This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If Halo 4 was a full fledged PC game, would you buy it?

#151naughtydog2kO3Posted 11/10/2012 2:23:26 PM
Halo is an awesome game and it's hilarious how dismissive PC only gamers are.

There is NO game in existence that has the craziness of Halo. The combat rhythm is as unique as it gets and makes games like Counterstrike, Battlefield, and COD look plain as ****.

I wish I could post videos of all the crazy kills I have gotten with sticky grenades, no-scope snipes, rockets, and the spartan laser from Halo 2 and 3. The fact that you can get jumped and put an inch away from death yet still have a chance to turn the tables and kill your attacker in spectacular fashion is why Halo rocks.

The only other multiplayer game that can hold a candle to it is Left4Dead and I won't lie, it plays much better on the PC. If Halo was PC it would also play better and 90% of the dicks in this thread would be playing the hell out of it.

Amen. These second rate citizens are just angry that a console gamer got a good game that scored a 9.8 that will stay exclusive on console only so anything that is a good game and stays exclusive on console is automatically a crappy game to PC gamers, they just say it to justify their crappy choice for gaming, so let them live in their crappy life of gaming while we are enjoying better games and hopefully Grand Theft Auto V will riled them up even more when it stays exclusive on consoles :)
---
XBL: naughtydog2k03
PSN: naughtydog2k03
#152TheWayOfTheGunPosted 11/10/2012 2:33:29 PM
^^^^

Well, you might be taking it a bit to far. I grew up on consoles since NES but I also was able to play iconic PC games like Duke Nukem, Wolfenstein, Doom, Descent, and the Lucas Arts adventure games when they came out on my Pops' PC.

I also will play multiplatform games on the PC because I am a graphics whore and enjoy mods.

The point is, anyone who picks a side is a tool. PC offers better graphics, mods, cheaper games, and better controls if you like using the KB/M but consoles offer the best exclusives hands down and the hardware is much cheaper and easier to use.

In summary, Halo is an awesome series.
#153EpicKingdom_Posted 11/10/2012 2:36:06 PM
Halo 3/4 would be epic on PC.
---
I agree but I don't agree on your multiple troll topics. Therefor I am neutral.
#154pred890Posted 11/10/2012 2:38:13 PM
Hell yeah.

I've only played Halo 1 and 2 since they were the only ones on PC. I would like to see the whole series released on PC.
#155KillerTrufflePosted 11/10/2012 2:46:24 PM
It's not their opinions I dispute

That's a very dismissive statement, and very wrong too. Halo got a lot right, such as a great selection of weapons, great levels, a good story, good AI, one of the few first person shooters where the included vehicles actually add to the enjoyment, lots of replayability, and good multiplayer.

Let's hear again how your statements about someone else's opinion isn't directly disputing their opinion and offering your own opinions as rebuttal? It'll be entertaining. In fact, I'm curious if you think there's so much as ONE bit of the second post above that you think is fact rather than opinion.

Right there, you just indicated he is dismissing the elements of the game that are, in your own opinion, good. Then you tell him his opinion is WRONG (it's not - it's his opinion). Then you carry on giving your own opinions on things in the game. You think the weapon selection is great. After UT's weapons, and especially Chaos UT, Halo's were nothing special at all to me. You think Halo had great levels, while I found them relatively dull and uninteresting - again, UT, AvP, and more had much more interesting layouts, great Z-fighting, etc. Your opinion was that the story was good. I found it fairly uninspired rehash - and in another post, you actually belittled the story yourself. You thought the AI was good, and while I obviously won't say it was bad (and never did), it didn't impress me. You felt the vehicles actually added to the enjoyment. I, quite obviously, did not. You thought it had good replayability - a LOT of people disagree there. Nothing changed on consecutive playthroughs, there were no unlocks at the end, no alternate endings - absolutely no incentive to play through a second time. You liked the multiplayer, while I felt there was absolutely nothing that stood out about it. My opinion - and that of others here - is that there was really nothing stand-out about the game. Everything about it provided a mediocre experience.

The number of people making stupid arguments that someone else's opinion of this or that is "wrong" has grown to ridiculous levels around here lately.

Also, lmao at the fact you actually believe I would go to the trouble of tracking down a FRIEND to borrow Halo from just to prove you wrong. Seriously? Is that something you'd do? Push so hard to make someone believe something that you'd actually leave your basement and brave the outside world to find a friend you could borrow a game from just to continue a lie? All my friends who have Xboxes have moved to other parts of the country now, so I don't even know anyone else around here who still has one. That's not even relevant tho - it's ****ing asinine how far you'll stretch an unbelievably ridiculous line of argument.

Honestly, I'm starting to think YOU haven't tried the other games we've brought up. I'm starting to seriously suspect that the extent of your knowledge about those games came from Google searches you've done, considering you're the one that actually came up with that idea.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#156DarkZV2BetaPosted 11/11/2012 1:08:36 AM
TheWayOfTheGun posted...
Halo is an awesome game and it's hilarious how dismissive PC only gamers are.

There is NO game in existence that has the craziness of Halo. The combat rhythm is as unique as it gets and makes games like Counterstrike, Battlefield, and COD look plain as ****.

I wish I could post videos of all the crazy kills I have gotten with sticky grenades, no-scope snipes, rockets, and the spartan laser from Halo 2 and 3. The fact that you can get jumped and put an inch away from death yet still have a chance to turn the tables and kill your attacker in spectacular fashion is why Halo rocks.

The only other multiplayer game that can hold a candle to it is Left4Dead and I won't lie, it plays much better on the PC. If Halo was PC it would also play better and 90% of the dicks in this thread would be playing the hell out of it.

You're joking, right?
Did you never play the Unreal games, or any classic shooter at all for that matter?
---
AMD CACHING = NOT YET FINISHED
#157iusefebrezePosted 11/11/2012 3:31:14 AM
Yeah probably. I enjoyed the first 3 why not enjoy the 4th.
---
The average anime character has 47 gallons of blood.
#158ThePonyColliePosted 11/11/2012 5:04:23 AM
No, because it will support that awful thing called GfWL.
---
"You better not change the game, and you better be DAMN sure you don't make it the same game every time!" - RE Fans
#159Kerr AvonPosted 11/11/2012 5:07:42 AM
spardasieg posted...
Yes looks much better then 3, didn't care for that one, liked the 2nd one best honestly.

3 was very good in parts, but I hated the organic sections, and it did at times seem like they went for levels that looked great rather than played great. But overall it was very good, though I do think that 1 and 2 are better than 3.
---
"PCs don't catch viruses or malware. Stupid users do." - The Cranky Hermit.
For all things N64: http://z9.invisionfree.com/Nintendo_64_Forever/
#160DarkZV2BetaPosted 11/11/2012 5:10:45 AM
It's kind of funny, everywhere I go, everyone says 1 or 2 is the best, but whenever I mention that I played and beat both of those games, everyone says that I'm just ignorant and don't know how awesome it is because 3 is the best...
---
AMD CACHING = NOT YET FINISHED