This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If Halo 4 was a full fledged PC game, would you buy it?

#31GM_Posted 11/8/2012 1:57:53 PM
Quote:GM_ posted...
Quote:The Halo series is a fantastic series. Those who disagree are like kids in highschool. Maybe you don't like it personally, but it is a great series.

I've probably played them in all in some way or another. Never been that great so it hasn't been a staple in my library. BUT, when you have 3 good friends that play, it's a blast. I'll only get it if my brother & friends pick it up. They don't have gaming PCs, so I always buy Multiplayer stuff on 360.
@MortalDanger

Halo was fun when I was in HS but now that I'm an adult with a job and I have a gaming PC to entertain myself with I can see the severe limitations of the game itself. The FOV is awful, the MP is small due to so few players being on each server, the controls are too constrictive due to being based off of a control scheme and DLC packs are terrible no matter what.

There are simply better games to be played these days if you're a PC gamer.

Well, yea, that's just not your style of gaming anymore. That's not to say it's a bad series, however.

@MortalDanger

I never said it was a bad series. If I were asked to play it at a friend house I would but it's not a game I really see myself going nuts over.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#32maybecallsPosted 11/8/2012 2:01:58 PM
No.

I have played the first Halo on PC, and Halo 3 on 360. Didn't like either of them.
#33KillerTrufflePosted 11/8/2012 2:03:52 PM
Well, yea, that's just not your style of gaming anymore. That's not to say it's a bad series, however.

Well, your opinion is that it's great, and a lot of other opinions are that it's not. Both are valid. Compared with other FPS titles on consoles, Halo is indeed a great series. However, when you compare it with titles PC gamers have been used to and played for ages, it's at best nothing special, and at worst, generic, formulaic, and tired. Yes, I know we have plenty of generic, formulaic shooters on PC too, but that's irrelevant.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#34CyhortI82Posted 11/8/2012 3:18:48 PM
No, I already bought it on the 360, why would I buy it again?
---
TheTygerfire is the love of my life.
I believe in the Straight Edge Savior and the Mizziah I love DLC :)
#35BuburibonPosted 11/8/2012 3:20:45 PM
Yes, I would get rid of the 360 version and buy it again on PC.
---
PSN: buburibon *** XBL: latteribon
i7 3770K @ 4.3Ghz | 16GB DDR3 2400 | EVGA GTX 690
#36Devil_wings00Posted 11/8/2012 3:23:09 PM
If it was on sale I would but I generally don't buy any game at full price on PC since most go on 50-75% off sale within months of release (days in some cases got sleeping dogs 50% a day after release). I played and loved halo 2 back in the day so for the right price if Halo 4 came to PC I'd give it a shot.
---
3570k @ 4.6, GTX 580 @ 980/2106, ASUS Sabertooth z77, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHZ, 2 Mushkin Chronos in raid0, 1TB WD black.
#37AnatomyHorrorPosted 11/8/2012 3:25:48 PM
nIMr0D888 posted...
Id be happy with a straight port.

Straight port would mean 30 fps right? You'd be happy with that?

Anyways, I voted no, I don't really have any interest in the series.
---
we're done
#38iammaxhailmePosted 11/8/2012 3:27:26 PM
Probably. I had lots of fun with Halo 1 and 2, although they've gotten pretty bad since then.

I haven't bought the last two, but I played other people's copies. I may start buying them again if they come to PC.
---
Best weapon combo in tf2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oUWPbS4450&feature=channel_video_title
http://www.last.fm/user/iammax
#39__starsnostarsPosted 11/8/2012 3:45:31 PM
It's not something I would ever pay full price for but I would probably pick it up a year or two down the road after it's been discounted and on sale.
---
That's our bones in the dust shining like the sun
We were golden We were golden We were golden
#40ein311Posted 11/8/2012 3:45:42 PM
I've been contemplating buying a(nother) 360 for this and Forza... so if it was on PC I'd buy it.

I liked Halo Reach.
---
bleep blorp