posted...

Weird, my parents went the opposite way. My dad grew up a poor Republican and now I'd say he is an upper middle class moderate. Mom grew up rich Republican, now she's left-leaning center.

The key is to go towards the middle, running away from one cliff to fall off the other is not wise.
#166JustPlainEvilPosted 11/5/2012 6:28:06 PM
Also lol@the idiots claiming "I'M MOVING TO CANADA".

good luck.
---
Touhou/MLP/Animu/Gaming Fan. PSN: MortaLPortaL SteamID:MortaLPortaL_
Phenom II X4 965, Sapphire HD6850, 8GB Gskill, BioStar A880G+, Seasonic S12II, W8.
#167Born LuckyPosted 11/5/2012 6:28:12 PM
Unemployment is higher now than when he became President.

Gas prices have doubled.

Food prices have increased by 20 %

The debt is doubled

The deficit has increased exponentially

Insurance rates are higher

More people on food stamps than in US history.

He lied about Libya

He helped the Muslim Brotherhood take over Egypt, and supported Al Qaeda rebels in their conquest of Libya

and he wants total government control of the internet.

This is America, and people are allowed to be idiots and vote for Obama, but that doesn't mean the rest of us have to.
---
I was talking to the parrot - Poirot
#168Mike_HD2(Topic Creator)Posted 11/5/2012 6:28:14 PM
Mike_HD2 posted...
Unless you were against the policies he stood for in 2008 then there's no way you should be voting against him this time around. Otherwise you're just somebody who clearly doesn't pay attention.

I'd venture to say many of us did not stand for his policies in 08...

Yeah, and i'm not interested in those who didn't because they would vote for a mutilated corpse if it was a Republican candidate.

I'm interested in making those who think Romney is a good alternative to Obama realise they're dead wrong.
#169CuteBeansPosted 11/5/2012 6:29:00 PM
They both suck. Obama is just the lesser of two evils.

I wouldn't vote for a black president anymore nor would I vote for a stupid white like Romney. That's why I won't be voting since I also am not in America.
#170ThescyyPosted 11/5/2012 6:29:18 PM
Dave_is_my_name posted...
Orestes417 posted...
Obama's not great, but he's not terrible either. Romney on the other hand is the Universe attempting to keep up with the "Build a bigger idiot" principle after their startling successes with Bush.

I disagree, Obama is terrible.

I've never been a big fan of GW Bush, but while everybody has taken their chace to crucify him, at least done more in the way of curing AIDS then any other president has before him. You can take your time to read this article. Without Bush 04 there is no PEPFAR.

What has Obama done besides jam a national health care system down our throats?

Extended the surveillance state even further and trampled the constitution even more than Bush?
---
"I don't need to be careful, I've got a gun!"