This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

*Plays RE6 for 20 mins*.... *uninstalls*

#61chris1001 the sequelPosted 8/1/2013 8:30:06 AM
SS4Ricky posted...
Once you beat someone's story you finally get to switch around and customize abilities.

You can start unlocking and equipping abilities after you complete your first chapter. Now you certainly aren't going to unlock all of them in one playthrough, but you don't have to wait till the end to start using them.

SS4Ricky posted...
Lastly I never want to do that snow level with Jake again. Just got lost a bunch and the camera angles sucked(at the time, before the patch) and the map was terrible. One of the worst levels I played.

I never got this complaint. Got the game on day one and I never had any problems navigating the level. The blizzard was never thick enough that I couldn't tell where I was going, and I had the mini-map to help. The ice hill was annoying as hell, but that's about it.

SS4Ricky posted...
Game mechanics. I skimmed someone else that noted this as well. They pretty much reworked the mechanics and forgot to mention it to ANYONE. No manual, no tutorial, I enjoy finding stuff out but jesus they did a good amount of changes and decided to tell NO ONE. Had to rely on a loading screen to find out how to dual wield, lol.

Again not really something I had a problem with. The intro serves as a tutorial, and I can't speak for other mechanics but dual wielding was pretty easy to figure out. When you have your pistols out and aimed. it shows you right under the ammo count you can switch to dual wield by pressing Y.

As for the story. all RE stories on their own have been had holes. They've always used the files to fill in additional back story.
---
Sign my petition to ban petitions. 528 signatures. http://www.petitiononline.com/1337cl/petition.html
#62GoldninjaPosted 8/1/2013 8:37:00 AM
ThePonyCollie posted...
KOTRwhoops posted...
ThePonyCollie posted...
While I miss the old RE style, RE6 at least improved this new formula. It's miles better than RE4 & 5.

I really can't understand why anyone would think that... Have you actually played RE4 form start to finish?

Obviously it's your opinion and I respect that but I have to ask why as to me it's a fairly outrageous comment to me.

I've been a fan of the series since 1996 when RE1 first hit, I loved the old style games, I loved the direction RE4 and even 5 took and then RE6 came along and was quite simply a bad game IMO.

Because RE4 & 5 are full TPS action games, but the problem is they still have the tank controls of the older games.

The tank controls were much more manageable because of the over-the-shoulder perspective. It made all the difference, imo.
---
You guys just took a dump on my soul - mastahjebus
http://tinyurl.com/b3422xl - Petition to make phone unlocking legal again
#63XImperialDragonPosted 8/1/2013 8:39:16 AM
uhohjonah posted...
Benjamin_Button posted...
CAPCOM NEXT PLZ TURN MONSTER HUNTER INTO A FPS.

Hey I would play it

I think they did that already... it's called Turok. Just don't go beyond the N64 ones. <_<;
---
Sony bought Konami and will release a DDR game for the Nintendo 3DS. In this game, you set your 3DS on the floor and stomp on it till it no longer functions.
#64pokechampionPosted 8/1/2013 9:45:47 AM
arleas posted...
he's such a princess, I always have to save him,

Is he sometimes... you know.... in another castle?

Hopefully not, at least that Princess is more usefull XD
---
Official Firaga of the Dissidia 012: Duodecim Final Fantasy Board.
Steam Account: sephiroth_713
#65SienrurouniPosted 8/2/2013 12:38:14 PM
SS4Ricky posted...
Fans that hate RE4 and 5- hipsters
Fans that hate RE6- Everybody.

6 was like final fantasy 13, the biggest disappointment of the series.

13 was still better than 12. The less I have to think about Vaan the better.
---
"You may not believe this, but I was once a remarkable man,"
-Denny Crane
#66calcyclePosted 8/2/2013 1:41:21 PM
Sienrurouni posted...
calcycle posted...
It's like an arguable bigger version of RE5. Whether that's a good thing or a bad thing is up to you. expect nothing more or less.

But it's a lot less. Hell it lacks the upgrade system that made 4 and 5 so fun to replay.

It really is bigger, 4 campaigns the size of RE5 itself(which only took around 5 hours). Yes, upgrading weapons is a loss but I really think you can't deny that it's a bigger, if maybe less refined, game.
---
Do not add to the Chocolate of Coach, or worship false Bills for this will imprison thou within the Blood Harvest finale for all eternity
Steam: Albatrossing
#67thatfool12GsPosted 8/2/2013 3:03:41 PM
I hate not being able to invert my Y axis. It forces me to use the M&K, and I don't want to use it on this game.

I'm looking for people to play Co-Op w/, but didn't see the option for it. It forces me into the intro movie and opening stage when I launch the game.

If you want to squad up, add me on Steam and send me a msg with RE6.

TwelveGs210
---
Asus Sabertooth z77 - Core i5 3570k @ 4.5Ghz - Hyper 212 Evo - G. Skill Ripjaws X 16 GB Ram - EVGA GTX 680 - Xion 1000W PSU
#68Ultima_Weapon33Posted 8/2/2013 3:27:36 PM
Same experience here, I got about an hour in.

And I loved RE5.

Felt like a indie game almost ( I encountered two bugs in that hour), was just awful.
---
A true hero never wavers. My place is at the top.
Bring me a real challenge. CHA
#69deimos91Posted 8/2/2013 4:51:45 PM
it is a decent game and the QTE can be adjusted with an autocomplete option
---
steam:fartman91/3DSFC:3265-5740-7951
#70Cool_Dude667Posted 8/3/2013 2:07:50 PM
I pre-ordered it for 40 bucks, and it was worth playing through once with a buddy.
---
Not changing this sig until Christ returns -- Started 30 A.D
3770K @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | GTX 670 SLi