This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If Halo 4 was a full fledged PC game, would you buy it?

#141Kerr AvonPosted 11/10/2012 11:50:05 AM
Snuckie7 posted...
Kerr Avon posted...
Snuckie7 posted...

Wow your logic is f***ing stupid. Since when did a game have to be released before another to be better than it? I can say CoD4 is better than CoD 3 even though CoD 4 was released after. It just means CoD 3 is a worse game. Just think a little about the drivel you are spouting right now.

KillerTruffle said ". In the face of all those games that actually did something innovative and substantially different, by the time Halo came out, it was "just another shooter,", which was blatantly wrong but you supported him.

So wait, did you automatically assume that I was making the exact same argument as KillerTruffle? That's right, you did.

Given that you were agreeing with him, it is fair to assume that you AGREE WITH HIM.

It's not rocket science. And yet again I ask you; do you agree that upon it's release, Halo was superior in the areas I mentioned to existing PC FPSs? If not, then please list the games that did it better?
---
"PCs don't catch viruses or malware. Stupid users do." - The Cranky Hermit.
For all things N64: http://z9.invisionfree.com/Nintendo_64_Forever/
#142Kerr AvonPosted 11/10/2012 11:57:36 AM
KillerTruffle posted...
lol This is one of the more bizarre arguments I've ever seen Kerr make. I know he tends to be pretty rabid defending his console games, but this is a weird one even for him.

Tell ya what. I'll see if I can track down my copy of Halo when I get home later and take a picture for ya. I know it won't shut you up, but it'll be entertaining to see what strange new argument you might come up with.

And how will that prove that you haven't just borrowed the game off someone for the photgraph, or that, even if you do own the game, you have played it. The fact is that your description of the game is so wide of reality that only an idiot would believe from you words that you had played it.

As for my statement about it drawing from Half-Life and Unreal, that was primarily regarding the fact that both were much more heavily story-centric, relying on a lot of set pieces throughout the game to advance it. Unreal in particular was a very advanced graphical game all about people interacting with aliens on another planet. Yes, I know the halo isn't actually a planet, so you can unclench on that one.

That's the best you can come up with after all this time? Granted there's not much to work with, given that Halo has nothing much in common with Unreal or Half-Life (as you'd know if you'd played Halo) but given half an hour on the 'net you could have found more in common than that. And Halo isn't too story led anyway, other than cutscenes, which don't even exist in Half-Life (or in Unreal, if I remember rightly). But to be fair you probably didn't even know that Halo had cutscenes, given how you've NEVER PLAYED IT. Half-Life's story is driven along by trigger points and characters who say interesting things to you in first person view preceding events. Not really a lot of that in Halo.

Not having much luck in the "I have played Hello, er, Halo or whatever it's called, honest" department, are you?
---
#143DarkZV2BetaPosted 11/10/2012 11:58:09 AM
Kerr Avon posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...
Kerr Avon posted...
I'm making it up, am I? Alright then, ask the moderators to prove that I'm lying. They must keep backups of the posts here, for legal reasons. So go on, complain to them about me, and ask them to check if you did indeed say that any fps less than 120 is unplayable. Tell them that if it turns out you didn't, then they can ban me. And if it turns out that you did say that, then they ban you, alright?

I'm willing to put it to the test, are you?

There's enough lying in this thread (KillerTruffle, for example), and I'm not going to be called a liar. You did say that, but if you insist that you don't, then complain to the mods. Go on.

Why would I invest that much effort in a habitual liar? Everyone knows you're full of ****.
Plus, even if I did contact the site mods, they'd most likely not respond, or respond with "not my job" or something similar. They are, after all, not here to babysit you.

Coward. You know I'm right and you don't have the courage to admit it. And if it's 'that much effort' to post one message to a mod, then why do you post so much on these
forums? And I'm not a habitual liar, but go on, post proof.

Coward.

Considering the amount of bull**** you spew on a regular basis?
And if it's so easy, you do it. You're the one so obsessed with it.
---
AMD CACHING = NOT YET FINISHED
#144Kerr AvonPosted 11/10/2012 12:19:08 PM
DV8ingSources posted...

Just take a step back. You are trying to change someones opinion of a game that they do not like.

No, I'm pulling people up who make false claims. It's not their opinions I dispute, it's people like KillerTruffle who so obviously hasn't played a game yet feels qualified to criticise it unfairly.

You can't just claim a person hasn't played it and call that your argument as to why they SHOULD like it. Also I did read all your posts, and everyone else's here. The post I called out was very vague and it wasn't the first time you took a shot at my opinion so its not too far off to assume it was also directed at me.

It wasn't vague at all, I even quoted the exact text I was replying to, and you weren't in my post at all. You clearly just skimmed through it without properly reading it. And having misunderstood that, you compound it by posting "Kerr thinks that everyones opinion should tip toe around every console game series that has had an exclusive", which is both untrue and uncalled for (and disproven by the evidence).

And yet again you misunderstand what you have (or haven't bothered to) read, by stating "You can't just claim a person hasn't played it and call that your argument as to why they SHOULD like it.". I have not done that. I have pulled KillerTruffle up as he clearly has not played the game, I have NOT (repeat NOT) "claimed" (as you say) that that's any reason he should like the game. He's not played a million games (that's true of us all) and some of them are utter rubbish, so the fact that he's not played any given game does not mean it's a good game, and I never claimed otherwise.
---
#145DV8ingSourcesPosted 11/10/2012 12:22:22 PM
Then what exactly are you arguing about? Even if killertruffle has NOT played the game (he says he has and I believe him), why does him disliking it bother you? He said its not the unique butterfly you seem to think it is. You ask for reasons, yet they are completely irrelevant. The game was boring to him and didn't impress him at all. Let it go.
---
2500k @ 4.2 | P8Z68-V Pro | H80 | 8GB | 670 | 256 ssd | 6Tb hdd | Win 7 64bit | ax1200w | BD burner | cm690II
Steam: DV8ing1
#146DarkZV2BetaPosted 11/10/2012 12:35:23 PM
That would require more rational thought than Kerr could muster.
---
AMD CACHING = NOT YET FINISHED
#147SteamsterPosted 11/10/2012 1:16:08 PM
No - I don't like Halo
#148Snuckie7Posted 11/10/2012 1:51:48 PM
Kerr Avon posted...
Snuckie7 posted...
Kerr Avon posted...
Snuckie7 posted...

Wow your logic is f***ing stupid. Since when did a game have to be released before another to be better than it? I can say CoD4 is better than CoD 3 even though CoD 4 was released after. It just means CoD 3 is a worse game. Just think a little about the drivel you are spouting right now.

KillerTruffle said ". In the face of all those games that actually did something innovative and substantially different, by the time Halo came out, it was "just another shooter,", which was blatantly wrong but you supported him.

So wait, did you automatically assume that I was making the exact same argument as KillerTruffle? That's right, you did.

Given that you were agreeing with him, it is fair to assume that you AGREE WITH HIM.

And where the hell did you get the idea I was agreeing with exactly what KillerTruffle was saying? Where in this entire topic did I even address his argument? Dark was right about you being full if s***, because you are just spewing it right now.
---
#149TheWayOfTheGunPosted 11/10/2012 2:08:39 PM
Halo is an awesome game and it's hilarious how dismissive PC only gamers are.

There is NO game in existence that has the craziness of Halo. The combat rhythm is as unique as it gets and makes games like Counterstrike, Battlefield, and COD look plain as ****.

I wish I could post videos of all the crazy kills I have gotten with sticky grenades, no-scope snipes, rockets, and the spartan laser from Halo 2 and 3. The fact that you can get jumped and put an inch away from death yet still have a chance to turn the tables and kill your attacker in spectacular fashion is why Halo rocks.

The only other multiplayer game that can hold a candle to it is Left4Dead and I won't lie, it plays much better on the PC. If Halo was PC it would also play better and 90% of the dicks in this thread would be playing the hell out of it.
#150spardasiegPosted 11/10/2012 2:19:30 PM
Yes looks much better then 3, didn't care for that one, liked the 2nd one best honestly.
---
My Photography and such: http://insidemyeyes.aminus3.com/ (I take pictures of unsuspecting people and inanimate objects for funsies mostly.)