This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Nvidia Shield comes out tomorrow

#61ThePHiLsTeRPosted 7/31/2013 6:34:28 PM
DarkZV2Beta posted...
Really? I see quite a few interesting Android titles around, as well as ports of classic games to Android.
Being an open market, it's not like people can't make whatever the market demands for it, though. If there's a demand for quality titles, the void will be filled. It's not like 3DS or Vita, where it has to pass Sony marketing dept approval.

Name some so I can look up some vids.
---
i5-2500k, azrock z68 Gen3 Extreme 3, 8g ram, win7, crossfire sapphire 6850, 256gb Samsung 840, CM QuickFirePro Brown Switches, Korean IPS monitor, Playstation 3
#62GreenMage7Posted 7/31/2013 6:44:15 PM
DarkZV2Beta posted...
Really? I see quite a few interesting Android titles around, as well as ports of classic games to Android.
Being an open market, it's not like people can't make whatever the market demands for it, though. If there's a demand for quality titles, the void will be filled. It's not like 3DS or Vita, where it has to pass Sony marketing dept approval.

Which is funny because from a quality vs quantity perspective the 3DS game library destroys the Android one. I've seen you more than once call people "console peasants" on this board and here you are defending android gaming. Mind blowing...

I've never seen things that way, if you like to game on Android that's fine (even though I feel there are better and more cost efficient ways to do so, I own a Kindle Fire HD rooted with Google Play myself but it's mostly to read on and has the added bonus of doing other things), but to then go and be one of the "console peasant" people is just hypocritical.
#63PhilOnDezPosted 7/31/2013 7:03:13 PM
ThePHiLsTeR posted...
torres007 posted...
I kind of want to get one and use it as an emulation machine

This is truly not a troll post although my previous ones were.

Games that were made for big screen work in small?? Never tried this before. I'm thinking the text going to be too small.

/non troll post (future ones no guarantee lol)

After playing games in HD for the better part of this gen I decided to break out my GameCube for some replays of my old favorites, the speech bubbles took up over a third of my screen, it was ridiculous. You don't realize how huge a difference 720-1080 is over SD until you try and go back to it.

Everything is going to be ridiculously sharp given the screen's ppi, reading things won't be a problem so long as you don't get artifacting on the speech bubbles like I do on some ps1 games.
---
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
#64GreenMage7Posted 7/31/2013 7:12:04 PM
Yeah, my brother has a Galaxy Note 2 which is pretty close to the Shield and it looks fine. The screen size most likely won't be problem.
#65KURRUPTORPosted 7/31/2013 8:09:37 PM
Hmm where's all the hype? Oh yeah it's the Nvidia Shield...
---
Drugs are never the answer, unless the question is what isn't the answer.
#66steveboblarryPosted 7/31/2013 8:12:19 PM
Nvidia dun fraked up
---
I like butter toast
#67KURRUPTORPosted 7/31/2013 8:13:51 PM
DarkZV2Beta posted...
ITT: Hipsters hate on things they don't understand.

Wouldn't it have to be something popular to make hating on it the "hipster" thing to do? Currently hating on the shield is just following the crowd if anything...
---
Drugs are never the answer, unless the question is what isn't the answer.
#68lazycomplife(Topic Creator)Posted 7/31/2013 8:23:12 PM
I don't even have the gtx650 to stream it.
---
Official Swinub
3DS Friend Code: 0602-6783-9027
#69DarkZV2BetaPosted 7/31/2013 9:14:52 PM
ThePHiLsTeR posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...

Name some so I can look up some vids.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/07/30/nvidia-shield-launches-july-31st-here-are-127-games-optimized-for-shields-controls-and-our-picks-for-the-top-20/

I thought this was a pretty nice listing of games, tbh.

GreenMage7 posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...

Which is funny because from a quality vs quantity perspective the 3DS game library destroys the Android one. I've seen you more than once call people "console peasants" on this board and here you are defending android gaming. Mind blowing...

I've never seen things that way, if you like to game on Android that's fine (even though I feel there are better and more cost efficient ways to do so, I own a Kindle Fire HD rooted with Google Play myself but it's mostly to read on and has the added bonus of doing other things), but to then go and be one of the "console peasant" people is just hypocritical.

Wow, what an agenda. How much are you getting paid for that?
---
Want that Shield!
Ball and Cup on ps mobile has framerate issues. -stargazer64
#70DarkZV2BetaPosted 7/31/2013 9:15:34 PM
KURRUPTOR posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...
ITT: Hipsters hate on things they don't understand.

Wouldn't it have to be something popular to make hating on it the "hipster" thing to do? Currently hating on the shield is just following the crowd if anything...

If that's the case, than being a hipster is a paradox, as it's following the trend in and of it's self.
---
Want that Shield!
Ball and Cup on ps mobile has framerate issues. -stargazer64