The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Nvidia Shield comes out tomorrow

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Nvidia Shield comes out tomorrow

User Info: lazycomplife

lazycomplife
3 years ago#1
Anyone getting it?
Official Swinub
3DS Friend Code: 0602-6783-9027

User Info: ThePHiLsTeR

ThePHiLsTeR
3 years ago#2
*crickets* *crickets*

*cicadas* *cicadas*

*tumble weed blows by*

Naaah only you bro lol
i5-2500k, azrock z68 Gen3 Extreme 3, 8g ram, win7, crossfire sapphire 6850, 256gb Samsung 840, CM QuickFirePro Brown Switches, Korean IPS monitor, Playstation 3

User Info: krazychao5

krazychao5
3 years ago#3
no, i like playing on my 22 inch monitor. if i wanna play a handheld, i'm using my 3ds.
This will not change until Michigan wins the National Championship ~Signed October 2nd, 2006~
Detroit Red Wings 2007-08 Stanley Cup Champions

User Info: JonWood007

JonWood007
3 years ago#4
If I could access steam games anywhere and could play them natively on the device, yes. The idea of playing a handheld 20 feet from my pc tho simply doesnt appeal to me.
Desktop: Phenom II X4 965 | 8 GB DDR3 | GTX 580 | 1 TB HDD | W7 | 650W Antec | 1600x900
Laptop: A6 3400m | 4 GB DDR3 | HD 6520g | 500 GB HDD | W7 | 1366x768

User Info: wizardmon

wizardmon
3 years ago#5
It's going to be totally awesome playing games near my PC on a smaller screen, input lag, worse controls, worse audio and in a less comfy location!

Additionally, I've been doing this before the Shield was even a thing. The last house I lived at had a really awesome chair in the kitchen and at night it was the best spot in the entire house. I had my iPad hooked up running spashtop and remote connected to my PC - grabbed a PS3 controller and played DiRT2 a few rooms away from the PC. played just fine.
I think I'm the only person on gamefaqs with a daughterboard - ToastyOne
New with a moderation history more plentiful than karma. - Fossil (Moderator)

User Info: zergslayer69

zergslayer69
3 years ago#6
Now that I have a note 2, the screen on the shield is too small. Would have to be 6 inches or larger for me to consider.
PSN - zergslayer69
Friend Code - 3909 8848 9513

User Info: ThePHiLsTeR

ThePHiLsTeR
3 years ago#7
Seriously I would rather have the shield or any nvidia product do well because then nvidia will stay strong as a company and continue to produce great video cards.

Unfortunately, I believe the shield will do horribly. I wouldn't even get it if it were $20.
i5-2500k, azrock z68 Gen3 Extreme 3, 8g ram, win7, crossfire sapphire 6850, 256gb Samsung 840, CM QuickFirePro Brown Switches, Korean IPS monitor, Playstation 3

User Info: SinisterSlay

SinisterSlay
3 years ago#8
ThePHiLsTeR posted...
*crickets* *crickets*

*cicadas* *cicadas*

*tumble weed blows by*

Naaah only you bro lol

Yeah they sort of forgot to do their market research first.
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence

User Info: OldSorrow

OldSorrow
3 years ago#9
yuck
a10-5800k@3.8 [] Gigabyte GA-F2A85X-UP4 [] XFX 7870 DD [] G. skill 8gb 1866 [] Barracuda 1TB 7200 [] Antec BP550 plus [] Fractal Design R4 window

User Info: Love_Me_Sexy

Love_Me_Sexy
3 years ago#10
zergslayer69 posted...
Now that I have a note 2, the screen on the shield is too small. Would have to be 6 inches or larger for me to consider.

I am surfing Gamefaqs on a Note II right now. Awesome phone.
PS4 preordered! X1 Day 1 preordered!
PC Wishlist: 27" IPS, MB/RAM/CPU/GPU/PSU, 4TB HDD, KB
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Nvidia Shield comes out tomorrow

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived