This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Good games don't come out often enough, and then when they do they disappoint...

#31lionheart5656Posted 7/31/2013 11:16:08 AM
jedinat posted...
Skyrim was really great for a week or two. Now it's questionable whether it was even better than Oblivion. Which is devastating if I think about it.

Diablo 3 was good for two weeks and then I started to hate it. Fine form for a game we waited over a decade for.

Guild Wars 2 was good for a couple weeks and then it started making me die inside.

Bioshock Infinite was surprisingly good (despite things like magic powers being given away at carnivals) until it became surprisingly bad towards the end.

Borderlands 2 was merely a better Borderlands 1, i.e. it was still soulless and repetitive.

StarCraft 2 was StarCraft 1.

Knights of the Old Republic was an MMO, and not even a very good one.

Mass Effect 2 & 3 were not KOTOR 3.

The Witcher 2 was a direct sequel to The Witcher.

The list goes on...

In the end, all I'm left with is Portal 2.

If you think Portal 2 is better than half the games you listed, then you have no taste and that's why nothing tastes good to you.
---
http://tinyurl.com/3ljyptn
Shooting blanks, every time, all the time.
#32_Marka_Ragnos_Posted 7/31/2013 11:53:39 AM(edited)
Skyrim was really great for a week or two. Now it's questionable whether it was even better than Oblivion. Which is devastating if I think about it.
-Oblivion was a generic RPG set in a generic world. At least Skyrim has nice and vaired environments going for it.

Diablo 3 was good for two weeks and then I started to hate it. Fine form for a game we waited over a decade for.
-Fair enough

Guild Wars 2 was good for a couple weeks and then it started making me die inside.
-Don't care for MMOs personally so I have nothing

Bioshock Infinite was surprisingly good (despite things like magic powers being given away at carnivals) until it became surprisingly bad towards the end.
-Wrong, the game got better and better until the climactic last half hour

Borderlands 2 was merely a better Borderlands 1, i.e. it was still soulless and repetitive.
-Nope

StarCraft 2 was StarCraft 1.
-Not even close

Knights of the Old Republic was an MMO, and not even a very good one.
-Factually wrong. If you mean The old Republic then yes. Not a great MMO, however the single player aspect of it is quite decent.

Mass Effect 2 & 3 were not KOTOR 3
-And a Potato is not an orange. Doesn't mean anything.

The Witcher 2 was a direct sequel to The Witcher.
-lol
---
http://i.imgur.com/dMShSjG.jpg
"You can't not pool as Zerg" - FatBlackCat
#33SirisS-G-PPosted 7/31/2013 11:58:05 AM
Is this topic about naming great games and then saying they are bad? OK let me try.

Batman Arkham City is a repetitive mess. Once you beat 1 challenge, it wants you to complete it again but this time along with 2 more. What a cheap way to make the game longer.
#34EternalNetherPosted 7/31/2013 12:03:30 PM
Seriously lol. The TC somehow manages to hate every good game that's...ya know...actually good! This topic made me chuckle.
---
3DS Friend Code: 0619-3902-4035
Pokemon White Friend Code:0433-9592-2992
#35KURRUPTORPosted 7/31/2013 12:08:38 PM
I enjoyed most of the games on your list. Quit being such a Debby downer. Not everything sucks you know, you just gotta learn how to have fun
---
Drugs are never the answer, unless the question is what isn't the answer.
#36YombieePosted 7/31/2013 12:29:58 PM
Maybe gaming isn't for you.
#37noimnoturdaddyPosted 7/31/2013 12:37:28 PM
Ep1taph303 posted...
#firstworldproblems

Are you willing to give up your job, your lifestyle, your modern comforts, just so a bunch of kids you'll never meet are paid more than $0.10/hour for making your shoes/clothes and receive proper medical care?

Didn't think so.

TC has a point. Games are running out of ideas. They were exciting at first, the same way books and radio and TV were probably exciting when they were new, but now it's just same old, same old.
---
http://postimage.org/image/5h4szslj9/
Man, you are think. - KrazyDago101's attempt to insult me
#38McDoodPosted 7/31/2013 3:00:13 PM
Look into more niche games/genres. AAA games have been largely awful for the past several years.
---
http://steamcommunity.com/id/whipper raptr.com/Whipper
#39donbrifwayPosted 7/31/2013 3:03:13 PM
ImMrMojoRisin posted...
Indie is the new AAA.

what?
---
Steam: donbrifway
#40DerPancakePosted 7/31/2013 3:09:45 PM
donbrifway posted...
ImMrMojoRisin posted...
Indie is the new AAA.

what?

Yeah, I didn't know Indie developers spend million of dollars to make 8-bit games.
---
i7-4770k | EVGA GeForce GTX770 2GB | Asus Sabertooth Z87 | Corsair Vengeance 8GB RAM
Samsung 840 120GB SSD | CM Storm Enforcer | Corsair TX 750 Watt