This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Should I upgrade from a P8P67 to a P8V77-V for 130$

#1Kano92Posted 11/9/2012 4:02:21 PM
What I was thinking of doing is upgrading to the P8V77-V and also upgrading from 4GB to 8 GB of ram. These are the only two upgrades I'm interrested in doing. What promted this that a guy from work will buy my current board and ram on it for 100$.

P8V77-V 190$ ram 40$ total 230$. But I'm getting 100$ for my old stuff which I'll put towards the new stuff. So my out of pocket expense would be 130$. So is it worth it ? I'm not thrilled taking my board out and cpu cooler out and having to install on another board. Plus I have to do a fresh OS install, not really fun.

Would you guys do this upgrade ?

P.S. You know whats funny though alot of you guys I've read before when someone asks the same question should I upgrade my board, the answer is often no not worth it don't do it. But if you check their pc details they have the latest board. I'm wondering on how many of these guys had either the P67 or the Z68 boards before. I'm not picking on anybody specify just saying.
---
Dust collecting Wii's sold more consoles but don't mean nothing,
Play any Skyrim,COD,GOW,SF4,MK,GT5,FORZA,MassEf,Gears,DarkS,BF3,RE5,Portal..No didn't think so
#2EciDemonPosted 11/9/2012 4:11:00 PM
you do get some more features such as fan expert 2 which I would really want but feel is not enough of an upgrade to warrant upgrade for my self and I already have a 6 channel fan controller.

you also get access to the built in gpu on the cpu, and I think with that lucid software you can use it for transcoding etc while still using a discrete graphics card.

The differences isn't big, great stuff if your buying new and not upgrading but is it really worth upgrading? im leaning towards no but it's your call.
---
| GTX 560Ti SLI | i7 2600K @4.6Ghz |
| Asus P8Z68-V/GEN3 | 8GB DDR3 1600 | X-Fi Titanium champion |
#3Snuckie7Posted 11/9/2012 4:11:01 PM
Ask yourself: why do you want a new mobo? Is it just because everyone else has a new one?
---
#4ArcencialPosted 11/9/2012 4:12:17 PM
1. Why do you need a new motherboard?

2. Why do you need 8 GBs of RAM?
#5twinsfan19Posted 11/9/2012 4:57:28 PM
Arcencial posted...
1. Why do you need a new motherboard?

2. Why do you need 8 GBs of RAM?

8 GB RAM is nice if you have other stuff open while gaming. New mobo doesn't seem to really be necessary in TC's case though.
---
Currently Playing: Borderlands 2, SC2, TF2
#6Kano92(Topic Creator)Posted 11/9/2012 6:02:53 PM
Cause it has intel native usb 3.0, I do have a usb 3.0 ext dock but not using cause I'm currently using esata dock cause the 3.0 on my current board I don't trust. I don't open other programs while gaming, 4GB is enough probably for 90% of people out there ? I guess I don't really need to upgrade then.
---
Dust collecting Wii's sold more consoles but don't mean nothing,
Play any Skyrim,COD,GOW,SF4,MK,GT5,FORZA,MassEf,Gears,DarkS,BF3,RE5,Portal..No didn't think so