This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Nvidia Shield comes out tomorrow

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Nvidia Shield comes out tomorrow
3 years ago#81
Shield isn't a replacement for a gaming PC. Nothing is or ever will be. It's a handheld device.
Want that Shield!
Ball and Cup on ps mobile has framerate issues. -stargazer64
3 years ago#82
DarkZV2Beta posted...
Shield isn't a replacement for a gaming PC. Nothing is or ever will be. It's a handheld device.

I heard you can't carry this thing very far. Is this true? If yes then If I had the shield and a PC in same vicinity I choose the PC.

The advantage of a handheld is portability.
i5-2500k, azrock z68 Gen3 Extreme 3, 8g ram, win7, crossfire sapphire 6850, 256gb Samsung 840, CM QuickFirePro Brown Switches, Korean IPS monitor, Playstation 3
3 years ago#83
thought about it but it means upgrading my video card which means spending like $700 to buy a new card and then $300 for the shield and theres no way im spending $1000 to play games on a 5" screen.
3 years ago#84
ThePHiLsTeR posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...

I heard you can't carry this thing very far. Is this true? If yes then If I had the shield and a PC in same vicinity I choose the PC.

Getting a vita would be the best option
I like butter toast
3 years ago#85
steveboblarry posted...
ThePHiLsTeR posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...

Getting a vita would be the best option

Vita and "best option" should never be in the same sentence.

If you have a smartphone at all you're probably set for the time you need to blow 10 minutes in the dentist office.
3 years ago#86
ThePHiLsTeR posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...

Why wouldn't you be able to carry it very far? you don't need it to be plugged into anything.
Want that Shield!
3 years ago#87
steveboblarry posted...
ThePHiLsTeR posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...

Getting a 3DS would be the best option

For people looking for a purely gaming-dedicated handheld device, and that don't have a 3DS already, for sure.
Want that Shield!
3 years ago#88
DarkZV2Beta posted...

It's not meant to be a replacement... Maybe you haven't read anything about it, but it's an addon that acts like a Wii U gamepad connected to your PC. It basically does the same thing, except plays android games on the go.
Official Swinub
3DS Friend Code: 0602-6783-9027
3 years ago#89
lol nvidia
3 years ago#90
Can someone explain to me why this topic hasn't been modded for being off-topic while my nvidia shield topic and someone else's were modded?
i5-2500k, azrock z68 Gen3 Extreme 3, 8g ram, win7, crossfire sapphire 6850, 256gb Samsung 840, CM QuickFirePro Brown Switches, Korean IPS monitor, Playstation 3
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Nvidia Shield comes out tomorrow

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived