This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm to release March 12, 2013

#1PhillyCheesePosted 11/13/2012 7:19:16 AM
http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/press/pressreleases.html?id=7849184

A link of what the box art looks like, and what you get in the Digital Deluxe version is in the link below:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1224677-Heart-of-the-Swarm-Release-Date-March-12-2013-Box-Art-include?p=19086936#post19086936
#2centsyPosted 11/13/2012 8:20:45 AM
Awesome! Can't wait!
---
http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/6758/6759.jpg
#3MasterTurtlePosted 11/13/2012 8:30:43 AM
Now, if only it cost $20 less...
---
Can I interest you in a...side mission?
#4iscareu13Posted 11/13/2012 8:47:22 AM
MasterTurtle posted...

What?
#5Freak ShowPosted 11/13/2012 8:56:35 AM
MasterTurtle posted...

40 bucks sounds good to me. Your average yearly console rehash is priced at 60 and has a shorter campaign and less features.
---
"The reason i love the $ store is I don't have to get all dressed up like I'm going to Wal-Mart or something" - Trailer trash on the news
#6GynthaeresPosted 11/13/2012 9:14:26 AM
I dunno, $40 is the expected price for a Blizzard expansion, but it just doesn't feel worth it. A new campaign, a handful of new units, and some additional fixes to the awful b.net 2.0, for $40? Meh.

More annoyingly, people have to buy it, if they want to keep playing the game that "matters". I wish Blizzard would adopt Relic's expansion model... I was really impressed with like, Chaos Rising, which gave us an entirely new race, a new gameplay mode, new units, revamped audio, and a revamped interface, for $30. And you could actually get most of that for free; you just had to buy the expansion if you wanted to play the new race, or play the campaign.

Also, getting away from the pricepoint, I'm a little surprised it's coming out so soon. Last I heard, the beta was still horrifically imbalanced, units (especially Protoss) are still being redesigned, and the Warhound hasn't yet been re-implemented (assuming it's going to be). I don't have much hope for HotS being balanced and playable within a few months... Blizzard doesn't have a good track record for that these days.
---
The sole purpose of this space is to make my post look longer.
#7osatsukiPosted 11/13/2012 9:18:11 AM
lol,just in my birthday :D
---
Sorry if my English is too Bad (x_x")
#8noimnoturdaddyPosted 11/13/2012 9:19:44 AM
Gynthaeres posted...
Also, getting away from the pricepoint, I'm a little surprised it's coming out so soon.

Blizzard's been taking things out of the oven way too early for years now.
---
This is great! I will use Heroin on the weekends now!
#9Milenko2121Posted 11/13/2012 9:20:34 AM
screw digital, i gotta get that collectors box to match my wol collectors.
---
Flatland BMX - "Girls come and go, but Bikes are Forever"
http://s77.photobucket.com/albums/j58/Milenko2121/Flatland/
#10ShebeskiiPosted 11/13/2012 10:57:25 AM
Gynthaeres posted...
I dunno, $40 is the expected price for a Blizzard expansion, but it just doesn't feel worth it. A new campaign, a handful of new units, and some additional fixes to the awful b.net 2.0, for $40? Meh.

More annoyingly, people have to buy it, if they want to keep playing the game that "matters". I wish Blizzard would adopt Relic's expansion model... I was really impressed with like, Chaos Rising, which gave us an entirely new race, a new gameplay mode, new units, revamped audio, and a revamped interface, for $30. And you could actually get most of that for free; you just had to buy the expansion if you wanted to play the new race, or play the campaign.

Also, getting away from the pricepoint, I'm a little surprised it's coming out so soon. Last I heard, the beta was still horrifically imbalanced, units (especially Protoss) are still being redesigned, and the Warhound hasn't yet been re-implemented (assuming it's going to be). I don't have much hope for HotS being balanced and playable within a few months... Blizzard doesn't have a good track record for that these days.

Except this expansion gives you all of that except the new race. What do you think HoTS offers? Everything you expected. Do people just have this inherent bias against blizzard because they're big? No one wants a new race. A new race would be stupid.

It'll be almost 3 years since the initial release with that release date. Do you expect an expansion 4 years after the initial release? It's a testament to the quality of the original product that most of us want to wait so long.
---
That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence. - Christopher Hitchens