This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

To all dungeon crawler fans, why no talk/love for sacred 2?

#41Spidey555Posted 7/29/2013 12:29:19 PM
wow that does sound bad

I felt Dungeon Siege 3 was awful too and a total abandonment from the series
---
360 GT: FiendishFiend
Steam: Spidey555
#42MarceloSampaioPosted 7/29/2013 12:29:59 PM
I have it. Bought on Steam a while ago. I played for a few hours, the size of the world amazes me. But after playing for a while, i kinda lost the will to continue. The game seems fun, but it didn't hold my attention enough. At the time, however, I came from a Titan Quest + Diablo 1 and 2 + Torchlight 1 and 2 marathon, so I think my ARPG cells where tired.

I may try it again... But now I'm suffering from the huge backlog syndrome...

---
Blackwell series: One of the best point-and-click adventures ever. As long as you don't mind the simple graphics.
http://store.steampowered.com/sub/13237/
#43notSFFPosted 7/29/2013 12:57:13 PM
Easily one of my favorite action RPGs. I bought the Gold edition a few years back, played the hell out of it with the Community Patch, but since I beat the Light campaign with my Seraphim, I...haven't exactly been playing it that much. ^^;
---
SteamID: tsff20
Xbox Gamer Tag: TSFF19
#44BDSMPosted 7/29/2013 1:05:08 PM
I didn't like the skill leveling system.

Mainly the fact that most skills have a point that once leveled over, become less effective due to increasing cool downs.

I don't mind having to adhere to a strict build, in fact figuring out an optimal build is usually a big part of dungeon crawlers, but the system in Sacred 2 just didn't appeal to me.
---
Games I've played where you have non-consensual sex with your step-sister while half drowning her in a kitchen sink: 1
#45ThePHiLsTeR(Topic Creator)Posted 7/29/2013 1:06:33 PM
BDSM posted...
I didn't like the skill leveling system.

Mainly the fact that most skills have a point that once leveled over, become less effective due to increasing cool downs.

I don't mind having to adhere to a strict build, in fact figuring out an optimal build is usually a big part of dungeon crawlers, but the system in Sacred 2 just didn't appeal to me.

Ya but there are also stat points, passive skills, and items that lower cool down.
---
i5-2500k, azrock z68 Gen3 Extreme 3, 8g ram, win7, crossfire sapphire 6850, 256gb Samsung 840, CM QuickFirePro Brown Switches, Korean IPS monitor, Playstation 3
#46xanadooPosted 7/29/2013 1:13:57 PM
I loved both Sacreds, in fact I prefer 2 to most of the ARPGs out, including D3/TL series. great games, great art style, great worlds. can't wait for 3 :)
#47xanadooPosted 7/29/2013 1:15:31 PM
read back through topic, forget what I said about looking forward to sacred 3 :(
#48CammyApplePosted 7/29/2013 1:22:48 PM
My biggest problems with Sacred 2 were that I had nothing invested in the story. Hell I can't recall anything about it. Also I found none of the characters you were able to play interesting at all.

It had potential, enough that I bought it on console to couch co-op with my partner. She loves the hack and slash, loot loot loot games. But in the end it just didn't "do it" for us.
---
Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.
#49BDSMPosted 7/30/2013 12:49:01 PM
Speak of the devil, and he shall appear.:

https://www.humblebundle.com/
---
Games I've played where you have non-consensual sex with your step-sister while half drowning her in a kitchen sink: 1
#50PyrotechnixxxPosted 7/30/2013 1:01:16 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]