This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If Halo 4 was a full fledged PC game, would you buy it?

#171Kerr AvonPosted 11/11/2012 8:59:56 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#172Kerr AvonPosted 11/11/2012 9:02:04 AM
You're right, Halo wasn't the perfect game, it didn't have the BEST AI, the BEST vehicle gameplay, the BEST teamplay, but it sure as hell had good, if not great EVERYTHING. Anything you could want in an FPS at the time, Halo had it. Where was Half-Life multiplayer? Where was Tribes, Team Fortress, AvP, Counter-Strike singleplayer?

At the time, no game had that kind of package.

What you call 'good' and 'great' is merely 'meh' in most of our eyes. Having both MP and SP wasn't the huge boon you think it is. I also much preferred goldeney and perfect dark in that regard. Even now, many people want BF/COD games to focus on the mp rather than waste time on the singleplayer. At the time I could get a better experience playing half life for SP and AVP mp rather than the watered down campaign and decent mp halo had.

The campaign was in no way watered down, but you wouldn't be you if you stuck to the truth, would you?

- Snuckie7 to either admit that no PC game was superior to Halo in the catagories I name when it was released, or if he denies that, to name the games that were superior. Yet he won't, he just ignores my question and posts strawman arguments.

Why would he go through the trouble of all that for your curiosity? He doesn't like the game, he needs no other reason to back up that opinion. Also no pc game was superior to Halo in what? AI? Having played games like swat, fear, and yes even half life, I disagree completely. Halo ai is nothing special and becomes much simpler when you realize its large open areas, and linear very boxy environments. There are no detailed objects an 'ai' can get stuck on. Its not even remotely impressive to me. I've never been 'flanked' in halo but I sure have in Fear.

He said something, and I'm asking him to back it up with proof. It's not unreasonable for me to do so.

And FEAR came later than Halo. You'd understand why this was important if you'd understood things that were said in this thread...
---
"PCs don't catch viruses or malware. Stupid users do." - The Cranky Hermit.
For all things N64: http://z9.invisionfree.com/Nintendo_64_Forever/
#173Kerr AvonPosted 11/11/2012 9:02:23 AM
- KillerTruffle to explain what he means by "Halo appeared to draw heavily from Unreal and Half-Life in terms of SP gameplay", as I know that he can't (since Halo didn't).

Again, purely opinion. I won't speak for him, but maybe he was just referring to the gunplay, or the addition of 'aliens' as enemies. There are quite a few parallels a person can find if you were to only look.

Why not actually ask him to justify his words? You would if you were bothered about fair play and clarity. But you've already proven that right and wrong are interchangeable for you. And I thought you might like to get things clarified...

- DarkZV2Beta to formally admit or deny that he claimed not so long ago that less than 120fps were unplayable, and if he denies it, then for him to complain to the mods that I havce slandered him here, and for them to check their records and if he's right (that he didn't say that) then they can ban me.

What is this petty crap? Even if he did say so, I very much doubt he was eating the crud coming out of his mouth (hands?). This is completely off topic and has 0 relevance to the discussion. You trying to slander his character so his opinion bears less weight? What are you 5? Grow up Kerr and move on.

I'm trying to get him to admit to something he said. If you had regard for the truth (which, admittedly, you've shown yourself utterly indifferent to) then you'd care too.

Halo was 'meh' and I would not be upset if it hadn't existed. All my opinion of course but go ahead and call that 'wrong' again. You're only making yourself look more the fool.

If that were true, which it isn't (seems to be a constant theme of your posts, untruthfulness, doesn't it?) at least I have room to look more the fool. You, on the other hand, could be used in a dictionary to define the word.
---
#174DV8ingSourcesPosted 11/11/2012 9:47:37 AM(edited)
All my opinion of course

If that were true, which it isn't

Facepalm

Edit: You are right about FEAR though. I apologize. Also when I said you were attacking everyone, it was hyperbole.
---
2500k @ 4.2 | P8Z68-V Pro | H80 | 8GB | 670 | 256 ssd | 6Tb hdd | Win 7 64bit | ax1200w | BD burner | cm690II
Steam: DV8ing1
#175Kerr AvonPosted 11/11/2012 9:10:02 AM
DV8ingSources posted...
All my opinion of course

If that were true, which it isn't

Facepalm

Ah, no admitting that you were wrong (even when presented with the clearest proof), or any signs of regret over unjustly making a fellow human being out to be vindictive and irational.

Why am I not surprised...
---
#176Kerr AvonPosted 11/11/2012 9:31:38 AM
I'm not bothering posting in this thread anymore, as KillerTruffle, Snuckie7, DV8ingSources, and DarkZV2Beta are clearly determined to not answer the very simple questions I've asked of them, since they know that the answers to those questions will only show them up for what they really are.

How I again wish the mods at Gamefaqs were more like the mods on some other sites, and would warn and ban trolls. Gamefaqs would be so much better sans people like KillerTruffle, Snuckie7, and DarkZV2Beta, but it's not likely to happen.
---
#177MacadamianNut3Posted 11/11/2012 9:42:06 AM
Of course I would buy it
---
XBL/Steam: Barinade88 | Origin: Barinade | Roll Tide & Go Irish
http://i48.tinypic.com/2zps32s.gif http://i46.tinypic.com/2w33ogi.gif
#178a_Wizards_BakerPosted 11/11/2012 9:46:00 AM
I might.

I've never played a Halo game, but if it was cheap I would be inclined to check it out.
---
Live & Steam ID: theWizardsBaker
#179GuanedOnYouPosted 11/11/2012 11:04:30 AM(edited)
Of course I'd buy it. I didn't read through the thread, but I'm guessing that it's full of angry babies whining about the angry babies that they think play Halo.

Of course a yes or no poll would result in a 170+ post thread. Never change, PC board.
#180Snuckie7Posted 11/11/2012 11:27:56 AM
Kerr Avon posted...
Snuckie7 posted...
And where the hell did you get the idea I was agreeing with exactly what KillerTruffle was saying? Where in this entire topic did I even address his argument? Dark was right about you being full if s***, because you are just spewing it right now.

You said "No he's pretty spot on. All the things you listed Halo does decently, but there are other games that do the same things better. Therefore, jack of all trades, master of none."

That is agreeing with him. How can even you say now that you didn't mean literally what you said in that post.

Saying "No he's pretty spot on" is agreeing with him. What else could you possibly have meant?

And you say I'm full of ****

And hmm, lets see who I was actually agreeing with.

Snuckie7 posted...
Kerr Avon posted...
DV8ingSources posted...
I think my feelings on the matter stem from this fact. It did nothing amazingly well... Jack of all trades and master of none. Meh.

That's a very dismissive statement, and very wrong too. Halo got a lot right, such as a great selection of weapons, great levels, a good story, good AI, one of the few first person shooters where the included vehicles actually add to the enjoyment, lots of replayability, and good multiplayer.

No he's pretty spot on. All the things you listed Halo does decently, but there are other games that do the same things better. Therefore, jack of all trades, master of none.

I cannot believe I'm actually arguing with somebody who can't read.
---