This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What's with the CS community?

#11TheSchref(Topic Creator)Posted 7/30/2013 12:47:53 AM
phy2jsh posted...
TheSchref posted...

Then there was a girl in a game earlier... I don't even want to get into that nonsense.

What!? How did she find her way out of the kitchen?

Seriously though, I think most of the casual racism is meant to be ironic. Unfunny and in poor taste, but not actually racist. I could just be naive though...

Yea, I agree with you that some of it is people attempting to be funny, but sometimes the things these people say.... lol.
#12Vicious VincePosted 7/30/2013 12:49:04 AM
TheSchref posted...
Blutonic posted...
Go play a game of League of Legends, then come back and tell us the Counter Strike community is bad.

I've played A LOT of League of Legends. Those kids rage, sure, but I don't hear the N-word 20 times a round or hear some kid telling me about how his testicles smell (true story).

Yours smell too and you know it.

Also, everyone knows racism is always funny, whatcha complainin' aboot?
---
Behind this swastika,
Beyond the... crooked crucifix
#13iiTryhardPosted 7/30/2013 5:17:24 AM
Ill have to agree with TC. I've played a ton of league, and the worst thing someone ever said was that they were gonna send me anthrax. In CSGO, I've heard far worse. Tribunal keeps people in line.
---
XBL: iiTryHaard LoL: I3eyond
Yes, i i do try hard http://www.lowbird.com/data/images/2012/08/imgur-dofor.jpg
#14Dollarman_2005Posted 7/30/2013 6:25:22 AM
iiTryhard posted...
Ill have to agree with TC. I've played a ton of league, and the worst thing someone ever said was that they were gonna send me anthrax. In CSGO, I've heard far worse. Tribunal keeps people in line.

As someone who actually spouts the n-word 30 times a match because I think it's hilarious and I mean nothing negative by it, I can assure you that the tribunal does not keep me in line.
#15Ch3wyPosted 7/30/2013 6:29:21 AM
Dollarman_2005 posted...
iiTryhard posted...

As someone who actually spouts the n-word 30 times a match because I think it's hilarious and I mean nothing negative by it, I can assure you that the tribunal does not keep me in line.

One of these days you're gonna let it slip when talking to a black guy IRL and you're gonna get facepunched.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#16ThePHiLsTeRPosted 7/30/2013 6:33:05 AM
CS is a very competitive game. You have to stay on your toes to do well. It inspires people to become prickly. People may not even be racist. They just say it in an attempt to get under your skin.

The best remedy? Get your skills up and own them in game. You will have last laugh. Unless they start aim botting then that just sucks. Unless you manage t o kill a hacker. Thats like scoring short handed in hockey.
---
i5-2500k, azrock z68 Gen3 Extreme 3, 8g ram, win7, crossfire sapphire 6850, 256gb Samsung 840, CM QuickFirePro Brown Switches, Korean IPS monitor, Playstation 3
#17ein311Posted 7/30/2013 7:49:22 AM
I browse for servers and favorite ones that I enjoy playing on. I always do this for multiplayer games with server browsers. It helps to avoid stuff like that. And when an idiot with a microphone comes on, the problem is dealt with quickly.

Also, it's summer vacation. So you're going to have more idiots with mics online during daytime and late night game sessions.
---
Man your own jackhammer
Man your battlestations
#18blade6321Posted 7/30/2013 7:53:20 AM
Ch3wy posted...
Dollarman_2005 posted...
iiTryhard posted...

One of these days you're gonna let it slip when talking to a black guy IRL and you're gonna get facepunched.

Honestly, whenever people start flying with the racist insults I just switch off and laugh. It's so stupid, demeaning and desperate that someone, rather than just telling the other player they're **** using a wide variety of language which is "appropiate" for such a task, randomly comes out with completely irrelevant racist comments. And sometimes they're not even close.

I use a Korean tag in front of my name, and my Steam profile pic is of a Korean girl. Yet half the time I get called some Chinese racial slur as the enemy team goes "ching chong ching!", thinking their wit is downright hilarious.

The best part is when we beat them and tell them how dumb they're being.
---
Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198044407572/
-Crabdom Ambassador.
#19ThePHiLsTeRPosted 7/30/2013 7:57:51 AM(edited)
ein311 posted...
I browse for servers and favorite ones that I enjoy playing on. I always do this for multiplayer games with server browsers. It helps to avoid stuff like that. And when an idiot with a microphone comes on, the problem is dealt with quickly.

Also, it's summer vacation. So you're going to have more idiots with mics online during daytime and late night game sessions.

ya, some servers are good because they have good admins, server rules etc. When people start acting up they are appropriately kicked. And its not like the expectations are high/obscene or anything. Just be respectful. I remember one server that hit you up into the air whenever you cursed lol. And another one that gave you warnings and after 3 or so you would be kicked. this is was cs 1.6 and source though. Don't know about cs go.
---
i5-2500k, azrock z68 Gen3 Extreme 3, 8g ram, win7, crossfire sapphire 6850, 256gb Samsung 840, CM QuickFirePro Brown Switches, Korean IPS monitor, Playstation 3
#20TheSchref(Topic Creator)Posted 7/30/2013 1:35:46 PM(edited)
Played a game after I woke up with a guy named Adolf who was playing audio clips from Hitler's speeches (Well, I assume that's what they were. Could have just been an angry German yelling). After he got kicked out, three people asked why he was kicked.

lol