This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Nvidia Shield comes out tomorrow

#81DarkZV2BetaPosted 8/1/2013 9:43:18 AM
Shield isn't a replacement for a gaming PC. Nothing is or ever will be. It's a handheld device.
---
Want that Shield!
Ball and Cup on ps mobile has framerate issues. -stargazer64
#82ThePHiLsTeRPosted 8/1/2013 9:55:11 AM(edited)
DarkZV2Beta posted...
Shield isn't a replacement for a gaming PC. Nothing is or ever will be. It's a handheld device.

I heard you can't carry this thing very far. Is this true? If yes then If I had the shield and a PC in same vicinity I choose the PC.

The advantage of a handheld is portability.
---
i5-2500k, azrock z68 Gen3 Extreme 3, 8g ram, win7, crossfire sapphire 6850, 256gb Samsung 840, CM QuickFirePro Brown Switches, Korean IPS monitor, Playstation 3
#83johnny_payPosted 8/1/2013 10:00:08 AM
thought about it but it means upgrading my video card which means spending like $700 to buy a new card and then $300 for the shield and theres no way im spending $1000 to play games on a 5" screen.
#84steveboblarryPosted 8/1/2013 10:04:30 AM
ThePHiLsTeR posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...

I heard you can't carry this thing very far. Is this true? If yes then If I had the shield and a PC in same vicinity I choose the PC.

Getting a vita would be the best option
---
I like butter toast
#85GreenMage7Posted 8/1/2013 10:07:36 AM
steveboblarry posted...
ThePHiLsTeR posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...

Getting a vita would be the best option

Vita and "best option" should never be in the same sentence.

If you have a smartphone at all you're probably set for the time you need to blow 10 minutes in the dentist office.
#86DarkZV2BetaPosted 8/1/2013 11:10:05 AM
ThePHiLsTeR posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...

Why wouldn't you be able to carry it very far? you don't need it to be plugged into anything.
---
Want that Shield!
#87DarkZV2BetaPosted 8/1/2013 11:11:53 AM
steveboblarry posted...
ThePHiLsTeR posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...

Getting a 3DS would be the best option

For people looking for a purely gaming-dedicated handheld device, and that don't have a 3DS already, for sure.
---
Want that Shield!
#88lazycomplife(Topic Creator)Posted 8/1/2013 3:35:00 PM
DarkZV2Beta posted...

It's not meant to be a replacement... Maybe you haven't read anything about it, but it's an addon that acts like a Wii U gamepad connected to your PC. It basically does the same thing, except plays android games on the go.
---
Official Swinub
3DS Friend Code: 0602-6783-9027
#89x_stevey_xPosted 8/1/2013 3:38:55 PM
lol nvidia
#90ThePHiLsTeRPosted 8/2/2013 4:47:26 AM
Can someone explain to me why this topic hasn't been modded for being off-topic while my nvidia shield topic and someone else's were modded?
---
i5-2500k, azrock z68 Gen3 Extreme 3, 8g ram, win7, crossfire sapphire 6850, 256gb Samsung 840, CM QuickFirePro Brown Switches, Korean IPS monitor, Playstation 3