This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

*Plays RE6 for 20 mins*.... *uninstalls*

#41wizardmonPosted 7/31/2013 10:48:00 AM
Boge posted...
Resident Evil used to be my all time favorite gaming series. Once 4 came out and changed the series, I wasn't a fan anymore.

This. 4, 5, & 6 really aren't RE games.

Personally, I enjoyed 2 the most.
---
I think I'm the only person on gamefaqs with a daughterboard - ToastyOne
New with a moderation history more plentiful than karma. - Fossil (Moderator)
#42GoldninjaPosted 7/31/2013 11:24:23 AM(edited)
The older RE games were only scary because of garbage controls and lack of ammo. Sure, it's a lot scarier when your character walks and runs like a slow moving, crippled tank and you have zombies and other sorts running after you.

RE4 was a much better designed game. The "zombies" weren't the same, and that took away from the scare factor, but it was a better game.
---
You guys just took a dump on my soul - mastahjebus
http://tinyurl.com/b3422xl - Petition to make phone unlocking legal again
#43MrXGamerPosted 7/31/2013 11:31:26 AM
Benjamin_Button posted...
Steamster posted...

So what I'd like to know is if the QTE is really that bad or just a minor inconvenience at worst.

QTE's arent bad if done right. This game takes it over the top. In the intro with Leon which lasts all of 10 mins there were roughly 20-25 QTEs alone.

You shouldn't judge the game based on the intro. It does have lots of QTEs, but when you actually start campaigns, you get a good 30-40 mins of gameplay consistently before a 2 minute segment with QTE comes. For a third person shooter, it's a really good game and even better in co-op. I just wish they didn't give it a RE name. They have lost track of what made the games famous in the first place. It's Capcom, they have been screwing up their franchises lately. I miss their PS1 to early PS2 days when every game they made was awesome.
---
Asus Z77 Sabertooth | i7 3770k | EVGA GTX 680 Classified | Corsair Vengeance 16GB - 1600MHz | Crucial m4 SSD | Blu-ray | Win 7 x64
#44DarkZV2BetaPosted 7/31/2013 11:32:25 AM
Confirmed: the next MH game will be a Xbone exclusive shooter set in a post-modern war-themed scenario.
---
Want that Shield!
Ball and Cup on ps mobile has framerate issues. -stargazer64
#45SienrurouniPosted 7/31/2013 11:33:55 AM
calcycle posted...
It's like an arguable bigger version of RE5. Whether that's a good thing or a bad thing is up to you. expect nothing more or less.

But it's a lot less. Hell it lacks the upgrade system that made 4 and 5 so fun to replay.
---
"You may not believe this, but I was once a remarkable man,"
-Denny Crane
#46KOTRwhoopsPosted 7/31/2013 2:19:33 PM
Nice one Dark_Spiret. Good posts, it's nice to have a rare respectful discussion on this site! :)

Maybe I should give RE6 one more go... But I'm not going to hold my hopes up.
---
PLAYING - Xenoblade (Wii), Fire Emblem: A (3DS), Pikmin 3 (WU)
MOST WANTED - GTAV, Lightning Returns, FFXV, Watchdogs, X, KHIII
#47SnipeStarPosted 7/31/2013 2:38:19 PM
i got halfway through the 2nd guy's campaign before moving on to other games that came out (and haven't looked back since)

honestly i'm alarmed at how many people liked RE6... it is hilariously worse than 4 and 5
---
i7 3820 / Corsair H80i | Asus Sabertooth X79 | 2x GTX 680 4GB | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP | 2x 600GB Raptor / 2x 1TB WD RE3 | Corsair HX1000w | Silverstone RV01
#48JonWood007Posted 7/31/2013 5:29:51 PM
HamBurglar69 posted...
I don't understand how people can like RE5 but then dislike RE6.

Yeah, RE6 can get ridiculously silly sometimes in its over the top action sequences, but overall the gameplay is so much more improved from the obvious change in game direction that already been established in RE5.

The gunplay is smoother, they made melee enjoyable and effective, the game is actually hard (sometimes), great graphics and provided more characters to play with. I think it's an improvement from RE5, but not necessarily for the franchise as a whole since it will most likely never return to its origins. However, as one person already mentioned I think they are still enjoyable co-op games if you forget the whole survivor shooter aspect.

It's a game I can play with my girlfriend and we enjoy it for both its fun gameplay and stupid story. /shrugs

Sure, the actual game mechanics are better, but that doesn't necessarily make it a better game when everything else sucks.
---
Desktop: Phenom II X4 965 | 8 GB DDR3 | GTX 580 | 1 TB HDD | W7 | 650W Antec | 1600x900
Laptop: A6 3400m | 4 GB DDR3 | HD 6520g | 500 GB HDD | W7 | 1366x768
#49HamBurglar69Posted 7/31/2013 6:01:32 PM
JonWood007 posted...
HamBurglar69 posted...
I don't understand how people can like RE5 but then dislike RE6.

Yeah, RE6 can get ridiculously silly sometimes in its over the top action sequences, but overall the gameplay is so much more improved from the obvious change in game direction that already been established in RE5.

The gunplay is smoother, they made melee enjoyable and effective, the game is actually hard (sometimes), great graphics and provided more characters to play with. I think it's an improvement from RE5, but not necessarily for the franchise as a whole since it will most likely never return to its origins. However, as one person already mentioned I think they are still enjoyable co-op games if you forget the whole survivor shooter aspect.

It's a game I can play with my girlfriend and we enjoy it for both its fun gameplay and stupid story. /shrugs

Sure, the actual game mechanics are better, but that doesn't necessarily make it a better game when everything else sucks.

Well I think it does. I will definitely agree with people that the story and action sequences are incredibly over the top and stupid, but the improved gunplay makes the game so much better than RE5 which people seem to deem the "better game".

The way I see it is:
RE5 = average story, terrible gunplay
RE6 = terrible story, good gunplay

And since I am more interested in an entertaining game and not a story, RE6 does the job better. At least that is my take on it anyway. I am not saying RE6 is the greatest Resident Evil game, but to say that RE5 is the better game of the two is wrong.
---
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/95696112/tumblr_mpjakcPyVC1rvua2oo1_500.gif
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/95696112/margaery-tyrell.gif
#50uhohjonahPosted 7/31/2013 6:04:43 PM
Benjamin_Button posted...
CAPCOM NEXT PLZ TURN MONSTER HUNTER INTO A FPS.

Hey I would play it
---
Not changing this sig until Monster Hunter 4 comes out in US