This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If Halo 4 was a full fledged PC game, would you buy it?

#71MortalDangerPosted 11/8/2012 8:29:33 PM
KillerTruffle posted...
Well, yea, that's just not your style of gaming anymore. That's not to say it's a bad series, however.

Well, your opinion is that it's great, and a lot of other opinions are that it's not. Both are valid. Compared with other FPS titles on consoles, Halo is indeed a great series. However, when you compare it with titles PC gamers have been used to and played for ages, it's at best nothing special, and at worst, generic, formulaic, and tired. Yes, I know we have plenty of generic, formulaic shooters on PC too, but that's irrelevant.

I don't think you know exactly what you're arguing there. ;)
---
God Bless America.
#72Iskander72Posted 11/9/2012 9:33:51 AM
No. Halo has always been a below average fps. At least COD was good back in the day. Halo never was.
#73DarkZV2BetaPosted 11/9/2012 9:36:06 AM
Nope.
If they brought the entire series over, I might pay $5 for it for novelty sake, but I don't have any interest in actually playing any of those games.
---
AMD CACHING = NOT YET FINISHED
#74UnderwaterAirPosted 11/9/2012 10:46:11 AM
More crappy FPS pvp games? No thanks.
---
http://oi41.tinypic.com/9ht4ea.jpg
No matter which way you slice it you'll both be ending up in Hell!
#75sonicteam2k1Posted 11/9/2012 11:16:52 AM
yep
---
See The Game Collection
http://www.gamespot.com/users/nights_team2k7/games_table?mode=own
#76machetemanPosted 11/9/2012 11:24:23 AM
Why not? Outside of Halo 4's multiplayer becoming a CoD clone, the series has been a very strong one that hasn't strayed that far from the original (unlike CoD).

While I understand a lot of people wouldn't be interested in the whole sci-fi shooter theme, anybody saying they wouldn't want the game at least accessible on PC....youre just salty.
#77TheWayOfTheGunPosted 11/9/2012 11:31:12 AM
Lol at the responses, PC only gamers are such tools.

I swear, it's impossible for me to take any gamer seriously that doesn't own a PC and at least on console. That's the only way to have an objective outlook on the gaming industry.

Halo 1, 2, 3, and 4 are awesome games and blow most PC shooter out of the water. If it was on the PC it could be even better.
#78KalirionPosted 11/9/2012 11:45:23 AM
I'd buy it on a Steam sale for $5 to see what all the fuss was about.
---
Don't be scared of nightmares; make them be scared of you.
#79XjphPosted 11/9/2012 11:51:11 AM
Every now and then I think to myself "hey, maybe I'll check out a halo game and see what the fuss is about." Then I rediscover that the full series isn't available for PC and immediately stop caring.
---
http://highpressure.xjph.net/ - Too Much Steam In Too Little Space
Playing all my Steam games, at long last.
#80KillerTrufflePosted 11/9/2012 11:54:40 AM
Lol at the responses, PC only gamers are such tools.

I swear, it's impossible for me to take any gamer seriously that doesn't own a PC and at least on console. That's the only way to have an objective outlook on the gaming industry.

Halo 1, 2, 3, and 4 are awesome games and blow most PC shooter out of the water. If it was on the PC it could be even better.

Did you somehow get the misunderstanding that most of us don't own or play consoles? I have an Xbox, PS3, and Wii, and I do play them. That doesn't change the fact that Halo was a very weak FPS offering compared to a whole lot of PC shooters. It was strong in the console market, but the console market has always been weak in terms of shooters. Again, I play consoles fairly frequently, so I'm no stranger to what they can do. I'd bet at least a good 3/4 of the people here own at least one console if not more. So your insult falls a little bit flat. :)
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23