This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why you should vote for Obama if you care at all about internet openness.

#371MortalDangerPosted 11/6/2012 9:22:49 PM(edited)
Mike_HD2 posted...
Clinton will run in 2016 and the Democrats will hold the Presidency until at least 2020.

I probably would have voted for him now. Clinton>Hilary>Lots of people>Romney>Most other people>Obama.
---
God Bless America.
#372Mike_HD2(Topic Creator)Posted 11/6/2012 9:24:49 PM
Mike_HD2 posted...
Clinton will run in 2016 and the Democrats will hold the Presidency until at least 2020.

I probably would have voted for him now. Clinton>Hilary>Lots of people>Romney>Most other people>Obama.

I meant Hilary :P
#373Snuckie7Posted 11/6/2012 10:22:16 PM
Yea Bill already had his two terms.
---
#374CuteBeansPosted 11/6/2012 10:24:19 PM
Snuckie7 posted...

**** OBAMA!
#375Snuckie7Posted 11/6/2012 10:27:20 PM
CuteBeans posted...
Snuckie7 posted...

**** OBAMA!

http://i.imgur.com/Owl0Z.gif
---
#376ObsidusPosted 11/6/2012 10:38:54 PM
Maybe Republicans will get it through their heads now that pandering to far right sentiments and people isn't going to get them into office. Bush soured many people, the way Congress has been acting the past 2 years has been SHAMEFUL, the Tea Party are farcical, and the Republican Presidential candidates this time around were all an absolute slide show of buffoonery and idiocy, every single one of them was an absolute joke. At least four years ago they had McCain, whom I respect (Palin sunk that ship combined with people being iffy on the right because of Bush), but this time around it was just a collection of dullards. I really believe Obama won this not because people like Democrats more, but because the Republicans have been putting their feet in their mouths and aping it up for a couple years now, they dug their own graves. Maybe in four more years we'll, *gasp*, see a MODERATE Republican, if that occurs I know where I'll be voting.
---
Cultivating an immunity to rebuttal is not a substitute for being correct.
#377Robot_SoopaPosted 11/6/2012 10:40:45 PM
Snacks23 posted...
i think everyone can agree that romney would not have been a whole lot better but i think for people preferring romney to obama it was 4 more years of guaranteed failure from a guy we know sucks, or 4 years of seeing if romney could actually make things any worse

bush was re-elected so im not all that surprised.

Na it was more like neither candidate is fixing the economy any time soon so let's not let Romney f*** up the rest of America while we wait on the economy.
#378KillerTrufflePosted 11/6/2012 10:46:34 PM
I'll agree that the Republican race this time around could easily have been mistaken for a gathering of Clown College dropouts, but even then, I almost wonder what would have happened if Romney won. With Obama, we *know* we're pretty well screwed. Romney was a wild card - you never know what his position will be next week, so there was at least a possibility he might accidentally do something right. And there's solid evidence that Romney knows finance much better than Obama and could actually start on fixing the economy.

Oh well. Not gonna happen... we got the guy who's already proven he knows how to screw the country up.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#379ObsidusPosted 11/6/2012 10:51:23 PM
Robot_Soopa posted...
Snacks23 posted...
i think everyone can agree that romney would not have been a whole lot better but i think for people preferring romney to obama it was 4 more years of guaranteed failure from a guy we know sucks, or 4 years of seeing if romney could actually make things any worse

bush was re-elected so im not all that surprised.

Na it was more like neither candidate is fixing the economy any time soon so let's not let Romney f*** up the rest of America while we wait on the economy.

That's the best thing about these last couple of years. Bush's economic policies and 2 unpaid for wars played an extremely strong part in wrecking the economy, and yet somehow, Republicans thought that people would be stupid enough to believe that the left cannot fix this at all, ever, and the only way to fix it would be to give them the reins again so they can go right back to doing exactly the same crap that Bush did for 8 years that got us here. That would be like Neville Chamberlain trying to convince WW2 era Britain to forget this Churchill guy, keep me in power so I can be even more conciliatory towards Hitler, that'll stop the Nazis!
---
#380ObsidusPosted 11/6/2012 10:55:25 PM
KillerTruffle posted...
I'll agree that the Republican race this time around could easily have been mistaken for a gathering of Clown College dropouts, but even then, I almost wonder what would have happened if Romney won. With Obama, we *know* we're pretty well screwed. Romney was a wild card - you never know what his position will be next week, so there was at least a possibility he might accidentally do something right. And there's solid evidence that Romney knows finance much better than Obama and could actually start on fixing the economy.

Oh well. Not gonna happen... we got the guy who's already proven he knows how to screw the country up.

I love how some people consistently and easily ignore over and over again, how even if Obama was a reincarnation of Lincoln, he'd still look like a turd to some degree with a Republican congress hamstringing him every step of the way. I remember reading the newspapers where Republicans actually were trying to reason that the country going into default wouldn't actually be that bad, and that it was worth it to stop the Democrats from getting their way. I mean seriously? Obama has been pretty mediocre at best, and I myself am an Independent, but I just love how everyone ignores this key fact. Congress these past couple of years have been copiously obstructionist and partisan; but NOPE, it's ALL Obama, he's just terribad.
---