This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Games that feature upgradable spaceship.

#1charlton3kPosted 7/31/2013 3:53:27 AM
I went back to play Mace Griffon bounty hunter on my xbox and I love how you can leave your cockpit and walk around your ship, although quite small, then go back and pilot the thing. Are there any modern games that feature that, but can also be upgradable, such as making the ship bigger and adding more rooms that you can walk around in?
I think Star Wars galaxies had an expansion where you get a ship which can be decorated inside, and you could throw parties with your friends, that sounded awesome.
---
Craphex
#2Ikari GendoPosted 7/31/2013 4:06:52 AM
There are several voxel-based space games in alpha where you build the ship from scratch and upgrade from mining asteroids and stuff. Blockade Runner is the one o remember off the top of my head, but it's the most incomplete one.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wdw64aHYXA
#3Ch3wyPosted 7/31/2013 4:09:32 AM
Mass Effect. You can put a space hamster in your cabin.

Also you could play The Sims and pretend your house is a space ship.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#4kelemvorPosted 7/31/2013 4:11:36 AM
Keep an eye out for Starbound... I think it will be ready by the end of the year.

It kind of reminds me of a combination of Terrraria and Star Control 2. Not sure how the space battles will work though.
---
Kelemvor Lyonsbane
#5GreenMage7Posted 7/31/2013 7:03:09 AM
There are not a lot where you can walk around your ship and then pilot it. I own tons of space games and can't even really think of any off the top of my head that let you do both of those things.
#6SinisterSlayPosted 7/31/2013 7:12:22 AM
X3:TC let's you space walk and repair your ship. But not really see inside it.

Too bad too, because I'd love to see the inside of my hangers or inside a construction ship.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#7charlton3k(Topic Creator)Posted 7/31/2013 7:14:01 AM
Guess there's a good gap in the market for that type of game then. Shame I'm not all that great at game dev :p
---
Craphex
#8AlexTheNextOnePosted 7/31/2013 7:14:29 AM
Ch3wy posted...
Mass Effect. You can put a space hamster in your cabin.

You mean Boo?
---
Read everything, listen to everybody, believe nothing, until you can prove it through your own research. For that is the true mark of intelligence.
#9SinisterSlayPosted 7/31/2013 7:15:40 AM
charlton3k posted...
Guess there's a good gap in the market for that type of game then. Shame I'm not all that great at game dev :p

Evochron Mercenary lets you design your ship and pilot it, even fly down to planets and stuff.
But no space walking yet.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#10charlton3k(Topic Creator)Posted 8/1/2013 2:37:47 AM
Actually is sw galaxies still around with that ship expansion?
---
Craphex