This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If Halo 4 was a full fledged PC game, would you buy it?

#21MortalDangerPosted 11/8/2012 2:33:13 PM
The Halo series is a fantastic series. Those who disagree are like kids in highschool. Maybe you don't like it personally, but it is a great series.

I've probably played them in all in some way or another. Never been that great so it hasn't been a staple in my library. BUT, when you have 3 good friends that play, it's a blast. I'll only get it if my brother & friends pick it up. They don't have gaming PCs, so I always buy Multiplayer stuff on 360.
---
God Bless America.
#22cody4783Posted 11/8/2012 2:34:18 PM
Eh..no.

Series just isn't that interesting to me.
---
PC: http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn233/cody4783/cody4783.jpg
#23GM_Posted 11/8/2012 2:36:27 PM
Quote:The Halo series is a fantastic series. Those who disagree are like kids in highschool. Maybe you don't like it personally, but it is a great series.

I've probably played them in all in some way or another. Never been that great so it hasn't been a staple in my library. BUT, when you have 3 good friends that play, it's a blast. I'll only get it if my brother & friends pick it up. They don't have gaming PCs, so I always buy Multiplayer stuff on 360.

@MortalDanger

Halo was fun when I was in HS but now that I'm an adult with a job and I have a gaming PC to entertain myself with I can see the severe limitations of the game itself. The FOV is awful, the MP is small due to so few players being on each server, the controls are too constrictive due to being based off of a control scheme and DLC packs are terrible no matter what.

There are simply better games to be played these days if you're a PC gamer.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#24KillerTrufflePosted 11/8/2012 2:42:14 PM
I played Halo 2 the most, with friends. I never really cared for the SP gameplay, and I only played it with friends because we could get 3 or 4 of us together in the same room (not all of them had gaming computers) to play. As a game, it really was never that great - I've always preferred the UT series. My opinion of Halo on PC was pretty poor overall when it came out, and my opinion of the series has never improved. I put a whole lot of hours into playing multiplayer Halo 2 with up to 16 people, and I played Halo 1 and 2 campaigns, so I have plenty of experience with the series. It's entirely unimpressive from my experience as a PC gamer and the hordes of FPS I had already played on PC even before Halo 1 came out. It was one of the best FPS on consoles, but seriously, that's not saying much.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#25kbe2k2Posted 11/8/2012 2:43:20 PM
cody4783 posted...
Eh..no.

Series just isn't that interesting to me.
#26CatToyPosted 11/8/2012 2:43:47 PM
Yes, I enjoy the series and keep up with it on my 360 (after sales). But I would shell out full price for a PC release just to play co-op with a PC only friend of mine.
---
Duba Dubababa Ba Da! Dub?
http://whatpulse.org/stats/users/338862/
#27arleasPosted 11/8/2012 2:45:05 PM
I like FPS games, but being Halo it would likely be dumbed down for consoles even if they gave all the familiar options... Now if they made Halo 4 with the capability to be modded and an interesting mod came out, I might want it then... but not for the base game.
---
http://raptr.com/badge/dc821beb3ce7e522d4d6721ba24c11e0/fs.png
http://i.imgur.com/KDYNR.jpg
#28JonWood007Posted 11/8/2012 2:47:08 PM(edited)
Given it was a high quality port (ie, better than Halo 2), yes, yes I would.

Although then again, given their DLC setup, I might wait for a GOTY edition similar to ODST.
---
Desktop: Phenom II X4 965 | 4 GB DDR3 | HD 5850 | 1 TB HD | W7 | 650W Antec | 1600x900
Laptop: A6 3400m | 4 GB DDR3 | HD 6520g | 500 GB HD | W7 | 1366x768
#29Zohar_MetatronPosted 11/8/2012 2:53:06 PM
Would probably do the same thing with it on PC I do with the series (and indeed most FPS titles) already: Wait for it to drop sub-$10, play through the campaign once, then move on.
---
Who took the bomp from the bompalompalomp?
#30MortalDangerPosted 11/8/2012 2:54:02 PM
GM_ posted...
Quote:The Halo series is a fantastic series. Those who disagree are like kids in highschool. Maybe you don't like it personally, but it is a great series.

@MortalDanger

Halo was fun when I was in HS but now that I'm an adult with a job and I have a gaming PC to entertain myself with I can see the severe limitations of the game itself. The FOV is awful, the MP is small due to so few players being on each server, the controls are too constrictive due to being based off of a control scheme and DLC packs are terrible no matter what.

There are simply better games to be played these days if you're a PC gamer.

Well, yea, that's just not your style of gaming anymore. That's not to say it's a bad series, however.
---
God Bless America.