This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why you should vote for Obama if you care at all about internet openness.

#31Orestes417Posted 11/5/2012 4:21:10 PM
If third parties want support, they have to get it the old fashioned way. Grass roots and local elections working up to congress, not targetting the presidency then... if somehow miraculous they win, getting stonewalled because neither party who is actually in power wants to work with them.
---
All your questions can be answered, if that is what you want. But once you learn your answers, you can never unlearn them
#32daviddPosted 11/5/2012 4:21:24 PM
Dave_is_my_name posted...
SemperFiAngel posted...
Anyone still arguing about Benghazi is fooling themselves.

Attacks on US Embassies is nothing new, and the only reason it is getting attention is because of mainstream hype before the election.

The media has ruined this country. Oh and congress.

Yes the fact that the administration ignored security requests for weeks, if not months, is really nothing to focus on....

These right-wing myths about the Benghazi attack have largely been disproven, time to move on. Maybe go back to the president's birth certificate?
---
-davidd
#33Mike_HD2(Topic Creator)Posted 11/5/2012 4:22:02 PM
Lol political topic...

Not... DIDN'T vote for Obama because there are far more important issues that need to be un-f***ed than ANYTHING that could involve the internet right now.

So you voted for Romney ?
#34Dave_is_my_namePosted 11/5/2012 4:25:36 PM(edited)
Mike_HD2 posted...
I will vote Romney.

1) Do not want nationalized health care
1a) do not want to be taxed when I'm buying a house to pay for OC
1b) I do not want to be taxed on every deposit or withdrawal i make from my bank to pay for OC

2) I believe in less government intervention

3) I believe in less government spending

4) I believe in states rights over federal rights

5) I want the economy fixed, this means small business growth something we have not seen these past four years

6) I want answers on Benghazi: Is Obama a liar, or an incompetent?

There are several more reasons I will not vote for Obama, but these are some the most significant in my view.

Please explain what you're referring to, or stop watching Fox News. Actually, do both.

And Romney's spending plan would increase the deficit, not lower it.

Then there's the mythical five trillion he has never explained.

Or the lies about his medical plans covering those with pre-existing conditions.

Or his statement that he doesn't care about 47% of Americans.

What a great guy to have leading America.

Yes, it is so wrong to admit that instead of trying to get votes from the 47% of Americans that are already Pro Obama, he should concentrate on the independent 6%.

If you actually listened to the statement, you would understand that was the crux of the issue.

But go ahead, read more Huffington Post articles and watch old reruns of the Daily Show.
#35Mike_HD2(Topic Creator)Posted 11/5/2012 4:26:58 PM(edited)
Mike_HD2 posted...
I will vote Romney.

1) Do not want nationalized health care
1a) do not want to be taxed when I'm buying a house to pay for OC
1b) I do not want to be taxed on every deposit or withdrawal i make from my bank to pay for OC

2) I believe in less government intervention

3) I believe in less government spending

4) I believe in states rights over federal rights

5) I want the economy fixed, this means small business growth something we have not seen these past four years

6) I want answers on Benghazi: Is Obama a liar, or an incompetent?

There are several more reasons I will not vote for Obama, but these are some the most significant in my view.

Please explain what you're referring to, or stop watching Fox News. Actually, do both.

And Romney's spending plan would increase the deficit, not lower it.

Then there's the mythical five trillion he has never explained.

Or the lies about his medical plans covering those with pre-existing conditions.

Or his statement that he doesn't care about 47% of Americans.

What a great guy to have leading America.

Yes, it is so wrong to admit that instead of trying to get votes from the 46% of Americans that are already Pro Obama, he should concentrate on the independent 8%.

If you actually listened to the statement, you would understand that was the crux of the issue.

But go ahead, read more Huffington Post articles and watch old reruns of the Daily Show.

I like the part where you ignored all of the points you have no answer for, like you're absurd clinging to the Benghazi issue which has been debunked as right win propaganda many times.

Honestly, Republican drones can put a positive spin on anything. And here is the actual quote:

'There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what. All right, there are 47 percent who are with him, who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe the government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you name it. That that's an entitlement. And the government should give it to them. And they will vote for this president no matter what.... These are people who pay no income tax. Forty-seven percent of Americans pay no income tax. So our message of low taxes doesn't connect. So he'll be out there talking about tax cuts for the rich. I mean, that's what they sell every four years. And so my job is not to worry about those people. I'll never convince them they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives.'

Do you not see what he's doing ? He is accusing 47% of your country's people of being lazy welfare slobs who contribute nothing to society and will never do anything of note. How you can try and put a positive spin on that is beyond me.

What kind of a f***ed up world do you want to live in where the person running the country doesn't care about 47% of the country's people ?
#36SemperFiAngelPosted 11/5/2012 4:26:42 PM
Dave_is_my_name posted...
SemperFiAngel posted...
Anyone still arguing about Benghazi is fooling themselves.

Attacks on US Embassies is nothing new, and the only reason it is getting attention is because of mainstream hype before the election.

The media has ruined this country. Oh and congress.

Yes the fact that the administration ignored increased security requests for weeks, if not months, is really nothing to focus on....

You think its simple, its not. War time anything can happen, why aren't you crying foul about any other attacks on us embassies before Obama was president? Because you don't know about that, you only hear what the media has been reporting.
---
Youtube:
www.youtube.com/chrisrey3156
#37Orestes417Posted 11/5/2012 4:27:58 PM
Do you not see what he's doing ? He is accusing 47% of your country's people of being lazy welfare slobs who contribute nothing to society and will never do anything of note. How you can try and put a positive spin on that is beyond me.

Amen. I can't fathom the confusion of ideas that would lead any rational thinking person to side with that sort of ****.
---
All your questions can be answered, if that is what you want. But once you learn your answers, you can never unlearn them
#38cody4783Posted 11/5/2012 4:28:12 PM
Mike_HD2 posted...
So you voted for Romney ?

Pretty much. I don't completely agree with either side, but I've already seen what Obama is doing and heard what his "plans" are, and felt Romney certainly can't do much worse.

That's basically all the more I have to say about this matter, have fun guys. I'm making popcorn on the sidelines if anyone wants to join me.
---
PC: http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn233/cody4783/cody4783.jpg
#39Dave_is_my_namePosted 11/5/2012 4:30:45 PM(edited)
"There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what. All right, there are 47 percent who are with him, who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe the government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you name it. That that's an entitlement. And the government should give it to them. And they will vote for this president no matter what.... These are people who pay no income tax. Forty-seven percent of Americans pay no income tax. So our message of low taxes doesn't connect. So he'll be out there talking about tax cuts for the rich. I mean, that's what they sell every four years. And so my job is not to worry about those people. I'll never convince them they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives."

Plopping this here takes the statement out of context, but thats okay I can play your game.

Romney was discussing why he is not trying to gain votes from 47% who are already Pro Obama supporters.

and he is right. People who feed off the government are not going to vote for him

His job, not to worry about them, is in context of gaining votes. Not ignoring them if he is president.
#40Mike_HD2(Topic Creator)Posted 11/5/2012 4:30:51 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]