This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

*Plays RE6 for 20 mins*.... *uninstalls*

#11GoldninjaPosted 7/30/2013 8:43:54 PM
Did you miss RE5 too, TC?
---
You guys just took a dump on my soul - mastahjebus
http://tinyurl.com/b3422xl - Petition to make phone unlocking legal again
#12SteamsterPosted 7/30/2013 8:44:28 PM
I haven't played RE5 or RE6.

I've heard someone complain about the QTEs in RE6 and then go on to use a button prompt to open a door when approaching a door as an example of a QTE.

So what I'd like to know is if the QTE is really that bad or just a minor inconvenience at worst.
#13Benjamin_Button(Topic Creator)Posted 7/30/2013 8:46:57 PM
Goldninja posted...

No I played RE5 first solo and then co-op on the hardest difficulty. The game wasn't amazing but it was at the very least good. Trust me i wish i could say the same for this game.
---
http://i.imgur.com/KNzJR.gif
New Alienware 18 - i7-4930MX 4.3GHz | Nvidia 780m SLI 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR3L Ram | 120GB OCZ + 750GB HDD
#14Benjamin_Button(Topic Creator)Posted 7/30/2013 8:49:39 PM
Steamster posted...

So what I'd like to know is if the QTE is really that bad or just a minor inconvenience at worst.

QTE's arent bad if done right. This game takes it over the top. In the intro with Leon which lasts all of 10 mins there were roughly 20-25 QTEs alone.
---
http://i.imgur.com/KNzJR.gif
New Alienware 18 - i7-4930MX 4.3GHz | Nvidia 780m SLI 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR3L Ram | 120GB OCZ + 750GB HDD
#15Dark_SpiretPosted 7/30/2013 9:10:50 PM
i really wouldnt judge the game based off the tutorial. (or even the first 15min of leons campaign). those segments are some of the worst in the whole 30hour game (for the most part). The QTE's for the cutscenes can be turned off in the options menu. youll still need to deal with the smaller qte's, but there nowhere near as annoying if you do. theres also a skill that makes the button prompts for enemies easier to deal with.

RE6 i thought was a better game than 5 in many ways. its not as well made, but its got a lot more interesting things going for it. its combat doesnt limit you, its got a ton of content, everything about it is diverse(even if some things dont work right), coop is fun, mercenaries is the best and in general while it may not be resident evil its atleast a pretty good action game now which RE5 struggled with in both areas.
---
Currently playing: Jagged Alliance 2 - Divine Divinity - Shadowrun Returns
#16GoldninjaPosted 7/30/2013 9:32:33 PM
Benjamin_Button posted...
Goldninja posted...

No I played RE5 first solo and then co-op on the hardest difficulty. The game wasn't amazing but it was at the very least good. Trust me i wish i could say the same for this game.

I liked RE5, myself. I thought there were a lot of problems, but overall, I thought it was a pretty good action game. RE6. I haven't tried. I do plan on checking it out when it's on the cheap.
---
You guys just took a dump on my soul - mastahjebus
http://tinyurl.com/b3422xl - Petition to make phone unlocking legal again
#17TheSchrefPosted 7/30/2013 9:37:40 PM
My brother and I had a blast with it. You should know by now that Resident Evil games are no longer truly Resident Evil games. Don't go in with the expectation that they are and you'll probably enjoy them more.

I was expecting it was going to be an action-packed shooter and that's what I got and I had a lot of fun with it.
#18GotNoDicePosted 7/30/2013 9:42:11 PM
What can it be compared to now?
#19Dark_SpiretPosted 7/30/2013 9:56:10 PM
GotNoDice posted...
What can it be compared to now?
the game is a mismash of a lot of action game/movie troupes. large set-pieces, QTE's, linear level design, cover system ect. Any element of it being resident evil is now 100% dead, but in terms of its combat its actually pretty unique and not something i can directly compare it to. you have standard shooting mechanics and a cover system, but you can do a lot more with the mechanics than that. such as being able to slide, dive, roll (with different combinations), you have a melee/counter system with stamina, you have other elements like a quickshoot ability(once again with combinations) and yeah you have an optional cover system. theres actually a decent amount of ways to approach the combat in the game(which is really shwon off in the mercenaries minigame). Assuming you use everything at your disposal well it doesnt really feel like most action games which is a big positive to the game.
---
Currently playing: Jagged Alliance 2 - Divine Divinity - Shadowrun Returns
#20datopgamerPosted 7/31/2013 12:44:15 AM
I tried to play it as well but cant get past the first part of Leons campaign. The game is just that bad. Ive finished every other RE game multiple times except revelations which im working on, but cant play this one. Maybe one day ill force myself to play it.
---
Posted using GameFlux