This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What's with the CS community?

#1TheSchrefPosted 7/30/2013 12:20:07 AM
Seriously, it's out of control. I just mute the ignorant bastards most of the time, but playing a game makes me feel like I'm playing with a bunch of little junior KKK kiddos.

"I ****in' hate *******, jews, asians, and MEXICANS!"
"Yea! **** Mexicans!"
"Yea.. Anyway, I'm out of here."
"Okay, white power, bro."
"White power!"

This was a real conversation I heard earlier, lol... Half of these people sound like they're about 13 and wouldn't be able to find Mexico on a map.

It's not just one person or once in a while. If you like to chat with others while you're playing and you get other people talking, then there is about a 50% chance someone is going to start making racist remarks for no reason.

Then on top of that, if you kill someone multiple times they accuse you of hacking nonstop. Then there was a girl in a game earlier... I don't even want to get into that nonsense.

I realize all communities have their dbags, but this is by far the worst I've ever played with.
#2BlutonicPosted 7/30/2013 12:24:59 AM
Go play a game of League of Legends, then come back and tell us the Counter Strike community is bad.
---
"I'm glad I'm not friends with any of you in real life." -All Star : GameFAQs in a nutshell
#3TheSchref(Topic Creator)Posted 7/30/2013 12:28:56 AM(edited)
Blutonic posted...
Go play a game of League of Legends, then come back and tell us the Counter Strike community is bad.

I've played A LOT of League of Legends. Those kids rage, sure, but I don't hear the N-word 20 times a round or hear some kid telling me about how his testicles smell (true story).
#4Confirmer9Posted 7/30/2013 12:31:00 AM
TheSchref posted...
Blutonic posted...

I've played A LOT of League of Legends. Those kids rage, sure, but I don't hear the N-word 20 times a round.

I've played CS for years and have never heard the N-word 20 times in a round. Maybe during an entire map, but then I just find a new server with a better class of people to play with. Nice of you to judge an entire community for your single bad experience though...
---
No Ness in EB 2 because: Uncontrollable sphere left a present. Ness opens it. It's a BOMB! Ness takes it.(seconds later he explodes into a million pieces)
#5TheSchref(Topic Creator)Posted 7/30/2013 12:32:26 AM
Confirmer9 posted...
TheSchref posted...
Blutonic posted...

I've played A LOT of League of Legends. Those kids rage, sure, but I don't hear the N-word 20 times a round.

I've played CS for years and have never heard the N-word 20 times in a round. Maybe during an entire map, but then I just find a new server with a better class of people to play with. Nice of you to judge an entire community for your single bad experience though...

If you read my entire post, you'd know this isn't a single experience. I've got about 55 hours in CS:GO (almost all classic casual, maybe the competitive people are cooler?). Tonight, I finally asked about it.
#6Confirmer9Posted 7/30/2013 12:37:11 AM
I guess you're just terrible at picking servers. 55 hours in GO, you must be an expert on the CS community then. *snicker*
---
No Ness in EB 2 because: Uncontrollable sphere left a present. Ness opens it. It's a BOMB! Ness takes it.(seconds later he explodes into a million pieces)
#7TheSchref(Topic Creator)Posted 7/30/2013 12:39:56 AM
Confirmer9 posted...
I guess you're just terrible at picking servers. 55 hours in GO, you must be an expert on the CS community then. *snicker*

Heh, no expert. I usually just click "Find a Game>Classic Casual"

Is that a bad idea?
#8BlutonicPosted 7/30/2013 12:42:49 AM
TheSchref posted...
Confirmer9 posted...

Is that a bad idea?

Is the Pope a Catholic?
---
"I'm glad I'm not friends with any of you in real life." -All Star : GameFAQs in a nutshell
#9TheSchref(Topic Creator)Posted 7/30/2013 12:44:40 AM
Blutonic posted...
TheSchref posted...
Confirmer9 posted...

Is that a bad idea?

Is the Pope a Catholic?

That bad, eh? I'll try finding my own servers then.
#10phy2jshPosted 7/30/2013 12:44:42 AM
TheSchref posted...

Then there was a girl in a game earlier... I don't even want to get into that nonsense.

What!? How did she find her way out of the kitchen?

Seriously though, I think most of the casual racism is meant to be ironic. Unfunny and in poor taste, but not actually racist. I could just be naive though...