This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Nvidia Shield comes out tomorrow

#21Orestes417Posted 7/30/2013 9:46:29 PM
It's a pricey solution to a problem no one actually has.
---
If they asked how I died tell them: Still angry.
#22DarkZV2BetaPosted 7/30/2013 9:57:45 PM
Orestes417 posted...

I want a comfortable, ergonomic handheld that can emulate games ranging from Atari to Dreamcast, as well as handhelds up to and including PSP, on a high quality display, with a clamshell design, high quality buttons, and general purpose software and original titles that are on the bleeding edge of handheld technology.
What are my options?

Also, because why not: It should also remotely play games from my PC.
---
Want that Shield!
Ball and Cup on ps mobile has framerate issues. -stargazer64
#23Marioface5Posted 7/30/2013 10:08:50 PM
I'm predicting that soon enough Steam will add support for Android with Steam Play (where if you own a game on Steam you own all versions of it for the different operating systems) and there will be an increase in Android ports of PC games. I at least hope they do this, since it would be awesome to be able to play Steam games that have or get Android ports with it all working with Steam Cloud and play time and such. There will likely be a big sale when it happens, similar to when Linux support and Big Picture Mode were added.
---
The world gets weirder every day.
PSN: Marioface5
#24GreenMage7Posted 7/30/2013 10:11:26 PM
DarkZV2Beta posted...
Orestes417 posted...

I want a comfortable, ergonomic handheld that can emulate games ranging from Atari to Dreamcast, as well as handhelds up to and including PSP, on a high quality display, with a clamshell design, high quality buttons, and general purpose software and original titles that are on the bleeding edge of handheld technology.
What are my options?

The clamshell part is absolutely worthless because of the size of the device.

A Nexus 7 and a bluetooth controller beats this almost every way.
#25DarkZV2BetaPosted 7/30/2013 10:53:49 PM(edited)
GreenMage7 posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...
Orestes417 posted...

What are my options?

How is it worthless? It protects the screen when not in use.
Bluetooth controller isn't as compact and unified. Plus, Shield is actively cooled AND uses the fastest mobile processor on the market.
Also, battery life.
Also, PC streaming.
---
Want that Shield!
Ball and Cup on ps mobile has framerate issues. -stargazer64
#26strongo9Posted 7/30/2013 10:58:51 PM
Buy a PS3 or buy a Shield? Tough decision. Lol, not. I'll be getting a new PS3 with two games with the money I've saved up this summer. The Shield is a ripoff.
---
R.I.P. Mewtwo (1996 - 2013)
i7-2670qm @ 2.2ghz | 6GB DDR3 | 1GB Geforce 540m
#27GreenMage7Posted 7/30/2013 11:10:20 PM
DarkZV2Beta posted...
GreenMage7 posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...
Orestes417 posted...

What are my options?

How is it worthless? It protects the screen when not in use.
Bluetooth controller isn't as compact and unified. Plus, Shield is actively cooled AND uses the fastest mobile processor on the market.
Also, battery life.
Also, PC streaming.

It also has a smaller screen, worse resolution, forces you to have the screen where you have the controller, it only streams PC in an area where you could actually be using your PC instead of streaming, and it is most certainly not the fastest mobile processor on the market, the Snapdragon 800 is. Do you work for Nvidia?
#28overkillwfo1978Posted 7/30/2013 11:51:45 PM
If I could stream games anywhere, I'd buy it in a second, but, as almost every sane person in this thread has already mentioned... why would I want to play my PC games on a handheld with downgraded everything right in front of my awesome living room, big screen PC setup? To take it to the bathroom? Yeah, I'll pass.

Terrible idea. I think it will tank epically.
---
"Even if you go by the cheapest price the game has ever been anywhere, psn+ would still be cheaper by at least 3 fold". DemonDog on psn+ vs. Steam
#29jgatlabayanPosted 7/30/2013 11:56:39 PM
As much I want Nvidia to succeed, I wonder how much money it will lose because of the shield. What an expensive novelty.
---
i5 2500k @ 5ghz/ GTX 780 /Asrock z77 Extreme4 /16gb DDR3-1600 / Sandisk Extreme 240gb ssd /1.5tb hdd/BenQ XL2420T 24in 120hz /Noctua Nh d14/ all major consoles
#30eddy1nsanePosted 7/31/2013 12:10:43 AM
Death-race

Shield
Vita
Wii-U
PC (they said its gonna die, like decade ago)
---
God created the world, everything else are made in China