This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why you should vote for Obama if you care at all about internet openness.

#171Dave_is_my_namePosted 11/5/2012 7:29:22 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#172Dave_is_my_namePosted 11/5/2012 7:32:38 PM(edited)
JustPlainEvil posted...
Obama's not great, but he's not terrible either. Romney on the other hand is the Universe attempting to keep up with the "Build a bigger idiot" principle after their startling successes with Bush.

blame one person for 8 years of misfortune created at their helm, and sleep good at night telling people you can fix it with elfen jesus magic. And I never said Romney found rape justifiable, that other republican moron did. But defunding planned parenthood as well as overturning roe vs wade.

would you sleep easy at night if someone you know carried a rapists baby and couldn't do anything about it.?

Romney said cases such as life endangerment and rape are times when abortions are not challenged.

I also don't vote based on social issues. I vote based on the economy, which Obama has failed.

And bringing up the justifying rape thing was in poor taste if it is not at the issue in hand. Romney never supported whoever that nutbar was, and many told him to clear out.
#173SythisTaruPosted 11/5/2012 7:31:26 PM
I wish Andrew Ryan was running :(
#174Mike_HD2(Topic Creator)Posted 11/5/2012 7:31:34 PM
http://www.thenation.com/blog/170623/romneys-seven-biggest-debate-lies#

It's not even a policy issue tbh. It's an issue between a bare faced liar and somebody who had goals prior to be elected and couldn't meet them all.
#175New LinkPosted 11/5/2012 7:31:53 PM
SythisTaru posted...
It's common sense: Young people start out as democrats, and as they get more life experience and grow older, they become Republican. I wonder why that is....

Brainwashing by the media, which avoids the real topics.
---
-SNES- Hasta Pasta!
Sieh nur wie ich laufen kann... Mich fängst du nicht, ich bin der Lebkuchenmann!
#176JustPlainEvilPosted 11/5/2012 7:32:57 PM
JustPlainEvil posted...
Obama's not great, but he's not terrible either. Romney on the other hand is the Universe attempting to keep up with the "Build a bigger idiot" principle after their startling successes with Bush.

blame one person for 8 years of misfortune created at their helm, and sleep good at night telling people you can fix it with elfen jesus magic. And I never said Romney found rape justifiable, that other republican moron did. But defunding planned parenthood as well as overturning roe vs wade.

would you sleep easy at night if someone you know carried a rapists baby and couldn't do anything about it.?

Romney said cases such as life endangerment and rape are times when abortions are not challenged.

I also don't vote based on social issues. I vote based on the economy, which Obama has failed.

And bringing up the justifying thing was in poor taste if it is not at the issue in hand. Romney never supported whoever that nutbar was, and many told him to clear out.

“I'd like to see Roe v. Wade overturned and allow the states and the elected representatives of the people, and the people themselves, have the ability to put in place pro-life legislation.”
5 June 2007, Republican Presidential Debate (Manchester, New Hampshire)
---
Touhou/MLP/Animu/Gaming Fan. PSN: MortaLPortaL SteamID:MortaLPortaL_
Phenom II X4 965, Sapphire HD6850, 8GB Gskill, BioStar A880G+, Seasonic S12II, W8.
#177ThescyyPosted 11/5/2012 7:33:00 PM
Mike_HD2 posted...

It's not even a policy issue tbh. It's an issue between a bare faced liar and somebody who had goals prior to be elected and couldn't meet them all.

They are both liar's, Obama is just better at hiding it.
---
"I don't need to be careful, I've got a gun!"
#178Dave_is_my_namePosted 11/5/2012 7:34:31 PM(edited)
JustPlainEvil posted...
JustPlainEvil posted...

And bringing up the justifying thing was in poor taste if it is not at the issue in hand. Romney never supported whoever that nutbar was, and many told him to clear out.

“I'd like to see Roe v. Wade overturned and allow the states and the elected representatives of the people, and the people themselves, have the ability to put in place pro-life legislation.”
5 June 2007, Republican Presidential Debate (Manchester, New Hampshire)

Hell yeah I agree with that. As I've said before, I am all in favor of states rights over federal rights.

But of course, even for a pro life law, i would want an exception in certain cases listed above, not a blanket no abortion thing.
#179Mike_HD2(Topic Creator)Posted 11/5/2012 7:34:08 PM
Mike_HD2 posted...

They are both liar's, Obama is just better at hiding it.

When was the last time Obama claimed he'd generate five trillion dollars without explaining where it would come from ?
#180SythisTaruPosted 11/5/2012 7:34:19 PM
New Link posted...
SythisTaru posted...
It's common sense: Young people start out as democrats, and as they get more life experience and grow older, they become Republican. I wonder why that is....

Brainwashing by the media, which avoids the real topics.

Well, aside from Fox news, the majority of the media supports the democrats, so this doesn't really make sense. And while Fox news does have the most viewers for a CABLE news stations, the non-cable news programs still get far more viewers.