This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Nvidia Shield comes out tomorrow

#41guinness4lifePosted 7/31/2013 9:31:07 AM
ThePHiLsTeR posted...
*crickets* *crickets*

*cicadas* *cicadas*

*tumble weed blows by*

Naaah only you bro lol

pretty much this.
---
i5 3570|MSI Twin Frozr III 7950|24gb RAM|Intel 335 240 SSD|3TB SG Barracuda|Rosewill Capstone 750w|Cougar Challenger Case*Acer 1830T 11.6*8GB RAM*256 Ssung 840
#42Immortal_MooPosted 7/31/2013 9:34:53 AM
TheC0ndemnedOne posted...

And the PC gamer with a naggy wife. Just leave the PC on when you go to bed, turn away from her, whip out the Shield, and play!

THIS...and also for the couch...
---
Steam/origin/PSN/Wiiu- theimmortalmoo | i7 3770k 4.4ghz | GTX 780 | 16GB Gskill | 1200w PSU | 3 HDD 1 SSD 256 | Maximus V Formula |
#43DarkZV2BetaPosted 7/31/2013 9:37:38 AM
GreenMage7 posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...
GreenMage7 posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...
Orestes417 posted...
It's a pricey solution to a problem no one actually has.

I want a comfortable, ergonomic handheld that can emulate games ranging from Atari to Dreamcast, as well as handhelds up to and including PSP, on a high quality display, with a clamshell design, high quality buttons, and general purpose software and original titles that are on the bleeding edge of handheld technology.
What are my options?

Also, because why not: It should also remotely play games from my PC.

The clamshell part is absolutely worthless because of the size of the device.

A Nexus 7 and a bluetooth controller beats this almost every way.

How is it worthless? It protects the screen when not in use.
Bluetooth controller isn't as compact and unified. Plus, Shield is actively cooled AND uses the fastest mobile processor on the market.
Also, battery life.
Also, PC streaming.

It also has a smaller screen, worse resolution, forces you to have the screen where you have the controller, it only streams PC in an area where you could actually be using your PC instead of streaming, and it is most certainly not the fastest mobile processor on the market, the Snapdragon 800 is. Do you work for Nvidia?

Is Snapdragon 800 on the market right now?
Also, Tegra 4 actually has better CPU-side performance. Snapdragon 800 has better GPU performance.
I don't want a massive, awkward screen, 720p is great for a 5" display, I can't play on my PC from my kitchen, bed, or bathroom, nor can I play it outside of my apartment. Do you work for AMD?
---
Want that Shield!
Ball and Cup on ps mobile has framerate issues. -stargazer64
#44DarkZV2BetaPosted 7/31/2013 9:41:56 AM
ThePHiLsTeR posted...
torres007 posted...
I kind of want to get one and use it as an emulation machine

This is truly not a troll post although my previous ones were.

Games that were made for big screen work in small?? Never tried this before. I'm thinking the text going to be too small.

/non troll post (future ones no guarantee lol)

Depends on the kind of person you are. Some people love teh big screen. Personally, I give all of 0 ****s about hot big a screen is. Most of my early gaming was done on a GameBoy Pocket, and I've had every major Nintendo handheld since, barring 3DS. Never had a problem with a screen being "too small".
---
Want that Shield!
Ball and Cup on ps mobile has framerate issues. -stargazer64
#45Snuckie7Posted 7/31/2013 9:43:03 AM
You can play your PC in glorious, laggy 720p in case you're too lazy to actually sit down at your desk. Sounds useful.
---
Intel Core i7 3820 | EVGA X79 SLI K2 | MSI 7950 Twin Frozr III | Samsung / 840 120GB / 8GB RAM | 1TB WD Caviar Blue | Corsair / 550D / H70 | Silencer MKIII 600W
#46ThePHiLsTeRPosted 7/31/2013 9:47:43 AM(edited)
Now that it is out, anyone buy this thing???

Edit: Probably lazycomplife. He keeps making topics about the shield.
---
i5-2500k, azrock z68 Gen3 Extreme 3, 8g ram, win7, crossfire sapphire 6850, 256gb Samsung 840, CM QuickFirePro Brown Switches, Korean IPS monitor, Playstation 3
#47r0ge00Posted 7/31/2013 9:47:01 AM
Snuckie7 posted...
You can play your PC in glorious, laggy 720p in case you're too lazy to actually sit down at your desk. Sounds useful.

Don't forget with superior controller setup. Ditch that mouse and keyboard and join us brother!
#48CardigansFanPosted 7/31/2013 9:52:07 AM(edited)
To anybody calling it laggy - have you actually used it to know that it's laggy? Or any similar solution such as Splashtop? Because I've been able to stream PC games lag-free onto my phone and tablet through Splashtop.
---
3570k | GTX670 FTW | 16GB RAM | 256GB SSD
S4 Mini * Sharp Actius MM20 * AKA Magus77
#49ThePHiLsTeRPosted 7/31/2013 9:53:06 AM
This is an interesting article. Makes me think nvidia aren't as noobish as they seem.

http://techland.time.com/2013/05/16/nvidia-shield-not-priced-to-move-no-problem-for-nvidia/
---
i5-2500k, azrock z68 Gen3 Extreme 3, 8g ram, win7, crossfire sapphire 6850, 256gb Samsung 840, CM QuickFirePro Brown Switches, Korean IPS monitor, Playstation 3
#50GreenMage7Posted 7/31/2013 10:02:07 AM(edited)
DarkZV2Beta posted...
Is Snapdragon 800 on the market right now?
Also, Tegra 4 actually has better CPU-side performance. Snapdragon 800 has better GPU performance.
I don't want a massive, awkward screen, 720p is great for a 5" display, I can't play on my PC from my kitchen, bed, or bathroom, nor can I play it outside of my apartment. Do you work for AMD?

LMAO

720p is great for a 5" display? Wonder why every popular smartphone on the market has better resolution than that? Why would you want to play PC from your kitchen, bed, or bathroom? Especially that last one.

What on earth does AMD have to do with this at all? Absolutely nothing. You threw that in for no reason because you either A) actually work for Nvidia or B) are in super fanboy defense mode.

You're talking about a gaming device and you bring up that the processor in your CPU is worse as a plus? It's only job is to play games. That's the most important part. The Snapdragon 800 is basically crushing it. The CPU difference is almost nothing and in different benchmarks from the one below it actually wins.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uKT6jQzJTU

Seriously, I have no idea where the AMD thing even came from. Is that just your go to defense or something, last time I checked they don't make a handheld gaming device and Qualcomm currently owns and makes Snapdragon CPUs...

Edit: I give you that Snapdragon 800 isn't on the market yet, but it will be very, very soon and proves that the Nvidia Shield is not worth $300.