This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If Halo 4 was a full fledged PC game, would you buy it?

#131Kerr AvonPosted 11/10/2012 11:44:43 AM
DarkZV2Beta posted...
Kerr Avon posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...
Poor Halo fanbrats, getting so worked up over their mediocre shooter.
Guess your console was pretty desolate back then.

Wow, a DarkZV2Beta post that's nothing but anti-console fanboysim. Didn't see that one coming...

What is ironic is that even though DarkZV2Beta has posted in this thread (and remember that DarkZV2Beta once claimed in all honesty that any framerate less than 120 fps is unplayable) he's still not the most ridiculous poster in the thread. It shows how bad KillerTruffle is that he's managed to look even more ridiculous than even the mighty DarkZV2Beta. I mean, if DarkZV2Beta was to serously attempt to troll a game he'd never played* then he'd spend a few minutes on Google to learn what was commonly criticised about the game and post the results claiming that they were the reasons he hated the game. KillerTruffle can't even manage that, he just claims to have played the Halo, citing it as generic when if he had played it he'd remember the two weapon carrying limit and rechargeable shield, which were pretty unusual at the time, and posting other rubbish that screams out that he's never played it.

I wish Gamefaqs moderators would do something about trolls.

* I'm not saying that DarkZV2Beta has or hasn't played Halo. Just that he at least tries to look like he knows what he's talking about, generally, even though it often fails spectacularly.

Oh look, Kerr Avon is making up random bull**** to try to justify his butthurt again.

I'm making it up, am I? Alright then, ask the moderators to prove that I'm lying. They must keep backups of the posts here, for legal reasons. So go on, complain to them about me, and ask them to check if you did indeed say that any fps less than 120 is unplayable. Tell them that if it turns out you didn't, then they can ban me. And if it turns out that you did say that, then they ban you, alright?

I'm willing to put it to the test, are you?

There's enough lying in this thread (KillerTruffle, for example), and I'm not going to be called a liar. You did say that, but if you insist that you don't, then complain to the mods. Go on.
---
"PCs don't catch viruses or malware. Stupid users do." - The Cranky Hermit.
For all things N64: http://z9.invisionfree.com/Nintendo_64_Forever/
#132Kerr AvonPosted 11/10/2012 11:57:36 AM
KillerTruffle posted...
One other thing - why the hell would I post the common complaints from Google rather than my own personal experience with the game?

I didn't say you would post common complaints from Google (please re-read what I wrote). And you can't post from your own personal experience from the game for the same reason that I can't post from my own personal experience of walking on the Moon.

You're obviously trying to intentionally set up arguments you can convince yourself you've won no matter what. If someone had just posted googled arguments as their own, you'd be crying about that instead.

Ya know? There are people out there who didn't care for C&C Generals, The Longest Journey, or Unreal Tournament. Know what else? That's ok with me. I don't even care *why* they don't like it. I'm not so unbalanced that I have this bizarre need for every single person out there to like the games I like. Hopefully you'll grow to that point at some time in your life too.

First of all, I'm not the immature one here (i don't have to resort to wrongly criticising a game I don't like, or claiming to have played a game I've so obviously never touched). Secondly, I don't need everyone to like what I like. But before you answer my previous question (what does Halo take from Half-Life and Unreal), let me ask you this. You say you don't care if people don't like something you do, say Unreal Tournament, right? But what if someone posted on here something like:

"Unreal Tournament is generic garbage. All of the sprites are 2D, you can't use the mouse to aim, the game was rubbish even when it came out, as lots other other games did everything it did so much better. There aren't even any bots in the game, and it copied everything from Half-Life anyway, such as the chainsaw and the brown imps that throw fireballs at you".

Now would you just ignore that, or would you pull the poster up, as I did you?
---
#133Kerr AvonPosted 11/10/2012 12:04:48 PM
Snuckie7 posted...

Wow your logic is f***ing stupid. Since when did a game have to be released before another to be better than it? I can say CoD4 is better than CoD 3 even though CoD 4 was released after. It just means CoD 3 is a worse game. Just think a little about the drivel you are spouting right now.

KillerTruffle said ". In the face of all those games that actually did something innovative and substantially different, by the time Halo came out, it was "just another shooter,", which was blatantly wrong but you supported him. Or are you now admitting that when Halo came out it was superior in the categories I named?

Yes or no? Go on, yes or no? If no, then name the games that were out when Halo came out that were better in the catagories I named.

Go on.
---
#134DarkZV2BetaPosted 11/10/2012 12:06:39 PM
Kerr Avon posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...
Kerr Avon posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...

Wow, a DarkZV2Beta post that's nothing but anti-console fanboysim. Didn't see that one coming...

What is ironic is that even though DarkZV2Beta has posted in this thread (and remember that DarkZV2Beta once claimed in all honesty that any framerate less than 120 fps is unplayable) he's still not the most ridiculous poster in the thread. It shows how bad KillerTruffle is that he's managed to look even more ridiculous than even the mighty DarkZV2Beta. I mean, if DarkZV2Beta was to serously attempt to troll a game he'd never played* then he'd spend a few minutes on Google to learn what was commonly criticised about the game and post the results claiming that they were the reasons he hated the game. KillerTruffle can't even manage that, he just claims to have played the Halo, citing it as generic when if he had played it he'd remember the two weapon carrying limit and rechargeable shield, which were pretty unusual at the time, and posting other rubbish that screams out that he's never played it.

* I'm not saying that DarkZV2Beta has or hasn't played Halo. Just that he at least tries to look like he knows what he's talking about, generally, even though it often fails spectacularly.

Oh look, Kerr Avon is making up random bull**** to try to justify his butthurt again.

I'm making it up, am I? Alright then, ask the moderators to prove that I'm lying. They must keep backups of the posts here, for legal reasons. So go on, complain to them about me, and ask them to check if you did indeed say that any fps less than 120 is unplayable. Tell them that if it turns out you didn't, then they can ban me. And if it turns out that you did say that, then they ban you, alright?

There's enough lying in this thread (KillerTruffle, for example), and I'm not going to be called a liar. You did say that, but if you insist that you don't, then complain to the mods. Go on.

Why would I invest that much effort in a habitual liar? Everyone knows you're full of ****.
Plus, even if I did contact the site mods, they'd most likely not respond, or respond with "not my job" or something similar. They are, after all, not here to babysit you.
---
AMD CACHING = NOT YET FINISHED
#135KillerTrufflePosted 11/10/2012 12:09:55 PM
lol This is one of the more bizarre arguments I've ever seen Kerr make. I know he tends to be pretty rabid defending his console games, but this is a weird one even for him.

Tell ya what. I'll see if I can track down my copy of Halo when I get home later and take a picture for ya. I know it won't shut you up, but it'll be entertaining to see what strange new argument you might come up with.

As for my statement about it drawing from Half-Life and Unreal, that was primarily regarding the fact that both were much more heavily story-centric, relying on a lot of set pieces throughout the game to advance it. Unreal in particular was a very advanced graphical game all about people interacting with aliens on another planet. Yes, I know the halo isn't actually a planet, so you can unclench on that one.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#136MacrossSpecialPosted 11/10/2012 12:17:19 PM
All the halo games are painfully mediocre.

I actually had some fun with the first one in 2003 with a bunch of good friends with a could machines lan'ed up, but they are definitely a snoozefest to play online with strangers.

Maybe if I had not been playing games my entire life I would be interested.
---
...Dude, you're a ****ing douche. Get off my god damn internets.
- RX7Infinitilll
#137Snuckie7Posted 11/10/2012 12:18:59 PM
Kerr Avon posted...
Snuckie7 posted...

Wow your logic is f***ing stupid. Since when did a game have to be released before another to be better than it? I can say CoD4 is better than CoD 3 even though CoD 4 was released after. It just means CoD 3 is a worse game. Just think a little about the drivel you are spouting right now.

KillerTruffle said ". In the face of all those games that actually did something innovative and substantially different, by the time Halo came out, it was "just another shooter,", which was blatantly wrong but you supported him.

So wait, did you automatically assume that I was making the exact same argument as KillerTruffle? That's right, you did.
---
#1381337toothbrushPosted 11/10/2012 12:32:10 PM(edited)
Time to bring out the classic Kerr Avon buttdevastation:
http://s9.zetaboards.com/Nintendo_64_Forever/topic/419724/1/

The guy is clearly a console FPS fanboy. No need to waste time arguing with his strong bias.
---
------------
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v85/hobo2/nowsaving-1.png
#139Kerr AvonPosted 11/10/2012 12:48:00 PM
DarkZV2Beta posted...
Kerr Avon posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...
Kerr Avon posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...

Why would I invest that much effort in a habitual liar? Everyone knows you're full of ****.
Plus, even if I did contact the site mods, they'd most likely not respond, or respond with "not my job" or something similar. They are, after all, not here to babysit you.

Coward. You know I'm right and you don't have the courage to admit it. And if it's 'that much effort' to post one message to a mod, then why do you post so much on these
forums? And I'm not a habitual liar, but go on, post proof.

Coward.
---
#140Kerr AvonPosted 11/10/2012 12:48:35 PM
1337toothbrush posted...
Time to bring out the classic Kerr Avon buttdevastation:
http://s9.zetaboards.com/Nintendo_64_Forever/topic/419724/1/

The guy is clearly a console FPS fanboy. No need to waste time arguing with his strong bias.

I'd forgotten about that, but now I remember, I remember you never did back up your claims with the names of the games that did what Perfect Dark did. Five years later, but go on, name those games. Or are you going to be like DarkZV2Beta and cowardly worm out of it?
---