This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

To all dungeon crawler fans, why no talk/love for sacred 2?

#11ThePHiLsTeR(Topic Creator)Posted 7/28/2013 7:34:48 PM
DaedalusEx posted...
I found it to be really uninteresting. Nothing about it really stands out, except for maybe the world, but the game doesn't give you any good reason to explore it.

Really? I find it to be the complete opposite. Some of the many things that makes the game stand out is creating spell combos, regen instead of mana system, automatic pickup with press of a button. On top of that there are many skills/skill trees and then there is another massive skill set for passives. There is a dragon mage which allows you to summon dragons or transform into one. I don't know of any games that allow you to do this. If there are probably not many.

Also while exploring I find better items. And there is a ton of items in this game.
---
i5-2500k, azrock z68 Gen3 Extreme 3, 8g ram, win7, crossfire sapphire 6850, 256gb Samsung 840, CM QuickFirePro Brown Switches, Korean IPS monitor, Playstation 3
#12SilentHawk29Posted 7/28/2013 7:37:31 PM
Started 3 different characters and just could not get into it.
---
PSN - Srikar || Steam - SilentHawk29
My car: http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/8583/86coupe.jpg
#13JJH777Posted 7/28/2013 7:42:29 PM
How are the items? Every ARPG I've played since D2 has disappointed me in that department. I like how unique D2 items feel (the sets, runewords and unique gear that is). A lot of items have effects that no other item has. I like how getting certain pieces of gear in D2 makes me go "Oh now I want to make this other type of character!" vs the just getting items with bigger/better stats in games like D3 and TL2.
---
If you believe that Abed is the true Messiah and you are 100% proud of it make this your signature.
#14ThePHiLsTeR(Topic Creator)Posted 7/28/2013 7:45:46 PM
JJH777 posted...
How are the items? Every ARPG I've played since D2 has disappointed me in that department. I like how unique D2 items feel (the sets, runewords and unique gear that is). A lot of items have effects that no other item has. I like how getting certain pieces of gear in D2 makes me go "Oh now I want to make this other type of character!" vs the just getting items with bigger/better stats in games like D3 and TL2.

I totally agree with this statement. Items are great. Though I don't know if more epic than d2. D2 just did everything top notch. Items imo are almost as good as d2 and better than TL2/D3/Titan's quest. Also I can't say too much because I'm not super high level yet. Maybe someone who's played more can comment.
---
i5-2500k, azrock z68 Gen3 Extreme 3, 8g ram, win7, crossfire sapphire 6850, 256gb Samsung 840, CM QuickFirePro Brown Switches, Korean IPS monitor, Playstation 3
#15YombieePosted 7/28/2013 7:46:30 PM
Sacred 2 has the inquisitor class right?

I played it on xbox 360 and I felt the world was way to empty and way too large.

There was plenty of quests but there wasn't much to motivate me to beat the game, it kind of felt lack luster, however I did enjoy some of the mechanics of the game, the combat was great, but ultimately wasn't it's saving grace.
#16MaDHatPosted 7/29/2013 8:29:26 AM
I love Sacred 2.. it's one of my favorite ARPG's.. Right up there with Diablo 2 and Titan Quest.
#17MonkeymagePosted 7/29/2013 8:38:18 AM
I tried it and the complete lack of polish on the game really turned me off it. I maybe played for about an hour and then I quit.
---
7.3 GHz Intel i9 7770k "Hollow Tree" / 64GB TDR4 RAM / GTX Titan 5 GK330 "Daghlian" Chipset, Dodeca-SLI
#18MaDHatPosted 7/29/2013 8:45:14 AM
Monkeymage posted...
I tried it and the complete lack of polish on the game really turned me off it. I maybe played for about an hour and then I quit.

Well it's an English game.

:)
#19Broccoli92Posted 7/29/2013 8:56:18 AM(edited)
I remember that this game has very small text fonts. So i wanted to find a way to fix it but all i found is that there's no way to adjust the fonts size and i heard the game developer went bankrupt so that's why no patch adjustable font size?. I played for the few hours and i stopped playing it since I'm feeling pain on my eyes so yeah it's unplayable for me. Strange though i had no problem playing games like this but for some reason the font in this game hurt my eyes probably it was very tiny.
---
Intel i5 3470 3.20GHz | Sapphire HD 7850 2GB | 8GB RAM | Asrock Z77 PRO3 |WD 1TB| PSU 650w Enermax
#20MaDHatPosted 7/29/2013 8:56:12 AM
You should use the community patch. I don't know if it fixes the font sizes, but it fixes most of the bugs and glitches and adds in some quests and items