This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Thinking of upgrading to Windows 8 from Vista, looking for advice.

#31Enigma149Posted 7/27/2013 2:02:24 PM
Drelkag posted...
nameless0101 posted...
I'm going to get harassed for saying this and you seem to have made your mind up already but ignore everyone complaining about how "bad" Windows 8 is until you've tried it for yourself.

As you have previously said its cheaper and me and all my friends who previously used 7 prefer 8, I really don't understand all the hate towards it.

Before anyone replies to me and goes "Touch Screen, herp derp" I totally disagree and think the new start screen is a fantastic addition.

Same here.

I concur.
---
MOS 6510 @ 1.023 MHz // MOS VIC-II 6567 // 64 kB RAM // 20 kB ROM // 3ch MOS 6581 SID // 1541 FDD // Datasette
3DS: 4897-5935-1924; NN, Steam: CrimsonEnigma
#32MaximoomPosted 7/27/2013 2:06:57 PM
Well, even 8 is better then vista.
#33Lemur_HPosted 7/27/2013 2:08:21 PM
Maximoom posted...

So, tell us. What's so bad about Vista?

Go on. I'm waiting.
#34Enigma149Posted 7/27/2013 2:09:57 PM
Lemur_H posted...
Maximoom posted...

Go on. I'm waiting.

Nothing's bad about Vista, but 7 and 8 are much better.
---
MOS 6510 @ 1.023 MHz // MOS VIC-II 6567 // 64 kB RAM // 20 kB ROM // 3ch MOS 6581 SID // 1541 FDD // Datasette
3DS: 4897-5935-1924; NN, Steam: CrimsonEnigma
#35thedarklordx3Posted 7/27/2013 2:47:35 PM
GilgameshSwords posted...

In terms of price in the UK, based on Amazon (seller being Microsoft), it is much cheaper to go for the 8 upgrade than for 7, by quite a significant amount. Thank you.

even if 7 costs $200 more, it's still worth not having vista,

7 is objectively amazing, xp is good, vista is terrible, 8 is the worst thing to ever exist.

Killah Priest posted...
Windows 8 is just fine, I'm starting to prefer it over 7.

if I punched you in the face every day at noon for a year, eventually you'd get used to it.

Dorami posted...
The differences between Vista, 7, and 8 are not that big. If you are getting a limited time good deal, sure. But just for the sake of upgrading? Might as well wait until Vista's eol.

what!?!?! the difference is HUGE, the UI is COMPLETELY DIFFERENT

nameless0101 posted...
I'm going to get harassed for saying this and you seem to have made your mind up already but ignore everyone complaining about how "bad" Windows 8 is until you've tried it for yourself.

As you have previously said its cheaper and me and all my friends who previously used 7 prefer 8, I really don't understand all the hate towards it.

Before anyone replies to me and goes "Touch Screen, herp derp" I totally disagree and think the new start screen is a fantastic addition.

I feel like you're one of those non-tech savy people, well it isn't '95 anymore, you have to know computers

if you did, you'd see how bad windows 8 is.

Lemur_H posted...

Go on. I'm waiting.

that guy is actually wrong, windows 8 isn't better than anything, but vista was crap, everyone knows it.
---
League of Legends IGN: devilkingx - add me and play with me
Official Raichu of the pokemon X and Y boards
#36Killah PriestPosted 7/27/2013 2:57:07 PM(edited)
My windows vista experience was great.

if I punched you in the face every day at noon for a year, eventually you'd get used to it.

I'd get used to it but I wouldn't like it, nor would I prefer it to not being punched in the face every day at noon. =p
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#37mikewu1Posted 7/27/2013 2:54:53 PM
GilgameshSwords posted...
I suppose the only other question I have is, is there a program that will scan all of my devices (sound controller, network card, graphics card etc...) to make sure that they are all up to date?

Not really without paying a bunch of money that's not worth it. There is a Chinese program that I use. Google "Driver Genuis Chinese". It works very well. The only down side is it is in Chinese but I can read a little bit so it works for me.
#38Lemur_HPosted 7/27/2013 3:50:13 PM
thedarklordx3 posted...
that guy is actually wrong, windows 8 isn't better than anything, but vista was crap, everyone knows it.

No.
#39CatToyPosted 7/27/2013 4:02:15 PM(edited)
thedarklordx3 posted...

You sure took up an awful lot of space for not really saying anything at all.
---
Duba Dubababa Ba Da! Dub?
3DS: 0301 9786 1157
#40HypereiaPosted 7/27/2013 4:04:18 PM
While I'm using 8, I'm not sure I'd recommend it if 7 is an option on the table.

That being said, it's not bad enough for me to format and start again.

If my main data or OS drive went bad however, I'd definitely pop my Win 7 disc in before I'd even consider 8.
---
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Hypereia
Origin/BF3: Hypereia