This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PC Gamers on Halo 4

#41Sc24lifePosted 11/6/2012 2:54:53 PM
wait...They're making another halo?
---
Karmic Dragon2003
"I personally am an investigator by day and I do volounteer firefighting in the evenings"
#42YOeastonYOPosted 11/6/2012 3:16:21 PM
2/10

Maybe next time.
#43BogePosted 11/6/2012 3:17:38 PM
I never cared a lick about Halo. PC gamers have had "Halo" forever in just about every first person shooter before it. Why it's so popular on consoles, I'll never know.
---
Punctuation goes a long way for comprehension.
#44GM_Posted 11/6/2012 3:24:54 PM
Quote:I never cared a lick about Halo. PC gamers have had "Halo" forever in just about every first person shooter before it. Why it's so popular on consoles, I'll never know.
@Boge

Because it did console FPS controls and multiplayer right. It was a huge improvement over Goldeneye 007 which was the first massively successful console FPS up until that point.

To my knowledge it was the only console FPS that let you LAN up to 12 players at the same time via multiple consoles and up to 16 in Halo 2 both online and offline. For PC gamers that's nothing new but it was a big achievement for consoles back then.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#45nIMr0D888Posted 11/6/2012 3:36:24 PM
cody4783 posted...
Heh the Trifecta of Console Trolls.

Amazing how topics like this can bring them all out and show their true colors...In that they have no actual thoughts of their own and just copy/quote whatever the last one said.

*Looks at gtx 680 inside case*

Yeah, no. I dont think so.
---
CAUTION: EXTREMELY HAZARDOUS SUBSTANCE
#46United_World(Topic Creator)Posted 11/6/2012 3:56:09 PM
DV8ingSources posted...
A lot of people hate on halo because it isn't available on PC but to be fair it is one of the best FPS series to date if not the best.

And to the poster who said there is more cutscenes than gameplay, you obviously have not played any of the games.

Heh the Trifecta of Console Trolls.

Well that doesn't sound very pleasant at all.
---
Give it to me, baby.
#47Erik212Posted 11/6/2012 4:03:01 PM
When did anyone with a PC have the notion that MS's only worthwhile console exclusive would be on PC? They made Halo 2 on PC fail to show that nobody cared, now they will never port the Halo games.

I'm a huge fan of the haloverse, but all I really do is read the books. I'll play Halo 4 at a friend's house sometime for the plot and then go back to the books.
---
Another idea I had was the spy/sniper being able to climb into the soldier's rocket launcher and be launched across the map, dealing more damage, but no splash.
#48GoldninjaPosted 11/6/2012 4:05:18 PM(edited)
Erik212 posted...
When did anyone with a PC have the notion that MS's only worthwhile console exclusive would be on PC? They made Halo 2 on PC fail to show that nobody cared, now they will never port the Halo games.

I'm a huge fan of the haloverse, but all I really do is read the books. I'll play Halo 4 at a friend's house sometime for the plot and then go back to the books.

People cared. They stopped caring by the time the game came, what, three years too late and was DX10 only right after Vista released.
---
You guys just took a dump on my soul - mastahjebus
#49kenio8187Posted 11/6/2012 4:07:21 PM

This. I love Halo as well (well, not Halo Reach). I would love for it to be on PC but at no point did I ever think it was coming to PC, anyone who thought it would isn't too smart. Only Halo 1 and 2 went onto PC, and they were both on the original xbox which is probably why MS made that decision. MAYBE when the new xbox comes out and Halo 3, ODST, Reach, and 4 are outdated, they will port them to PC.
---
http://i.imgur.com/X50mI.png http://i.imgur.com/ejKGK.gif
My newest vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j41D1I4emr8
#50petran78Posted 11/11/2012 3:53:47 AM
kenio8187 posted...

This. I love Halo as well (well, not Halo Reach). I would love for it to be on PC but at no point did I ever think it was coming to PC, anyone who thought it would isn't too smart. Only Halo 1 and 2 went onto PC, and they were both on the original xbox which is probably why MS made that decision. MAYBE when the new xbox comes out and Halo 3, ODST, Reach, and 4 are outdated, they will port them to PC.

they were afraid that if LAN parties took place on the PC version in net cafes, Xbox 360 sales would diminish greatly.

no one in their right mind would have played the PS2 version of COD over the PC version
---
Q.You want so see some other stuff? What Console? A.Console? Q.What platform? A.Uh, Moral Turpitude?
Q.PC it is, then.