This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Teleglitch is an awesome roguelike

#21CammyApplePosted 8/3/2013 10:55:39 PM
lionheart5656 posted...
Bronxsta posted...
Has anyone played Teleglitch?

After reading nothing but praise on NeoGAF, I finally tried the demo...and it's awesome. #1 on my Wishlist now. Love the art style and the distortion when you fire your weapon, the weapons sound and feel powerful, the tension is palpable

Last moments before I died (on level 1): being chased by a pack of...things, low on ammo, health flashing red, drop an explosive behind me, take out most of the pack, down to six rounds, trying to make each shot count. I make it, go through a door, get swarmed, panic to equip my one use rocket launcher...and miss the shot. I survived 13 minutes.

You have to react fast and smart. In those last moments, I was split second away from turning and firing, then I remembered I had explosives, and that I can drop them.

The art style may turn some off, but it doesn't bother me and gives the game personality

I used to hate difficulty games, now I love roguelikes (well modern ones). All fhanks to Demon's Souls. I truly feel that Teleglicth is an excellent addition to the roguelike genre.

Here's where I got the demo from:
http://www.gamefront.com/files/22719...Demo__Windows_

Get to play the tutorial, first, and third level

I like how the gaming community has become so stupid that NES graphics are considered a style of art when it's very clearly just laziness or lack of money.

No one chooses to make their game look like **** on purpose.

Keeping in mind what appeals to one appeals to all right?
---
Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.
#22Bronxsta(Topic Creator)Posted 8/3/2013 11:35:09 PM
imowfaces posted...
where can i try the demo i dont see it on the steam page or website.

Demo link is in the OP :)
---
You had my curiosity...
...but now you have my attention.
#23Bronxsta(Topic Creator)Posted 8/3/2013 11:38:28 PM
lionheart5656 posted...
Bronxsta posted...
Has anyone played Teleglitch?

After reading nothing but praise on NeoGAF, I finally tried the demo...and it's awesome. #1 on my Wishlist now. Love the art style and the distortion when you fire your weapon, the weapons sound and feel powerful, the tension is palpable

Last moments before I died (on level 1): being chased by a pack of...things, low on ammo, health flashing red, drop an explosive behind me, take out most of the pack, down to six rounds, trying to make each shot count. I make it, go through a door, get swarmed, panic to equip my one use rocket launcher...and miss the shot. I survived 13 minutes.

You have to react fast and smart. In those last moments, I was split second away from turning and firing, then I remembered I had explosives, and that I can drop them.

The art style may turn some off, but it doesn't bother me and gives the game personality

I used to hate difficulty games, now I love roguelikes (well modern ones). All fhanks to Demon's Souls. I truly feel that Teleglicth is an excellent addition to the roguelike genre.

Here's where I got the demo from:
http://www.gamefront.com/files/22719...Demo__Windows_

Get to play the tutorial, first, and third level

I like how the gaming community has become so stupid that NES graphics are considered a style of art when it's very clearly just laziness or lack of money.

No one chooses to make their game look like **** on purpose.

No, but they do choose to give their game a retro theme or use a pixel graphic aesthetic. Not every game has to be Crysis. Gameplay or atmosphere should always come first
---
You had my curiosity...
#24Bronxsta(Topic Creator)Posted 8/4/2013 7:10:09 AM
Thought I had played for an hour, turns out I played for three. My best run so far, I survived for 70 minutes

Only 1 health point left. 1 can gun. 4 shotgun rounds. No medkits. I enter a large area and they swarm towards me. I retreat into the narrow hallway, prepare my can gun and wait as the mob is funneled into a tight cluster. And then I obliterate the entire group with one shot.

A minute late, trapped in the tight corridors, down to my knife, I race through the hallways. Stabbing desperately at my pursuers. I die fighting

Damn, I love this game
---
You had my curiosity...
#25BDSMPosted 8/4/2013 7:57:19 AM
Did someone say Doom roguelike?

http://doom.chaosforge.org/
---
Games I've played where you have non-consensual sex with your step-sister while half drowning her in a kitchen sink: 1