This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Great PC Only Games

#1SchmemanPosted 11/13/2012 12:22:36 AM
I've been recently getting into pc gaming and I was wondering what games were really good that are only available on PC. I have played some PC games in the past but not enough to qualify myself as a pc gamer.

Games I already have are:

Riven: The Sequel to Myst
The Longest Journey
Neverwinter Nights
Space Quest Collection
Deus Ex

Can anyone recommend some great PC only games? I'm open to any genre of games except for sim games (simcity, the sims, et cetera). Thanks :)
---
Alex
#2iscareu13Posted 11/13/2012 12:23:07 AM
Valve Complete Pack
#3YoungAdultLinkPosted 11/13/2012 12:32:01 AM
Shogun 2 if you're interested in Grand Strategy. The STALKER games, mostly the 3rd one. Atom Zombie Smasher is a fun, though difficult, zombie killing game, though it's a top down strategy where your goal is primarily to save civilians. FTL is a roguelike/live action strategy/space fighter game done in a top down perspective. There's Crysis because the 360 version doesn't count.

Killing Floor is a coop horde-mode style shooter where you fight off waves of not-zombies. Magicka is fun if you have friends, though frustratingly hard at times. Space Pirates and Zombies is a top down real time space game. I wouldn't call it a sim, it's far too arcadey for that. It's got a story but I mostly ignore it and just go do missions whenever I install it.

There's Torchlight and Torchlight 2 for hack 'n slash RPG, the older Unreal games, since they haven't done a straight port besides UT99 and UT3. Oh, and every old Star Wars game that doesn't require a joystick to play.
---
Once we perfect building Mechs, I expect there to be a factory in Mexico pumping out a brand call Mechsican. I wanna buy me a Mechsican.
#4jake-sfPosted 11/13/2012 1:00:57 AM(edited)
Just decided to go through my library of games and point out lots of worthy titles filtered by genre, mostly. Whatever the list is, its not complete -> and it might include 1 or 2 games available on consoles, but I tried to avoid it.

RPG:
Arx Fatalis
Baldur's Gate 1-2
Icewind Dale
Might & Magic 6-7-8
Planescape: Torment

FPS:
Unreal Gold
Unreal Tournament
Unreal Tournament 2004
Half-Life (all of them)
(lazy N64 ports of the following don't counts, okay!)
Blood
Duke Nukem 3D
Heretic
Hexen
Quake 1-2-3
Shadow Warrior
Strife
Dark Messiah of Might & Magic
Left 4 Dead 1-2
Painkiller
Portal 1-2
Serious Sam 1
System Shock 1-2
Team Fortress 2
Thief 1-2

Action RPG:
Crusader of Might & Magic (I can't explain why I love this game, its very flawed)
Diablo 1-2
Revenant (Diablo-style game with a more elaborate combat system)
Titan Quest + Immortal Throne

Strategy:
Black & White
C&C Red Alert
Command & Conquer 95
Homeworld
Lords of Magic (niche and flawed, but has a place in my heart)
StarCraft: Brood War
WarCraft 3 + Frozen Throne
Worms Armageddon (Worms Reloaded is good too)
X-Com: UFO Defense

Space:
Tachyon: The Fringe

Indie:
Braid
Cave Story (free)
Project Zomboid
Super Meat Boy
Terraria

Horror:
Silent Hill 2-3

Unique:

C&C Renegade for its multiplayer, but now its close to death. Still the best thing on Earth.
Duke Nukem (The first one on DOS, come on, its awesome)
King's Quest 8: Mask of Eternity
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/SFJake250?feature=watch
http://sfjake.zxq.net/
#5iscareu13Posted 11/13/2012 12:55:42 AM
jake-sf posted...
List

Great List!
#6OmegaFlare18Posted 11/13/2012 2:14:02 AM
iscareu13 posted...
jake-sf posted...
List