This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If Halo 4 was a full fledged PC game, would you buy it?

#161Kerr AvonPosted 11/11/2012 6:30:41 AM
DV8ingSources posted...
Then what exactly are you arguing about? Even if killertruffle has NOT played the game (he says he has and I believe him),

Well, given that you thought I was replying to you when I WAS CLEARLY REPLYING TO THE PERSON I QUOTED (which is actually the way things are done on the internet, it's done for clarity), and then you massively misunderstood (or didn't read properly) what else I wrote, you'll forgive me for not trusting your judgement, and instead going by the observable facts.

why does him disliking it bother you?

I've already explained this (but you either misunderstood or didn't bother to read it, which seems to be a habit of yours), but I'll spell it out again:

I DON'T MIND (OR CARE) THAT HE OR ANYONE ELSE DOESN'T LIKE HALO, BUT I DO OBJECT TO HIM LYING ABOUT A GAME HE'S SO OBVIOUSLY NEVER PLAYED.

He said its not the unique butterfly you seem to think it is. You ask for reasons, yet they are completely irrelevant. The game was boring to him and didn't impress him at all. Let it go.

I didn't say Halo was unique. In fact (as you'd know if you could actually understand what you read) I said "I doubt you'll like Halo 4's story if you don't like the originals, as it's basically more of the same, with new enemies. There's little change in the gameplay, either, which pleases Halo fans (we just want more of the same, only more so, as with most games we love), but won't make the game likeable to those who didn't like the earlier games in the series", clearly implying that the Halo series are all pretty alike.

Anyway, since you chose to involve yourself in this argument, DV8ingSources, let me ask you a question. Why do you persist in questioning me, yet you don't pull the others up on their repeated evasion of my simple questions? I want

- Snuckie7 to either admit that no PC game was superior to Halo in the catagories I name when it was released, or if he denies that, to name the games that were superior. Yet he won't, he just ignores my question and posts strawman arguments.

- KillerTruffle to explain what he means by "Halo appeared to draw heavily from Unreal and Half-Life in terms of SP gameplay", as I know that he can't (since Halo didn't).

- DarkZV2Beta to formally admit or deny that he claimed not so long agao that less than 120fps were unplayable, and if he denies it, then for him to complain to the mods that I havce slandered him here, and for them to check their records and if he's right (that he didn't say that) then they can ban me.

Even if I am trolling, as these three try to make out, then why don't they answer my questions? They are simple questions, and if I am a troll then their answers will be clear and will demolish my arguments. But they don't answer, BECAUSE THEY ARE IN THE WRONG, PURE AND SIMPLE.

None of them wish to answer the above, so they keep on posting abuse and strawmans (strawmen?), so if you personally want to see right prevail (which means, if I am trolling, that my arguments will be destroyed) then ask the above three to answer my simple questions. Please. Though I really doubt you'll have more success with them then I have.
---
"PCs don't catch viruses or malware. Stupid users do." - The Cranky Hermit.
For all things N64: http://z9.invisionfree.com/Nintendo_64_Forever/
#162DarkZV2BetaPosted 11/11/2012 6:33:29 AM
I never said you were trolling. You're not bright enough for that. I just said you're full of ****, which you've repeatedly proven.
---
AMD CACHING = NOT YET FINISHED
#163Kerr AvonPosted 11/11/2012 6:33:39 AM
Snuckie7 posted...

And where the hell did you get the idea I was agreeing with exactly what KillerTruffle was saying? Where in this entire topic did I even address his argument? Dark was right about you being full if s***, because you are just spewing it right now.

You said "No he's pretty spot on. All the things you listed Halo does decently, but there are other games that do the same things better. Therefore, jack of all trades, master of none."

That is agreeing with him. How can even you say now that you didn't mean literally what you said in that post.

Saying "No he's pretty spot on" is agreeing with him. What else could you possibly have meant?

And you say I'm full of ****
---
#164InterfusorPosted 11/11/2012 6:34:53 AM
I wouldn't buy it on day one but eventually. I like all kinds of shooters.
---
I am not economically viable.
#165Kerr AvonPosted 11/11/2012 6:41:02 AM
DarkZV2Beta posted...
TheWayOfTheGun posted...
Halo is an awesome game and it's hilarious how dismissive PC only gamers are.

There is NO game in existence that has the craziness of Halo. The combat rhythm is as unique as it gets and makes games like Counterstrike, Battlefield, and COD look plain as ****.

I wish I could post videos of all the crazy kills I have gotten with sticky grenades, no-scope snipes, rockets, and the spartan laser from Halo 2 and 3. The fact that you can get jumped and put an inch away from death yet still have a chance to turn the tables and kill your attacker in spectacular fashion is why Halo rocks.

The only other multiplayer game that can hold a candle to it is Left4Dead and I won't lie, it plays much better on the PC. If Halo was PC it would also play better and 90% of the dicks in this thread would be playing the hell out of it.

You're joking, right?
Did you never play the Unreal games, or any classic shooter at all for that matter?

I have, but they play slightly differently from Halo, as most shooters differ from one another, and the Halo games do what they do

BTW, instead of making your post, you could have complained about me, then gone back to make the above post (or whatever else you choose), and meanwhile the mods could have checked up whether or not you did say that less than 120fps was unplayable, then they found out that you didn't, they could have said so, and banned me.

But you didn't. You won't complain about me insisting you said the 120fps thing, even though according to your logic it would result in me getting banned and Gamefaqs having one less troll. You'd actually be performing a public service by reporting me, but you don't.

Wonder why....
---
#166DarkZV2BetaPosted 11/11/2012 6:45:34 AM(edited)
And instead of making your post, you could have done it, since you're the one obsessing about it.
Come to think of it, judging by how far you have your head up your ass about everything, are you this guy?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-uTnqYHZ-I
That would make so much sense. Would explain everything, really. There's just no way you're serious.
---
#167Kerr AvonPosted 11/11/2012 6:54:21 AM
KillerTruffle posted...
It's not their opinions I dispute

That's a very dismissive statement, and very wrong too. Halo got a lot right, such as a great selection of weapons, great levels, a good story, good AI, one of the few first person shooters where the included vehicles actually add to the enjoyment, lots of replayability, and good multiplayer.

Let's hear again how your statements about someone else's opinion isn't directly disputing their opinion and offering your own opinions as rebuttal? It'll be entertaining. In fact, I'm curious if you think there's so much as ONE bit of the second post above that you think is fact rather than opinion.

OK, how about good AI? The AI in Halo flanks not only you, but other enemies too. It allows characters from all sides to mount and use turrets, vehicles, and a variety of weapons. I have NEVER seen a character in Halo get trapped by a door or an item of scenery, or jerk back and forward because their navigation routines are confused.

That is good AI. That's not an opinion, it's a fact.

Honestly, I'm starting to think YOU haven't tried the other games we've brought up. I'm starting to seriously suspect that the extent of your knowledge about those games came from Google searches you've done, considering you're the one that actually came up with that idea.

If I were the sort of person who claimed to have played games that he's not, then I would not have said, in this very thread "OK, admittedly I've never played that [Codename: Eagle]", " I can't comment on Hidden and Dangrous (never having played it", and "None of the games you've mentioned, that I've played (all apart from Wheel of Time, and Tribes 2", would I?

IN THIS VERY THREAD, I MENTION THAT SINCE I'VE NOT PLAYED FOUR GAMES THEN I CAN'T COMMENT ON THEM, and yet you are so staggeringly lacking in intelligence that in an effort to divert from your own lying over not having played Halo, you try to make out that I'm the person who lies about having played games.
---
#168Kerr AvonPosted 11/11/2012 7:09:45 AM
DarkZV2Beta posted...
And instead of making your post, you could have done it, since you're the one obsessing about it.

Ordinarily I wouldn't complain about someone to a mod, especially someones who's drivel is so easy to demolish, but given the **** I've had to read in this thread I am tempted to do so, only (as I imagine you realize quite well), I'm far less likely to get a response from a mod than you are - I would just be asking for confirmation of something I know you posted, whereas if you contact the mods then you are in effect (from the point of view of your claim) reporting libel, and they'd be far more inclined to look into a matter of libel than just to settle an argument (which is what it amounts to if I contact them).

So go on. Spare two minutes to contact them. But you won't, because you know I'm right.

Come to think of it, judging by how far you have your head up your ass about everything, are you this guy?
That would make so much sense. Would explain everything, really. There's just no way you're serious.

Well I clicked on that, hoping it was at least funny (a sense of humour wouldn't make you any less of a troll, but I'd have liked the video to be funny) but I sat through about a minute and it didn't make me laugh.

Have you reported me yet?
---
#169DV8ingSourcesPosted 11/11/2012 7:34:01 AM
BUT I DO OBJECT TO HIM LYING ABOUT A GAME HE'S SO OBVIOUSLY NEVER PLAYED.

Give it up. He said he played it. I agree with his criticisms. Its you that needs to realize that the game isn't as great as you're propping it up to be. Is your only reason for thinking he DIDN'T play because he called it 'nothing special'? None of his points were factually wrong and more or less were just matters of opinion. You then go on to call him a liar... You are clearly in the wrong

I imagine you'd seen it being played once, and that was all you remembered about it.

You have absolutely 0 proof that this was the case.
You are attacking everyone in this thread that has disliked Halo for no logical reason.

You're right, Halo wasn't the perfect game, it didn't have the BEST AI, the BEST vehicle gameplay, the BEST teamplay, but it sure as hell had good, if not great EVERYTHING. Anything you could want in an FPS at the time, Halo had it. Where was Half-Life multiplayer? Where was Tribes, Team Fortress, AvP, Counter-Strike singleplayer?

At the time, no game had that kind of package.

What you call 'good' and 'great' is merely 'meh' in most of our eyes. Having both MP and SP wasn't the huge boon you think it is. I also much preferred goldeney and perfect dark in that regard. Even now, many people want BF/COD games to focus on the mp rather than waste time on the singleplayer. At the time I could get a better experience playing half life for SP and AVP mp rather than the watered down campaign and decent mp halo had.

- Snuckie7 to either admit that no PC game was superior to Halo in the catagories I name when it was released, or if he denies that, to name the games that were superior. Yet he won't, he just ignores my question and posts strawman arguments.

Why would he go through the trouble of all that for your curiosity? He doesn't like the game, he needs no other reason to back up that opinion. Also no pc game was superior to Halo in what? AI? Having played games like swat, fear, and yes even half life, I disagree completely. Halo ai is nothing special and becomes much simpler when you realize its large open areas, and linear very boxy environments. There are no detailed objects an 'ai' can get stuck on. Its not even remotely impressive to me. I've never been 'flanked' in halo but I sure have in Fear.

- KillerTruffle to explain what he means by "Halo appeared to draw heavily from Unreal and Half-Life in terms of SP gameplay", as I know that he can't (since Halo didn't).

Again, purely opinion. I won't speak for him, but maybe he was just referring to the gunplay, or the addition of 'aliens' as enemies. There are quite a few parallels a person can find if you were to only look.

- DarkZV2Beta to formally admit or deny that he claimed not so long ago that less than 120fps were unplayable, and if he denies it, then for him to complain to the mods that I havce slandered him here, and for them to check their records and if he's right (that he didn't say that) then they can ban me.

What is this petty crap? Even if he did say so, I very much doubt he was eating the crud coming out of his mouth (hands?). This is completely off topic and has 0 relevance to the discussion. You trying to slander his character so his opinion bears less weight? What are you 5? Grow up Kerr and move on.

Halo was 'meh' and I would not be upset if it hadn't existed. All my opinion of course but go ahead and call that 'wrong' again. You're only making yourself look more the fool.
---
Intel i7 860 OC'd @ 3.4 ghz, 8 gigs ddr3 1600, Nvidia GTX 460 1 gb, 60gb Vertex2 ssd, Win 7 64bit, 2 500gb raid 0 hdds at 7200 rpm, Blu-ray burner
#170DarkZV2BetaPosted 11/11/2012 8:26:42 AM
Kerr Avon posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...

Ordinarily I wouldn't complain about someone to a mod, especially someones who's drivel is so easy to demolish, but given the **** I've had to read in this thread I am tempted to do so, only (as I imagine you realize quite well), I'm far less likely to get a response from a mod than you are - I would just be asking for confirmation of something I know you posted, whereas if you contact the mods then you are in effect (from the point of view of your claim) reporting libel, and they'd be far more inclined to look into a matter of libel than just to settle an argument (which is what it amounts to if I contact them).

So go on. Spare two minutes to contact them. But you won't, because you know I'm right.

Well I clicked on that, hoping it was at least funny (a sense of humour wouldn't make you any less of a troll, but I'd have liked the video to be funny) but I sat through about a minute and it didn't make me laugh.

Have you reported me yet?

Again, why would I bother? This is your obsession, not mine. And I would wager that mods give all of two ****s that you're spewing bull****, too. After all, it makes for good entertainment.
---