This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Good games don't come out often enough, and then when they do they disappoint...

#41xBrokenxHaloxPosted 7/31/2013 3:45:49 PM
DiviDude posted...
JKatarn posted...
Sounds like you're not really a fan of video-games, that or you're one of those people who think anything released after 95/96 or so is automatically crap.

This. There are too many people like that on this board as it is.
---
Just so I can type in CAPS
#42GhennkinsPosted 7/31/2013 3:54:36 PM
couple weeks

You played disappointing games for a couple weeks? Generous aren't we?
#43BendoHendoPosted 7/31/2013 3:56:12 PM
OP might be trolling, but here's a serious response. Perhaps try non-mainstream games? Here's a TON of top notch RPG's coming out in the near future:

Wasteland 2
Project Eternity
Torment: Tides of Numenera
Shadowrun Returns
Shroud of the Avatar
Chaos Chronicles
Age of Decadence
Blackguards
Dead State
Divinity: Original Sin
Blackguard
Grim Dawn
Might and Magic X
Legends of Dawn
The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing
Realms of Arkania: Blade of Destiny
Titan Dawn
Project V13
Space Shock
Legends of Eisenwald
Lords of Xulima
Underrail
Eschalon 3
Space Hulk
The Dark Eye: Demonicon

--
#44SienrurouniPosted 8/1/2013 3:40:55 AM
Despite loving the Mass Effect and Witcher series i agree with you. AAA games have been REALLY disappointing of late. Bioshock was one of the best and even it had a lot of issues like the two gun limit and the awful last fight.
---
"You may not believe this, but I was once a remarkable man,"
-Denny Crane
#45Daz_man123Posted 8/1/2013 6:00:47 AM
The Last of Us
#46BakuraGornPosted 8/1/2013 6:40:25 AM
Why does everyone hate on Mass Effect 3? Yes, those last 15 or so minutes were terribly written and disappointing, but damn, everything before that was one of the best games i have played in my life, specially better than mass effect 1 and 2(minus the ending, of course).

Also, Tomb Raider was excellent like everyone said. So were Far Cry 3 and Company of Heroes 2.

August has some interesting games coming, i'm really excited for X-COM and Splinter Cell: Blacklist.
#47KURRUPTORPosted 8/1/2013 7:06:52 AM
BakuraGorn posted...
Why does everyone hate on Mass Effect 3? Yes, those last 15 or so minutes were terribly written and disappointing, but damn, everything before that was one of the best games i have played in my life, specially better than mass effect 1 and 2(minus the ending, of course).

I agree and am in the minority of people that actually liked ME3 quite a bit. Have beaten it multiple times with different classes and they all offer very different and fun types of gameplay. The ending is kinda a cop-out

!!SPOILERS!!
Basically just throw a "god" in at the end of the game rather than having to explain where everything came from and why it is happening...seriously where the F did that "creator" come from then?! It was such a lame cop-out /rant
!!SPOILERS OVER!!

It was still a fun ride though and since the story was really nothing to write home about anyways I didn't care so much that the ending sucked, I liked it because the gameplay was fun and there were a lot of really epic feeling moments in that game.
---
Drugs are never the answer, unless the question is what isn't the answer.
#48blade6321Posted 8/1/2013 7:34:47 AM
jakisthe posted...
You should try Bioshock 2... maybe even better than 1.

no
---
Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198044407572/
-Crabdom Ambassador.
#49noimnoturdaddyPosted 8/1/2013 9:11:06 AM
BendoHendo posted...
OP might be trolling, but here's a serious response. Perhaps try non-mainstream games? Here's a TON of top notch RPG's coming out in the near future:

How can you say they're top notch when most of them aren't even out yet, and the ones that are available (Shadowrun and Van Helsing) are tight-budget, extremely limited versions of AAA titles of the same genre past and present?
---
http://postimage.org/image/5h4szslj9/
Man, you are think. - KrazyDago101's attempt to insult me
#50GoldninjaPosted 8/1/2013 9:18:16 AM
I think the TC is saying that many AAA games tend to be overhyped and then disappointing or boring when they're released. Which seems to be true half the time.
---
You guys just took a dump on my soul - mastahjebus
http://tinyurl.com/b3422xl - Petition to make phone unlocking legal again