This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

*Plays RE6 for 20 mins*.... *uninstalls*

#21nintend0Fan46Posted 7/31/2013 1:51:01 AM
Why do people still expect classic Resident Evil when that hasn't been the case since RE5 released?
---
FGoAT Abbreviated: OoT, LttP, MM, EB, TF2, DE:HR, SSBB, SMG2, CoH, KNiD, SMW2:YI, P2, MK:DD, PW:AA, SC:CT, BK, L4D2, MP5, KI:U, MPT, 007:EoN, SC2, PM:TTYD...
#22HamBurglar69Posted 7/31/2013 1:51:34 AM
I don't understand how people can like RE5 but then dislike RE6.

Yeah, RE6 can get ridiculously silly sometimes in its over the top action sequences, but overall the gameplay is so much more improved from the obvious change in game direction that already been established in RE5.

The gunplay is smoother, they made melee enjoyable and effective, the game is actually hard (sometimes), great graphics and provided more characters to play with. I think it's an improvement from RE5, but not necessarily for the franchise as a whole since it will most likely never return to its origins. However, as one person already mentioned I think they are still enjoyable co-op games if you forget the whole survivor shooter aspect.

It's a game I can play with my girlfriend and we enjoy it for both its fun gameplay and stupid story. /shrugs
---
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/95696112/tumblr_mpjakcPyVC1rvua2oo1_500.gif
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/95696112/margaery-tyrell.gif
#23Morpheus 100Posted 7/31/2013 1:52:53 AM
As an action game it's decent. As an RE game it's meh. Really good in co-op though.
---
Currently playing: Civilization V (PC), Final Fantasy VII (PC), Don't Starve (PC), Borderlands 2 (X360), Torchlight 2 (PC)
#24The_SchoolistPosted 7/31/2013 2:00:55 AM
All I have to say is, it's hilarious in co-op and that I uninstalled it because the PC controls were a horribly mangled mess.
---
PC, Deluxe Wii U, and Pikachu 3DS XL
#25Dark_SpiretPosted 7/31/2013 2:10:21 AM
is there even a point in making the "its not Resident Evil" argument any more? There hasnt been a traditional RE in over 10 years despite there being half a dozen games released since then.
---
Currently playing: Jagged Alliance 2 - Divine Divinity - Shadowrun Returns
#26akuma634Posted 7/31/2013 2:37:55 AM
I'm baffled how people play RE games and expect "survival horror." They've always been clunky action games with puzzles and jump scares. I've played every major release since RE1 Director's Cut came out on PS1. If you want survival then play the first 3 Silent Hill games, System Shock 2, Call Of Cthulhu: Dark Corners Of The Earth, Penumbra, Amnesia, Slender, or wait for Outlast. If you thought RE was survival horror then you were doing it dead wrong for a long time.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/akuma634
#27ThePonyColliePosted 7/31/2013 3:36:15 AM
While I miss the old RE style, RE6 at least improved this new formula. It's miles better than RE4 & 5.
---
"Exclusives are a peasant concept to begin with, used to justify the purchase of inferior hardware." DarkZV2Beta
#28KOTRwhoopsPosted 7/31/2013 4:56:53 AM
Whether this game bears the Resident Evil name or not, it's a badly designed, below average game that should not be recommended.
---
PLAYING - Xenoblade (Wii), Fire Emblem: A (3DS), Pikmin 3 (WU)
MOST WANTED - GTAV, Lightning Returns, FFXV, Watchdogs, X, KHIII
#29KOTRwhoopsPosted 7/31/2013 4:59:39 AM
ThePonyCollie posted...
While I miss the old RE style, RE6 at least improved this new formula. It's miles better than RE4 & 5.

I really can't understand why anyone would think that... Have you actually played RE4 form start to finish?

Obviously it's your opinion and I respect that but I have to ask why as to me it's a fairly outrageous comment to me.

I've been a fan of the series since 1996 when RE1 first hit, I loved the old style games, I loved the direction RE4 and even 5 took and then RE6 came along and was quite simply a bad game IMO.
---
PLAYING - Xenoblade (Wii), Fire Emblem: A (3DS), Pikmin 3 (WU)
MOST WANTED - GTAV, Lightning Returns, FFXV, Watchdogs, X, KHIII
#30Dark_SpiretPosted 7/31/2013 5:15:46 AM
KOTRwhoops posted...
Whether this game bears the Resident Evil name or not, it's a badly designed, below average game that should not be recommended.
the game has some bad design choices, theres no denying that, but i fail to see how its overall a bad game. Theres not a lot of stuff that id even call bad in it. maybe mediocre at the very worst. Most of the game uses the same design setups that are in majority of action games today(including the famed RE4 and especially 5) only possibly a little less polished in areas, but i dont recall any part of the game that didnt work to atleast to some degree.
---
Currently playing: Jagged Alliance 2 - Divine Divinity - Shadowrun Returns