This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

*Plays RE6 for 20 mins*.... *uninstalls*

#51SS4RickyPosted 7/31/2013 5:38:24 PM
Fans that hate RE4 and 5- hipsters
Fans that hate RE6- Everybody.

6 was like final fantasy 13, the biggest disappointment of the series.
---
i5-2500k@4.3 | Corsair H60 | Gskill sniper 16GB 1866 | MSI gtx 560 448 | Seasonic X750 gold | GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 | Samsung 830 128GB | 1TB WD Black
#52DARQ MXPosted 7/31/2013 5:53:10 PM
oh stop being a cry baby. I am an old school re fan and even I admit the games needed to evolve sometime
---
Intel i5 2500k|8GB G.Skill RJaws|VelociRaptor, WD Fals|AsRock z68 Extreme4 G3|Sapphire 2GB 6970 OC'd |Corsair 520W PSU|Corsair 500R, K90, M95|ASUS Designo IPS
#53chris1001 the sequelPosted 7/31/2013 6:23:26 PM
SS4Ricky posted...

I feel so weird sometimes. I've played every RE. While It's not a masterpiece by any stretch I greatly enjoyed my time with RE6

FF XIII is actually one of my favorite games in the series.
---
Sign my petition to ban petitions. 528 signatures. http://www.petitiononline.com/1337cl/petition.html
#54GoldninjaPosted 7/31/2013 8:35:40 PM
chris1001 the sequel posted...
SS4Ricky posted...

I feel so weird sometimes. I've played every RE. While It's not a masterpiece by any stretch I greatly enjoyed my time with RE6

Hey, if you enjoyed them, more power to you. I did not enjoy XIII. Haven't played RE6, so I'll see how that goes when I do.
---
You guys just took a dump on my soul - mastahjebus
http://tinyurl.com/b3422xl - Petition to make phone unlocking legal again
#55steveboblarryPosted 7/31/2013 8:57:44 PM
SS4Ricky posted...

This
---
I like butter toast
#56SS4RickyPosted 7/31/2013 10:19:44 PM
SS4Ricky posted...

Well...i'm not one to call people's opinion's stupid and argue and I won't. I haven't read all through this topic but i'll try and give my 2 cents on the game:

-Of course the weak 3 part stories didn't do much for me and left a lot of holes. Fortunately the collectibles you shoot fill in those holes when you read up on 'em.

-Leon couldn't be his Leon self(cheesy one liners, last action hero movie) from RE4. Why? Friggen Helena. I hate Helena with a passion. She does nothing but lead Leon on for 4 chapters, 4 grueling 1-1 1/2 hour chapters. After you leave the catacombs you are officially done with that character.

-Chris was too soaked up on revenge for a while as well, and only until ch.6 does his story actually pick up. Once again these chapters are long and grueling.

-Jake and Sherry are cute together and I have no problems with them.

-Game mechanics. I skimmed someone else that noted this as well. They pretty much reworked the mechanics and forgot to mention it to ANYONE. No manual, no tutorial, I enjoy finding stuff out but jesus they did a good amount of changes and decided to tell NO ONE. Had to rely on a loading screen to find out how to dual wield, lol.

-Overall slowness of the beginning chapters. Once you beat someone's story you finally get to switch around and customize abilities. I feel this was needed from the very beginning. Abilities make this game go a lot smoother and it is definitely not smooth experience in the beginning.

-Lastly I never want to do that snow level with Jake again. Just got lost a bunch and the camera angles sucked(at the time, before the patch) and the map was terrible. One of the worst levels I played.

Not even gonna talk about FF13. That is for another time. x.x
---
i5-2500k@4.3 | Corsair H60 | Gskill sniper 16GB 1866 | MSI gtx 560 448 | Seasonic X750 gold | GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 | Samsung 830 128GB | 1TB WD Black
#57DARQ MXPosted 8/1/2013 3:42:29 AM
wizardmon posted...
Boge posted...
Resident Evil used to be my all time favorite gaming series. Once 4 came out and changed the series, I wasn't a fan anymore.

This. 4, 5, & 6 really aren't RE games.

Personally, I enjoyed 2 the most.

4 was amazing. Not so much 5 tho
---
Intel i5 2500k|8GB G.Skill RJaws|VelociRaptor, WD Fals|AsRock z68 Extreme4 G3|Sapphire 2GB 6970 OC'd |Corsair 520W PSU|Corsair 500R, K90, M95|ASUS Designo IPS
#58spud_almightyPosted 8/1/2013 4:04:23 AM
You can judge a game by playing for 20 minutes? Maybe back in 1989 but by today's standards that is pretty damn pathetic.
#59Born LuckyPosted 8/1/2013 4:49:45 AM
wizardmon posted...
Boge posted...
Resident Evil used to be my all time favorite gaming series. Once 4 came out and changed the series, I wasn't a fan anymore.

This. 4, 5, & 6 really aren't RE games.

Personally, I enjoyed 2 the most.

That's what I came in to say.

When I first played 4, I thought, "This is an okay game, but it's not Resident Evil."
---
I was talking to the parrot - Poirot
#60ThePonyColliePosted 8/1/2013 5:57:10 AM
KOTRwhoops posted...
ThePonyCollie posted...
While I miss the old RE style, RE6 at least improved this new formula. It's miles better than RE4 & 5.

I really can't understand why anyone would think that... Have you actually played RE4 form start to finish?

Obviously it's your opinion and I respect that but I have to ask why as to me it's a fairly outrageous comment to me.

I've been a fan of the series since 1996 when RE1 first hit, I loved the old style games, I loved the direction RE4 and even 5 took and then RE6 came along and was quite simply a bad game IMO.

Because RE4 & 5 are full TPS action games, but the problem is they still have the tank controls of the older games.
---
"Exclusives are a peasant concept to begin with, used to justify the purchase of inferior hardware." DarkZV2Beta