This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Castlevania trailer looks pretty sick

#31sonicteam2k1Posted 7/31/2013 9:35:33 AM
Dark_Spiret posted...
after just finishing the demo its like night and day from the console versions. going from consoles i expected a leap, but not quite this much. 60fps consistent than the 25fps on ps3. non muddy and grainy textures and visuals. the game just feels so much better and its visuals stack up a hell of a lot better. im really interested to see how much better the rest of the game looks like cause the demo is the worst the game has to offer both in visuals and gameplay (very unfortunate that they used the console demo).

as far as the mouse complaints its unfortunate, but at the same time using a keyboard and mouse for this type of game that has fixed camera angles really isnt ideal. its like playing DMC4 with a keyboard, its doable, but an awfully awkward way to play it.

DMC 4 also has a moving camera.

Also I just realized that it has a fixed cam. What would you use the mouse for? I'm not being a jerk or trolling, but just interested in knowing.
---
See The Game Collection
http://www.gamespot.com/users/nights_team2k7/games_table?mode=own
#32guinness4lifePosted 7/31/2013 9:45:17 AM
The console version was atrocious.

I've played every castlevania game ever made including legends, the wii one, 64, legacy, etc.

It's a bad game. The boss battles rip off SoC, badly. They're too long. The general gameplay is GoW styled.

The game completely throws out the entire CV canon. The last couple of 3d ones were much better, even though they were flawed in their own ways, CoD was finally showing a lot of promise..

If you're a CV fan, avoid it. If you're not, maybe you'll like it. I just can't stand what they did to the franchise. Hopefully they won't ruin the handheld titles too. Those have been consistently good.
---
i5 3570|MSI Twin Frozr III 7950|24gb RAM|Intel 335 240 SSD|3TB SG Barracuda|Rosewill Capstone 750w|Cougar Challenger Case*Acer 1830T 11.6*8GB RAM*256 Ssung 840
#33AsellusPosted 7/31/2013 9:57:18 AM
The game completely throws out the entire CV canon. The last couple of 3d ones were much better, even though they were flawed in their own ways, CoD was finally showing a lot of promise..

CoD was god-awful. It took the one saving grace of CoI, an excellent fluid combat system, and completely flushed it down the toilet while adding a host of problems that game didn't have (mostly related to the camera and targetting).

(Well one of two saving graces I suppose, CoI's soundtrack was also thoroughly awesome. But even that's way worse in CoD).
#34MonkeymagePosted 7/31/2013 10:41:17 AM
guinness4life posted...

I've played every castlevania game ever made including legends, the wii one, 64, legacy, etc.

It's a bad game. The boss battles rip off SoC, badly. They're too long. The general gameplay is GoW styled.

If you're a CV fan, avoid it. If you're not, maybe you'll like it. I just can't stand what they did to the franchise. Hopefully they won't ruin the handheld titles too. Those have been consistently good.

I'm a lifelong CV fan and I loved this game. Why are you not okay with them trying something different? The previous CV franchise was so splintered and fragmented that calling it a "canon" is being extremely generous.

I'm glad that the LOS universe actually attempts to tell a cogent storyline. Additionally, there are only 3 Titan boss battles in the game, out of dozens of other boss fights.
---
7.3 GHz Intel i9 7770k "Hollow Tree" / 64GB TDR4 RAM / GTX Titan 5 GK330 "Daghlian" Chipset, Dodeca-SLI
#35sonicteam2k1Posted 7/31/2013 5:41:20 PM
I have a buddy who has the demo but when he loads the game it crashes. This happens when he gets to the mercury steam logo. Any ideas??? he has...

i7-3610QM
Geforce GTX 660M
8GB DDR3
Windows 7 64 bit
---
See The Game Collection
#36lemonfedPosted 7/31/2013 5:56:25 PM
I ran the demo with my old pentium IV and the geforce 7900gs and it's ran very smoothly , even at 1024x768 in resolution ... but my gamepad won't work with it :-/
---
lemonfed / my lord , it seem that ganon and his minions have seize the island of gamefaqs .
#37sonicteam2k1Posted 7/31/2013 5:57:29 PM
lemonfed posted...
I ran the demo with my old pentium IV and the geforce 7900gs and it's ran very smoothly , even at 1024x768 in resolution ... but my gamepad won't work with it :-/

what gamepad do you have? I would say use motioninjoy. the game is optimized for a 360 controller
---
See The Game Collection
#38lemonfedPosted 7/31/2013 6:00:22 PM
sonicteam2k1 posted...
lemonfed posted...

what gamepad do you have? I would say use motioninjoy. the game is optimized for a 360 controller

Its a psone gamepad conected with a psx to usb device , I use it since years ago and it's worked with alsmot every game that had gamepad support before.
---
lemonfed / my lord , it seem that ganon and his minions have seize the island of gamefaqs .
#39CammyApplePosted 7/31/2013 6:01:23 PM
Monkeymage posted...
guinness4life posted...

I'm a lifelong CV fan and I loved this game. Why are you not okay with them trying something different? The previous CV franchise was so splintered and fragmented that calling it a "canon" is being extremely generous.

I'm glad that the LOS universe actually attempts to tell a cogent storyline. Additionally, there are only 3 Titan boss battles in the game, out of dozens of other boss fights.

It's funny that people forget that if Castlevania didn't try new things SotN would never have existed.

LoS is a solid game. It does a decent job telling a story and the action is fun.

If you care that one game "rips off" aspects of another game you should just stop playing games altogether. Everything is influenced by other things.

"Good artists copy, great artists steal"
---
Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.
#40TheOppositePosted 7/31/2013 6:06:45 PM
I don't like how they rebooted the storyline of the series. They can throw out anything that happened after Bloodlines if they want since the whole Soma Cruz storyline is awful, but neglecting Trevor, Simon, Richter, etc. is not acceptable, nor is a 3D Castlevania in general.

If they really want to make a good Castlevania, make it a 2D sidescroller, use a similar graphics style to Rayman Origins, and use the person who did SotN's music.