This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

okay decided against laptop need a gaming pc with Wifi

#1bigbrandon1986Posted 7/30/2013 5:31:44 PM
My apartment complex has free internet. It is fioptic internet and is really fast and it's free. The alternative to a gaming pc would be an inferior laptop so I think I'm gonna go with a gaming pc and use my tv as the monitor. So I would need for the gaming pc to be wireless enabled. I do not have access at all to the router so I'm purely wireless. Do you guys have any suggestions for a gaming pc just a decent one not a super high end one at $500-600? As I said it must have the ability to get online wirelessly. I appreciate the help.
---
PSN ID: imurhero
TWITTER: Brandon_Renners
#2bigbrandon1986(Topic Creator)Posted 7/30/2013 5:33:35 PM
I have no clue as to what to include as a build for one or I would use one of those websites and build one. I'm just looking to play games like the war z on steam at medium settings with decent frame rates.
---
#3DarkZV2BetaPosted 7/30/2013 5:36:26 PM
bigbrandon1986 posted...
I have no clue as to what to include as a build for one or I would use one of those websites and build one. I'm just looking to play games like the war z on steam at medium settings with decent frame rates.

I was going to help, but now I'm not.
---
Want that Shield!
Ball and Cup on ps mobile has framerate issues. -stargazer64
#4bigbrandon1986(Topic Creator)Posted 7/30/2013 5:40:44 PM
Good lord I'm just using it as an example. So much hate for the war z.
---
#5strongo9Posted 7/30/2013 5:42:00 PM
I'm sick of topics like this being made by people who aren't serious about PC gaming. Just get a laptop if all you care about is playing War Z on medium settings. That shouldn't be too hard for a laptop to do. You don't have to worry about building one or trying to install a wireless card on a prebuilt that way,
---
R.I.P. Mewtwo (1996 - 2013)
i7-2670qm @ 2.2ghz | 6GB DDR3 | 1GB Geforce 540m
#6bigbrandon1986(Topic Creator)Posted 7/30/2013 5:47:44 PM
Well in my last topic. They said that a laptop couldn't run it well on medium in my price range. I'm not a hardcore pc gamer. That's obvious. But when I say that and just want some advice on how to "get buy" by just using a laptop I don't need to be ridiculed by the high end pc guys. This board fn sucks.
---
#7Mystical_NEETPosted 7/30/2013 5:55:02 PM
I was about to help, then realized

1. You want to spend hundreds of dollars to play a garbage MMO/shooter/whatever the hell War Z is now,
2. You have done none of your own research, and
3. You used "fn". That's right up there with frick and frig as the most immature "fake curses" you can use and implies you are quite young, possibly too young for War Z.

I encourage you to do original research, get a build together, then ask others for advice. The solution to your internet issue is so simple you must've placed no thought into a solution at all.
#8DerPancakePosted 7/30/2013 6:02:31 PM(edited)
Bunch of asses here. I may be a greedy, pro capitalist, but I like to help people:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1mtTf

As much as I hate AMD I had to use it in this build. The whole build was around $550 without adding windows 7. This will easily run War Z which is not a bad game actually, it got fixed with all the patches, but everyone hates the developers. Now you can spend a little more and if you want to add an aftermarket heatsink then it would be better, and you can probably run War Z at max settings 1080p.
---
i7-4770k | EVGA GeForce GTX770 2GB | Asus Sabertooth Z87 | Corsair Vengeance 8GB RAM
Samsung 840 120GB SSD | CM Storm Enforcer | Corsair TX 750 Watt
#9Mystical_NEETPosted 7/30/2013 6:02:51 PM
With people like DerPancake we will never encourage new users to do their own research.
#10DerPancakePosted 7/30/2013 6:06:05 PM
Mystical_NEET posted...
With people like DerPancake we will never encourage new users to do their own research.

Better for me. If someone wants me to build a PC for them, the ignorant the better so I can squeeze more money from them.
---
i7-4770k | EVGA GeForce GTX770 2GB | Asus Sabertooth Z87 | Corsair Vengeance 8GB RAM
Samsung 840 120GB SSD | CM Storm Enforcer | Corsair TX 750 Watt