This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why you should vote for Obama if you care at all about internet openness.

#41Mike_HD2(Topic Creator)Posted 11/5/2012 4:32:01 PM
"There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what. All right, there are 47 percent who are with him, who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe the government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you name it. That that's an entitlement. And the government should give it to them. And they will vote for this president no matter what.... These are people who pay no income tax. Forty-seven percent of Americans pay no income tax. So our message of low taxes doesn't connect. So he'll be out there talking about tax cuts for the rich. I mean, that's what they sell every four years. And so my job is not to worry about those people. I'll never convince them they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives."

Plopping this here takes the statement out of context, but thats okay I can play your game.

Romney was discussing why he is not trying to gain votes from 47% who are already Pro Obama supporters.

and he is right. People who feed off the government are not going to vote for him

His job, not to worry about them, is in context of gaining votes. Not ignoring them if he is president.

How on earth are all Obama supporters feeding of the government ?

Jesus Christ almighty. You support a moron and a liar.
#42Orestes417Posted 11/5/2012 4:34:14 PM(edited)
At the moment all he's doing with that statement is insulting the intelligence of pretty much anyone in the country with voting rights. Then again isn't the Republican party also the group who seems to think old men are better at defining what constitutes "actual" rape than women?
---
All your questions can be answered, if that is what you want. But once you learn your answers, you can never unlearn them
#43SemperFiAngelPosted 11/5/2012 4:32:48 PM
I don't much like the two party monopoly we have right now but to say something like this:

"Pretty much. I don't completely agree with either side, but I've already seen what Obama is doing and heard what his "plans" are, and felt Romney certainly can't do much worse. "

Kinda sad imo. From my understanding, most people voting for Romney are only doing it because "he can't do much worse". Which is ridiculous because back when Obama took office, unemployment was increasing at a fast pace, projected to increase about 10 percent. See where its at now. Still around the same 8 percent. Things may be progressing slowly, but it sure as hell saved us from a straight up failure.

And then you have Romney blasting Obama for not fixing the economy entirely in 4 years, and then goes on to say fixing the economy wouldn't be possible in his first year, but that his plan would take 8 to 10 years to take effect.

Yeah. If Romney doesn't flip he flops. Nothing more to say about that.
---
Youtube:
www.youtube.com/chrisrey3156
#44cody4783Posted 11/5/2012 4:34:17 PM
Heh, the "Blame Bush" crutch is still in use. Kinda funny, but mostly sad.

*munches popcorn*
---
PC: http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn233/cody4783/cody4783.jpg
#45OreoBoy206Posted 11/5/2012 4:35:19 PM
But Romney will spend all of our tax money on mass producing Navy ships because that's the most important thing to do for the military. Having less Navy ships now then we had in 1916 is ludicrous!
#46Dave_is_my_namePosted 11/5/2012 4:36:13 PM(edited)
Mike_HD2 posted...
"There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what. All right, there are 47 percent who are with him, who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe the government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you name it. That that's an entitlement. And the government should give it to them. And they will vote for this president no matter what.... These are people who pay no income tax. Forty-seven percent of Americans pay no income tax. So our message of low taxes doesn't connect. So he'll be out there talking about tax cuts for the rich. I mean, that's what they sell every four years. And so my job is not to worry about those people. I'll never convince them they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives."

Plopping this here takes the statement out of context, but thats okay I can play your game.

Romney was discussing why he is not trying to gain votes from 47% who are already Pro Obama supporters.

and he is right. People who feed off the government are not going to vote for him

His job, not to worry about them, is in context of gaining votes. Not ignoring them if he is president.

How on earth are all Obama supporters feeding of the government ?

Jesus Christ almighty. You support a moron and a liar.

It doesn't bother me if he over generalized at a fund raiser rally. At the heart of the issue I believe he is 100% correct.

There are way too many people in this country feeding off of others, and it needs to stop.
#47Orestes417Posted 11/5/2012 4:36:12 PM
cody4783 posted...

*munches popcorn*

Because clearly Bush isn't to blame for anything? Nope nothing that happened during his tenure was his fault. It was the one armed man! or maybe Jesus declared he should do it from his super secret Jesus phone
---
All your questions can be answered, if that is what you want. But once you learn your answers, you can never unlearn them
#48SemperFiAngelPosted 11/5/2012 4:37:16 PM
cody4783 posted...

*munches popcorn*

Not a crutch to say the economy was going to hell under Bush, because other than the private sector, it was.

That being said, I believe Bush was a decent President.
---
Youtube:
www.youtube.com/chrisrey3156
#49JonWood007Posted 11/5/2012 4:38:40 PM
All for Obama tomorrow.
---
Desktop: Phenom II X4 965 | 4 GB DDR3 | HD 5850 | 1 TB HD | W7 | 650W Antec | 1600x900
Laptop: A6 3400m | 4 GB DDR3 | HD 6520g | 500 GB HD | W7 | 1366x768
#50RSF1212Posted 11/5/2012 4:39:48 PM
Daz_man123 posted...
Vote for the rich guy. Simple

Which one? >.>