This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Looking for a free to play mmorpg that isn't very limiting.

#1Jarred623Posted 7/30/2013 3:16:25 PM
I don't care about things like character slots, I'm just gonna make one character anyway.
I want to be able to experience lots of good endgame content, without hitting a paywall. It's fine if there's ubergear that can be bought with ingame cash that I'll probably never be able to afford by playing the game, as long as it's possible I'm happy.
I want a game that isn't dead online. It's fine if updates aren't frequent, as long as there are plenty of other players around.
Lots of customization is a must.
Free is a must.

I'm downloading Rift right now, does that have everything I'm wanting?
---
This account has been placed into Purgatory, a timed suspension from posting any further messages on GameFAQs. Twice.
#2SinisterSlayPosted 7/30/2013 3:18:01 PM
Tera I guess.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#3dekouPosted 7/30/2013 3:21:32 PM
Rift is probably your best bet. TERA has pretty weak customization.

You could also buy The Secret World. It's really cheap, doesn't have a sub fee and is much better than anything you'll get for free. Guild Wars 2 is great, too, but I guess you don't want to spend that much.
#4Jarred623(Topic Creator)Posted 7/30/2013 3:30:00 PM
I was actually really considering GW2 in the future, but can't right now.
Also I'd like to add that an MMORPG that is like what I described but has lots and lots of hours before any kinda paywall would be feasible, if I like the game enough after playing it casually for a month I'll probably end up paying cash to support it.
---
This account has been placed into Purgatory, a timed suspension from posting any further messages on GameFAQs. Twice.
#5jamoke57Posted 7/30/2013 3:45:35 PM
Rift. The cash shop is cosmetic and luxury stuff.
---
Steam ID- jamoke57
#6Teufel_xPosted 7/30/2013 3:53:23 PM
WoW Private Servers.

Otherwise Rift.

Runes of Magic is pretty decent as well

also the New Neverwinter MMO is pretty good as well!
---
Playin Oldschool games for your enjoyment :)
MAG - 4X VET, PSN ID: Teufel9000 add me for Games!
#7klaxenderPosted 7/30/2013 6:26:48 PM
Everquest 1 if you don't mind its age.
---
PSN/Steam ID: klaxender
#8Jarred623(Topic Creator)Posted 8/2/2013 12:18:11 PM
What about that Star Wars one?
---
#9xLexLuth0rxPosted 8/2/2013 12:22:44 PM
+1 for Rift. You have the entire game at your disposal, just avoid the shop which is mostly cosmetics although there is gear in there too. But nothing you can't get yourself in-game.
---
"Trust me Clark, our friendship is gonna be the stuff of legend."
FC: 0860-3416-4781 // Lex in Smallvil // ACNL
#10xLexLuth0rxPosted 8/2/2013 12:23:10 PM
Jarred623 posted...
What about that Star Wars one?

No. Just no. Horrible and VERY limiting F2P.
---
"Trust me Clark, our friendship is gonna be the stuff of legend."
FC: 0860-3416-4781 // Lex in Smallvil // ACNL