This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Got a question about that Disney Infinity game

#1GoIrish80Posted 7/30/2013 11:45:43 AM
So it looks like it could be kind of fun, but that whole "hook" in regards to buying all of the figures, discs, and whatever to unlock more stuff...yikes.

Anyway from what I've read this game is coming out on PC at some point, just after the console releases. When it comes to buying those figures and discs to unlock new content in the game, there isn't actually any data on those things...right? I mean isn't just essentially a key that when you put it on the base it unlocks that portion of the content on the game disc?

I ask because if this game does end up coming out for PC, won't people just figure out how to unlock all of the content without having to buy any of that extra stuff?
---
i5-3570k @ 4.2ghz | 16GB DDR3 | Nvidia 670 2GB SLI | 1TB HD x2
#2AllHailTheDead6Posted 7/30/2013 11:49:44 AM
wah?
---
Steam ID AllHailTheDead
*Puts on his robe and wizard hat*
#3Mudkip57Posted 7/30/2013 4:14:23 PM
It's meant to sell toys. Kids are far more likely to have a console than a gaming PC
#4PhilOnDezPosted 7/30/2013 4:36:57 PM
I haven't looked at this game but if it's like Skylanders then the figures just have a code to unlock the characters in game (Not sure if it's magnetic or a chip or what). No actual download/upload.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
#5GoIrish80(Topic Creator)Posted 7/30/2013 8:01:35 PM
PhilOnDez posted...
I haven't looked at this game but if it's like Skylanders then the figures just have a code to unlock the characters in game (Not sure if it's magnetic or a chip or what). No actual download/upload.

That's what I thought, so isn't it pretty safe to assume that when this game comes out on PC someone will just quickly figure out how to unlock everything from the beginning, no extra purchases needed?
---
i5-3570k @ 4.2ghz | 16GB DDR3 | Nvidia 670 2GB SLI | 1TB HD x2
#6gatorattack05Posted 7/31/2013 8:19:08 PM
GoIrish80 posted...
PhilOnDez posted...

That's what I thought, so isn't it pretty safe to assume that when this game comes out on PC someone will just quickly figure out how to unlock everything from the beginning, no extra purchases needed?

No?

No one has figured out how to unlock every cd key ever for every game yet, have they?
#7PhilOnDezPosted 7/31/2013 8:43:57 PM
If the game ends up being popular it's a pretty safe assumption. If it's not worth it then no one will bother.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez